~ Elemental ~

Arctic

Finally posted here on TIF.

Some of you may remember me better as Gold.

A new wallpaper. Took ~4hours altogether; started at 02:31 and posted at 06:32.

I've had this idea for a while; since I was at my Dad's, and only just today started it. And here it is.

If you'd like it in another size, just ask.

elementaltf2.th.jpg

goldwolflord

its ok, the quality of the 'circles' is apauling (sp?)

rather basic *cough*boring*cough* =P

the idea i like, as in the elements and the soul, but it could be displayed in a more interesting way. the background is boring and dull and the pictures look copied off google, take your own!

simplistic doesnt work in this way, simplistic for this idea could, this idea in another way could, but not like that.

you know i like it anyway, hmm, 7/10

PJB21

sigpjb2101sigdy6.png

100% my own work, i make my own brushes: set 1 set 2

goldwolflord

Yep that's me.

its ok, the quality of the 'circles' is apauling (sp?)

How so? What's bad about them? I did this as best I could without any tutorials.

rather basic *cough*boring*cough* =P

Simple.

the idea i like, as in the elements and the soul, but it could be displayed in a more interesting way. the background is boring and dull and the pictures look copied off google, take your own!

Stock photos. How exactly do you expect me to take a decent quality picture of a wave like that; a female eye; a falling leaf; a flame with a black background; and a clear piture of a cloud like that?

I'm 13, haven't got an extreme amount of money for a decent camera that I'll hardly use, and I'm male and don't know any pretty-eyed young models. ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâì_ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâì

simplistic doesnt work in this way, simplistic for this idea could, this idea in another way could, but not like that.

you know i like it anyway, hmm, 7/10

PJB21

So it works for the idea, but not for the idea... Hmmm?

I'm male and don't know any pretty-eyed young models. ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâì_ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâì

kekeke, noob.

As for the wallpaper; it's a good idea and I think you almost got it perfectly.

Just a few nitpickings;

• The outer circles, they don't look quite right. Perhaps just use a silver gradient? It seems like you tried too hard on them.

Perhaps blend the element's name into the picture? Or place them under but to match? (I.e. Place the word fire under the flames in a flame effect.)

Emphasise the soul picture. Some may not know the quote that "The eye is a window into the soul". Perhaps saturate and sparkle the colour of it?

Other than that, it's a nice simple piece. Not my favourite though. ;)

knkcopy.jpg

I'm male and don't know any pretty-eyed young models. ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâì_ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâì

kekeke, noob.

As for the wallpaper; it's a good idea and I think you almost got it perfectly.

Just a few nitpickings;

• The outer circles, they don't look quite right. Perhaps just use a silver gradient? It seems like you tried too hard on them.

Perhaps blend the element's name into the picture? Or place them under but to match? (I.e. Place the word fire under the flames in a flame effect.)

Emphasise the soul picture. Some may not know the quote that "The eye is a window into the soul". Perhaps saturate and sparkle the colour of it?

Other than that, it's a nice simple piece. Not my favourite though. ;)

This is easier stuff to follow.

If all fail, Cad will prevail. Lawl. Twas Cad who inspired me to start graphics-making. I originally came to TIF to discuss RS, but got owned by Cad.

I see what you mean, I think, and yes I did think of placing the names below, though I didn't want to disturb the simplicity. If you get what I mean.

I'll try that, thouh I'm not too sure I'll pull it off.

Soul: Desature the outside a bit and add a tiny bit more saturation into the iris? Sparkle? How?

I know, nor is it my favourite, but it's an idea I had and just had to try.

Thanks. ^_^

If all fail, Cad will prevail. Lawl. Twas Cad who inspired me to start graphics-making. I originally came to TIF to discuss RS, but got owned by Cad.

Is this the part where I start to get all emotional? :(

Soul: Desature the outside a bit and add a tiny bit more saturation into the iris? Sparkle? How?

Indeed, yes.

Something along these lines;

eyedontbelieveitof9.png

Oh, and check my wittiness in the file name.

knkcopy.jpg

Is this the part where I start to get all emotional? :(

OMG!

/emo

Indeed, yes.

Something along these lines;

http://url165.imageshack.us/url165/6559/eyedontbelieveitof9.png

Oh, and check my wittiness in the file name.

