Football!

Scars

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you guys think of Obafemi Martins at Newcastle? I think he's gonna be a hit in the Premiership and that Newcastle got him cheap. Next week he's going straight into my fantasy team and hoping he does well. He's only 22 too so expect big things from him the future.

hes confirmed at Newcastle now? im glad Portsmouth didnt get him

Yes,it's been confirmed that he signed for Newcastle.They got him for 10million pounds.He's signed a five year contract as well.He's still 21 & yea he's got so much pace.Probably gonna get 15goals a season I think.

Anelka has signed for Bolton for 8million pounds. :shock:

scarsrl0.jpg

Thanks to WithTheQuickness for the sig!

As a Newcastle fan, I am very pleased at the signing of Martins! He was amazing in Serie A and with him only being so young, he is just going to get better!

Duff has been an excellent signing to. He was amazing in last nights game against #-o (forgot their name) apart from the fact he had like 4 chances to score but didn't score once! I still think we need to bring in a decent defender(s) and defence has always been our weak point yet it never seems to get fixed.

Hopefully we will have a much better season this year now that Souness has gone! Glenn Roeder has really turned the team around since he took over.

O and I hope Luque bothers his Ar$e to do something this year. He hasn't done anything yet and is not living up to his reputation he had in Spain!!

COME ON NEWCASTLE!!!!

omegasigka4.png

O and I hope Luque bothers his Ar$e to do something this year. He hasn't done anything yet and is not living up to his reputation he had in Spain!!

Luque had a reputation in Spain for being a play-acting sulker, who plays inconsistently, gets injured far too often and turns up late for training.

So far, I'd say he's living up to his reputation quite well.

Luque had a reputation in Spain for being a play-acting sulker, who plays inconsistently, gets injured far too often and turns up late for training.

So far, I'd say he's living up to his reputation quite well.

He is actually playing very consistently in England, awful every game.

omegasigka4.png

oldham league one champs? yeah right!! the tricky trees are gonna run away with the league this year!!

NFFC FTW!

Yea im a Brentford fan and it must be said that Forest are gonna walk all over League One this seaosn, if only you had played consistently well last season you would be up in the Championship.

As for the Bees, I'd say we have an outside chance of playoffs. Unbeaten in 1st 5 but with 3 draws.

Luton next in the CC which will be a masssive test of our willpower.

untitled6kv7.gif

matty+brando.png

one time i woke up sleeping under my bed with a jello and a spoon lol :ohnoes:

Quite some red cards today.Ref's have become a lot more strict on elbowing.

Agger's goal was really nice.Bullard's free kick was also nice.Everton won inspite of a man down.It seems like sometimes a red card brings the best out of the team.

Arsenal's away day woes continue. :shock:

scarsrl0.jpg

Thanks to WithTheQuickness for the sig!

As a chelsea fan i was really upset to see manchester united score a winner against watford!.

Looks like manchester united have a really good team this season :(

Heaven forbid the league will be a competition this year.

looks like the new stadium curse has hit Arsenal

A couple of Tottenham fans who were building it buried some spurs shirts under the pitch, so that must be it ;). Couple of Leicester fans did that to the Coventry one too XD!

Forgot to say LCFC 1-0 Southend :) We could have had 4 penos Southend could have had 1 too at the end, and the ref couldn't spot a hand ball if it came up and smacked him in the mouth. Other than the handballs and penalties(mostly handballs anyway) he missed I thought he was good today well done ref :)

oversized.jpg[/bads]

looks like the new stadium curse has hit Arsenal

A couple of Tottenham fans who were building it buried some spurs shirts under the pitch, so that must be it ;). Couple of Leicester fans did that to the Coventry one too XD!

The compnay that built ours is basd in Portsmouth, they did it tou ours aswell.

Fortunatly the people doing the building work on there new ground is from Southampton. :P

I've already seen people put Everton shirts under Stanley Park...and other people digging them back up! :mrgreen:

Damn, I'd forgot about Liverpool moving ground I love Anfield and to be honest I doubt the atmosphere will be the same as it is at Anfield now. Just searched on the web and it looks nice but the stands are far from the pitch I think it is better when the fans are close in on the pitch personnally.

^^Sorry if none of that made sense I can't type...

You reckon the new stadium will be good then Bubsa?

oversized.jpg[/bads]

It will be good, but it will never be Anfield. We really need a larger stadium though, Anfield is literally sitting on terrace houses at the moment, so can't be made any bigger. There's no other ground in the country which has full gates week in, week out like us. Against Haifa, a nothing game, and last year against TNS and Sofia etc. we had full houses.

Don't worry, we'll bring the atmosphere to the new ground. Just listen to us at the Millenium stadium ;) Highest decibal register at a sport's ground FTW!