Runescape Jobs

seanite

my favoriate is the making arrows for the Varrock Army, also mabye you could join the varrock army :D and you get gp for every kill you get (monsters you battle are close to your Cmb lvl.) :)

also, if your a member the mysterious old man gives you "jobs" ive never done them so im not sure what you get :P

No, you should not be able to join...just not worth it..cw *cough*. You get prayer exp and some money is the answer. Alright, when i clicked on this thread, i intended to see like..YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO WORK AT REEUSTERAUTN AND GET 100K PER DAY. No offence, but thats just typically how these job threads work. They're just people who want cash and don't think things through. oddly enough, you've found a great suggestion on how they could do this...using skills. This would obviously have to be p2p, and i'd see the npc you talk to being at the servants guild. I'm not sure i like waiters...you just can't make that work + runescape only hs one real resteraunt..at the grand tree, and public transport i have a few questions about such as is it npc only? If so i guess it'd work..but its a little more sketchy. Here's a version i think would be good. Oh, btw...the community thing..i can slightly see that happening as a skill. It would be like this but the problem is wat could you do to make it so its not like...go like repave the streets of varrock, but not have it intertwine with another skill.

To start a job, go to servants guild and talk to npc..he reviews your skill resume', then hands you a list. The list contains the job and person you'd work for. To start a job, just talk to the person..and he/she would describe it, then discuss your pay. here are some jobs (just some suggestions)

Herblore: As you said: Make special potions for say the witch in rimmington

Construction: I like this one: Repair or build new tree house areas on the grand tree.

Crafting: Build new dummys and archery targets for the varrock gaurds

Mining: Mine some ore for dwarves...somewat to what happened in giant dwarf

Woodcutting: Cut trees obviously for someone

Slayer: Kill off monsters that are harming a town.

Farming: Tend to a farmers crops

Theiving: Steal a certain item from a chest or from pickpocketing someone.

Obviously there would ahve to be some rewards in the terms of experience, cash, or some new items specific to the job. NOT ARMOR.

its another idea im working on lol hehe....didnt want to explain it atm...to much writing :|

also, i think that it SHOULD be at least PARTIALLY f2p cause this could be something newbies can do instead of saying:

FR33 Stuff pl0x!!!!!!!

other then that i like what you said :) i completely forgot about the servents guild...

untitled6kv7.gif

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted this to be f2p because of the beggers, there would be p2p stuff only but maybe mining, crafting, maybe smithing (a little ify on this as I don't know how you would make a job out of this with out mining and why else would you be there if you didn't have the money to buy the ore?), and wcing could be f2p as we need those beggers to get off our backs

rule the seas is a cool mmorpg register through here: http://www.ruletheseas.com/index.php?r=50338

this sounds like it could be shaping up very similar to the slayer skill, going to someone, getting a job, getting xp for it, then also slayer xp. so if it were to be implemented, it wouldn't be to difficult since they can just tweak the coding used for the slayer skill.

maybe. :| :?

Note: My runescape name has 2 spaces between the words!!!

laure++arno.png

newbankofrsyq0.gif

well yeah, but apart from that differnce (only minor in the coding, i think), it would be very similar, since i assume you'd get xp for cooking, or agility xp if your a member for running between the kitchen and the customers. in this way, its the same as slayer, getting xp while for something while fulfilling the set task, and then after the task receiving xp for the other skill, slayer or community. im no computer programmer, but it seems that coding wise they're quite simple. but then, i;'ve had no training or anything, so maybe im just hoping its easy to do, since im not a member #-o

laure++arno.png

newbankofrsyq0.gif

I like this idea because the NPCs are reliable unlike players. Players often change there orignal offer or decide after u just worked ur butt off colletcing 30k willows or something that they dont want them anymore. At least with NPCs they wont change there mind or price.

If at first you dont suceed, then you fail.

If you do a poor job or log out in the middle of a job then you would lose community points (community points would be earned from completing jobs succesfully and the more you have the better the job and pay you can get)

What if you experience lag during a job or have some other kind of interruption? I can agree with losing points for doing a bad job, but not for logging out; there are too many ways to get logged out against your will.

Otherwise, it's a solid idea. One of the more enjoyable quests for me was Doric's Quest because there was a purpose to mining all that stuff beyond the xp.