The result is great, I see what you mean, though I don't quite see a sparkle. I'll try a few things, though yours looks pretty fine as it is. ^_^

Thanks.

zOmg! Victor Meldrew ate Cad!

Never again, Cad. :-$

Looks good but I noticed a few things. These are more personal preference than C/C for the work itself.

As someone said before me, the rings on the outside have a wierd fuzzy edge for me that isn't turning out. Not sure if it's that way on your screen but nice sharp edges would make the whole thing look better IMHO.

The picture for the flame is nice but it's kinda out of focus. I know it's hard to get good sharp pictures of flames but looking at this one kind of makes me go crosseyed.

Because the air and water are on the same side it unbalances the whole picture becuase they're similar colors. Maybe switch the air and the nature or the water and fire.

The rings around the pictures definatly look metallic but there's something wierd about them to me that I can't quite place. It may be that the distortions (dark parts) on the ring suggest reflectivity like a mirror but the lighter parts are uniformly shiny like brushed steel. I'm not sure that's it though.

Finally, at least to me, the gray BG is boring and bland. Sorry but I don't have any suggestions on how to fix this, it just looks wrong.

BTW why'd you change your name Gold? Got your account banned or something?

superawesomesiggynessck6.jpg

Imhomer.png

The result is great, I see what you mean, though I don't quite see a sparkle. I'll try a few things, though yours looks pretty fine as it is. ^_^

Thanks.

There's a VERY good reason for that.

...I don't have sparkle brushes

Otherwise, I would've.

My comedic talent is never appreciated. :(

Schizophrenia. :-$

knkcopy.jpg

Looks good but I noticed a few things. These are more personal preference than C/C for the work itself.

As someone said before me, the rings on the outside have a wierd fuzzy edge for me that isn't turning out. Not sure if it's that way on your screen but nice sharp edges would make the whole thing look better IMHO.

Ah, so that's what he means!

Yes now I look at it with a fresh eye, the rings are disgusting all over. They most definitely have to be redone. Thanks.

The picture for the flame is nice but it's kinda out of focus. I know it's hard to get good sharp pictures of flames but looking at this one kind of makes me go crosseyed.

Hmm, yeh, I guess it is a bit, I'll sharpen it.

Because the air and water are on the same side it unbalances the whole picture becuase they're similar colors. Maybe switch the air and the nature or the water and fire.

Okies. Thanks. ^_^

The rings around the pictures definatly look metallic but there's something wierd about them to me that I can't quite place. It may be that the distortions (dark parts) on the ring suggest reflectivity like a mirror but the lighter parts are uniformly shiny like brushed steel. I'm not sure that's it though.

Yeh, as I say they're absolutely disgusting. Redoing.

Finally, at least to me, the gray BG is boring and bland. Sorry but I don't have any suggestions on how to fix this, it just looks wrong.

Well I had the idea of this a while ago, black background seemed the best for it, and I really can't think of anything else.

Yes, I got banned so I'm openly reminding people that I'm gold. :P

No, I just absolutely hated the name "Goldwolflord" so I ditched it and got a new name. ^_^

You have such a sharp eye; thanks a bunch.

Thanks.

Otherwise, I would've.

Oh. Nor do I. *Runs off to DevArt - Time to get some more brushes to fill my already horrible enourmous lag-enducing brush list. YOu've seen it before. It's grown now. It's got a tumour.

My comedic talent is never appreciated. :(

:anxious:

Yeh! I am not Gold! Gold r teh nub lawl, I r his schizophrenic, kleptomanic, ultra biogenetically engineered grasshopper counterpart; The Magical Badger, upholder of justice in the woodland area.

Thanks.

Otherwise, I would've.

Oh. Nor do I. *Runs off to DevArt - Time to get some more brushes to fill my already horrible enourmous lag-enducing brush list. YOu've seen it before. It's grown now. It's got a tumour.

How do you sleep at night? That thing is longer than... a snake. On a rack! (The medieval torture thingy)

Yeh! I am not Gold! Gold r teh nub lawl, I r his schizophrenic, kleptomanic, ultra biogenetically engineered grasshopper counterpart; The Magical Badger, upholder of justice in the woodland area.

