When you die dragon longsword> whip...Not anymore!

gatesn276

You might be wondering what i'm talking about. I'll explain. Have you ever been playing Runescape, when all of a sudden all movement of the monsters/eople on the screen stop? Oh no, it's lag :( then once your connected once more to the server, your character is standing in Falador or Lumbridge will a few less stuff to lug around? and you also notice that it kept something of less market value(Dragon Lonsword) over something with more market value(Abyssal Whip)? Hate that, don't you?

This idea can make it so that something out of your control(lag) doesn't make you lose your hardearned items. Take a look at this screenshot I put together.

ideamk8.jpg

What items would you want to keep? I'd want to keep the Abyssal whip, the dragon medium helm, the rune defender, and the rune boots. The rest can be reobtained fairly cheaply. The 4th item is only protected if the "protect item" prayer is on. To make sure that these options are set, I'd click on the button to the left of the friend list, which in my screenshot is enclosed in yellow lines. It will open up a window in the chat box(temporarily blocking it out) or in a large window like your bank.

The window now open, you'd click and drag the item you want protected and kept the most over to the space by the number 1. This would be the only item kept if you're skulled with protect item prayer on. Then click and drag the 3 other items in your equipped items to the other spots. The window must reset your equipped items protection every time you change your amror/weapons. If you die, you will keep the items you had set in there, instead of protecting ring of wealth over dragon medium.

Thanks for reading this, sorry for being confusing, because I didn't know how to really explain this.

Comments, please. I don't care if you like this or not, I don't mind what you say, so feel free to speak your mind.

In anticipation of people who say"this will ruin pking", maybe after a certain level in the wild, this no longer comes into affect.

You:Aol is messing my computer up.

Aol:You said you want to use broadband now?

You:NO! Aol lets in hackers...

Aol:Thanks for upgrading to premium services!

*$213 bill arrives in mail as computer crashes*

does it work for f2p also?

Yes, I don't see why it shouldn't. :D

You:Aol is messing my computer up.

Aol:You said you want to use broadband now?

You:NO! Aol lets in hackers...

Aol:Thanks for upgrading to premium services!

*$213 bill arrives in mail as computer crashes*

i guess this wouldnt be bad so long as you as sonn as you steeped in to th ewilderness it no longer worked and you would keep the 3 most valuable things according to storevalue

[omg] who cares if its nerfed or fixed....

you people will argue over the color of a green apple if it was a topic on this fourm god.

Make this not apply to holiday items!!! Thats the whole reason why they're "worth" only 1gp, so its easy to lose them. Besides any idiot whose stupid enougth to show of a phat in the wildy deserves to lose it anyway.

Make this not apply to holiday items!!! Thats the whole reason why they're "worth" only 1gp, so its easy to lose them. Besides any idiot whose stupid enougth to show of a phat in the wildy deserves to lose it anyway.

what about if you're standing in world 2 fally with some items you're selling and your phat on? telling me it's their fault then that they got a random, lagged and then got logged? do'nt think so good idea, but won't happen though

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

what about if you're standing in world 2 fally with some items you're selling and your phat on? telling me it's their fault then that they got a random, lagged and then got logged? do'nt think so good idea, but won't happen though

o sorry i meant in the wildy, it doesnt apply outside of wildy.