As for it being made a new skill, I don't think many people would like having yet another skill to work on. I know I wouldn't; I don't have the time to level most of the skills we already have, and I'm only f2p. However, having optional tasks to perform would probably give me the motivation to train some skills that I find to be utterly boring.

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

also, if your a member the mysterious old man gives you "jobs" ive never done them so im not sure what you get :P

wise old man nate. myesteious old man is the random event one.

I had a funny one for hitpoints and/or defence

hitpoints: you keep getting whacked with a whip, once you get 1hp (whip only hits 1s) you get 100gp times the amount of seconds you lasted

defence: same as HP, maybe 500gp times how long you can stay without getting hit.

RuneCrafting: make amounts of runes, then they would be auto-sold to varrock runes store for 5 gp more than ordinary price. lol i can already see problems one minutes 0 minds, next 5000minds ( thats the max btw)

Low/High Alchemy: someone oews big to the bank of RS, you must help him/her make money by alhceming thier items. Double magic exp maybe? nah bad idea.

Thiefing(im f2p bear with me here): phinox/ black arm gang needs you to steal them weapons or something from the other gang

Crafting : same as runecrafting i guess

cooking: resterants ftw!

firemaking: campfires? lol, maybe the black knights are attacking and you must burn the bridge to stall for time so the white knights can prepare.

woodcutting/fleching: getting logs obviously

combat: something like pest control, protect a guy/castle/city from invasion

fishing: evil bob: get me (some amount of some fish) or else ill enslave you!!!(your getting paid high alchemy price for the raw fish btw)

your getting community points, so for the ones where you lose money ( sell to players instead) it gets made up with points.

You get a point card after you complete the first job, it holds up to 20 points, if u get 20, youll need to spend them or get another card ( buy it 500gp, only the first one is free)

Great idea. People can get exp and money at the same time doing a enjoyable thing.

troope1.gif

I will shoot down any one with my bitting wit, and sarcasm!

What POSSIBLE reason would someone have to make a fake like that?Does he profit from faking a picture like that? Does it help him at all?Jesus Christ, stop being so suspicious. This is Tip.it for God's sake, not RuneHQ. -_-

It's actually a fairly good idea, but I agree with sligo. A skill would probably be easier than NPC's, and P2P can already use the Wise Old Man in Draynor for that, though the pay sucks.

RokrinMageTextAd1.png

Im not an addict or anything...but I just cant give it up.

can already use the Wise Old Man in Draynor

well, then it houldn't be that hard to get something simil;ar for f2p as well, maybe even that same dude? i odnt know where he is, but i would assume its somewhere kind of out of the way, far from a bank (compared to other places), so what if they got a guy like that for f2p in lumby or something?

although, personally, i like the idea of a new skill... but thats cause i have nothing to do :P

laure++arno.png

newbankofrsyq0.gif

I can ask Jagex for a Project File and add these features In.

NEW FEATURES:

-Work Level (LVL Raised when a job is complete)

-NPC and PC jobs:

{NPC}=

Talk-To Head Guard(lvl-123)

Attack Head Guard(lvl-123)

Get-Job Head Guard(lvl-123)

{PC}=

Walk Here lvl 3statman (lvl-91)

Follow lvl 3statman (lvl-91)

Trade With lvl 3statman (lvl-91)

Get-Job lvl 3statman (lvl-91)

-Ability to put jobs up (you dont spend your own money)

-Each job, NPC or PC , has a building for it in a city which the bridge is south of rimmington

-Player owned Business Buildings.

oooo, i like it, i like it!

wow, this is really starting to take shape! great work, guys! (specially since im not really doing that much, exc ept being happy... jeez, i annoy myself, thx for your patience xD)

laure++arno.png

newbankofrsyq0.gif

something to fill up all these boring buildings in Falodor, Varroc and Lumbridge? Oh, and Port Sarim has got all that room inbetween it and Rimmington - maybe a little building there?

Seriously, the only things that all these empty buildings are good for at the moment is Hide and Seek (Or Sardines :D:D:D ) and the occasional drop party... Most people just pass by them! Start a supporters list and add me! Be awesome... stop lvl 3's from being ripped off by lvl 47s (aka Karabis :) who pays them 10gp per log, then sells at whatever price I can... And I only sell them cheaply on forums, not like the mass producers/merchanters who do it in thousands and thousands...)

Oak Logs, Normal logs for sale in small amounts of up to 200... just pm me and place an order today!!!

newscapere4.gif