You are still slightly more sane than this

...slightly. It's a close call.

knkcopy.jpg

It's a good idea.

But needs to be re-done/edited.

First off isn't there only 4 elements?: Earth Wind Water Fire.

But anyways,

I think it'd be better if you made the inside of each circle.

Just brush some flames, water, wind, earth and that stuff.

And maybey add a design connecting each circle?

To fill in the background and such.

These are just my opinions/ideas.

You are decent at what you do.

Good luck in the future. :)

bestsigcopy.jpg

Rip. Archer3 and runescape

Achieved 99 Hitpoints At 8:36PM June-05-09

Achieved 99 Strength At 12:17AM March-08-09

Achieved 99 Attack At 3:57PM April-24-?09

Achieved 99 Firemaking At 5:41PM September-17-08

You spent 4 hours to add text, a few rounded borders?

exactly what i thought when i seen it. all of his sigs seem to take hours (according to him ;o)

i think he probably took awhile messing with bevel and emboss settings and stuff for the rings, and maybe maniping te pictures a bit.

-Weeb

the soul isnt an element.

ah about the circles, i saw the edited version of the eye that cad posted and the circle looked fine, probably imageshacks anoying squashing.

if your gonna call water aqua shouldnt fire be pyro etc...?

ok i can apreciate that you cant get a really good camara on your income (hmm, how did you afford psp?) but it just seams to me that those images dont fit that great, all relativly calm with the exeption of the active wave that justspoils it, maybe find an image when a drop of water landed in a small pool of water and theres the backsplash? know what i mean? probably not...

PJB21

sigpjb2101sigdy6.png

100% my own work, i make my own brushes: set 1 set 2

the soul isnt an element.

So what does it come under? Nature? Nah.

/care

It is to me. Besides; this woulnd't look right with only 4

ah about the circles, i saw the edited version of the eye that cad posted and the circle looked fine, probably imageshacks anoying squashing.

Still look terrible.

if your gonna call water aqua shouldnt fire be pyro etc...?

Meh, Water sounds totally crap, but Aqua sounds cool, Pyro sounds weird.

Flame>Pyro

ok i can apreciate that you cant get a really good camara on your income (hmm, how did you afford psp?) but it just seams to me that those images dont fit that great, all relativly calm with the exeption of the active wave that justspoils it, maybe find an image when a drop of water landed in a small pool of water and theres the backsplash? know what i mean? probably not...

Yes, I do, That was my second option, though the whole basis of this idea started with me visualising the Aqua like that, before I thought of any of the rest.

You spent 4 hours to add text, a few rounded borders?
exactly what i thought when i seen it. all of his sigs seem to take hours (according to him ;o)

Yes I Know it seems totally pathetic, but yes, I did. Inbetween doing other things briefly, it took over half that time to try and find the right pictures that I wanted. The rest was spent trying to make it look as good as I could; there were several edited versions; it's the same with my sigs.

i think he probably took awhile messing with bevel and emboss settings and stuff for the rings, and maybe maniping te pictures a bit.

-Weeb

Ya.

It's a good idea.

But needs to be re-done/edited.

I know. I've already said that.

First off isn't there only 4 elements?: Earth Wind Water Fire.

/care

Soul is an element to me. It doesn't fall in Earth, wind, water or fire.

But anyways,

I think it'd be better if you made the inside of each circle.

Just brush some flames, water, wind, earth and that stuff.

Brush flames? WTP?

Brush wind? Now what the hell?

The idea of this was for it to be photos, so it looks (half)decent.

And maybey add a design connecting each circle?

To fill in the background and such.

Not a bad idea, but the whole point of elements is to seperate different things. They're not connected.

These are just my opinions/ideas.

You are decent at what you do.

Good luck in the future. :)

Thanks, they've helped me think about the piece a bit more, though there's nothing I really want to encorporate into the design.

Thanks nonetheless. ^_^

brushing wind - u could do some brushing and motion blur (something along those lines) or use a c4d maybe? meh....

and unblock me on msn >.<

Read my display name. -_-'

It says

"Add [email protected]"

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâì_ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâì

Iv'e been using that for days.

Not fond of that idea, anyway. =\