Runescape Jobs

seanite

Are u tired of trying to find a way to make money? Do you want to just be a mindless factory worker? Or would you rather go into the resteraunt biz? Can't seem to find any one who wants to give u a job?

So you go to a building in Fally or Varrock (f2p person speaking don't know about other cities) and you ask an NPC for a job, so they take a look at your skills and show you a list of jobs that you could do, such as running letters to NPC's in different cities if you have a high agility, public transportation for those with high magic (astral magic is necessary), cutting trees for ceratain cities for wc'ing, mining certain rocks for people like Doric, looking after an NPC's farm, making special potions, maybe assisination of macroers (that's my personel favorite), making arrows for the Varrock army, if you have little skill then maybe you could be a waiter/waitress for pubs or resteraunts, cooks could make the food for those resteraunts

So for doing tasks like those not only would u get experience in that skill but you'd also be paid a fair amount for ur work

Public transportation would work by like having a platform full of people that pay to go on and once the platform is ful or a certain amount of time has passed you would teleport everyone to ceratin cities and locations sort of like a bus system

If you do a poor job or log out in the middle of a job then you would lose community points (community points would be earned from completing jobs succesfully and the more you have the better the job and pay you can get)

rule the seas is a cool mmorpg register through here: http://www.ruletheseas.com/index.php?r=50338

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like everything except the waiter thing.....cause i just dont see how that would work.....

my favoriate is the making arrows for the Varrock Army, also mabye you could join the varrock army :D and you get gp for every kill you get (monsters you battle are close to your Cmb lvl.) :)

i could see this happening :) mabye... :? ....i hope....

also, if your a member the mysterious old man gives you "jobs" ive never done them so im not sure what you get :P

untitled6kv7.gif

Maybe a "Community" skill, perhaps? Kinda like the slayer skill where you are given tasks by various NPC's to perform and you gain ranks in Community. As you gain ranks, not only do you get better jobs, but gain access to cool stuff.

Since a lot of Quests are "community service" based, when (if) the skill is added, you automatically get the appropriate experience from each of those quests. As you do the community quests, you get community experience as well as the normal experience.

Interesting idea - I like it, but I think it would need some work.

- Sligo

MySig.jpg

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure you realize tht what you heard is not what I meant.

yeah i was kinda thinking what silgo said.....

like have a RS Job Angancy

and have agents all over the RS world in places where you can do jobs for them for community points that you trade for gp (similer to PC only gp not xp...)

untitled6kv7.gif

i like everything except the waiter thing.....cause i just dont see how that would work.....
I was thinking like a player run resteraunt, people could order stuff, like a pizza or maybe like themed resteraunts (like a fancy resteraunt with stews, brewer's drinks,fish and meat; a takeout place pizzas and stuff like that for the resteraunts and then get people to work there

rule the seas is a cool mmorpg register through here: http://www.ruletheseas.com/index.php?r=50338

Because you're talking about a "Job," the pay would never be as good as merchanting or high-alching. But, depending upon the job, the pay could actually be pretty good.

- Sligo

MySig.jpg

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure you realize tht what you heard is not what I meant.

About the waiter thing, real people could go into player owned restaurants, buy stuff. You will have to cook at least 100 pizzas, 100 bakes potatoes, etc for it to be in stock though. So it has a possiblity to work and of course f2p people have chump change to make they love chump change when their low lvls. It'll make them happy and make us rich! :thumbsup:

ssigmv4.jpg

^^^Thanks to flame_guy3 for this sig^^^

Maybe add a restaurant room to your POH? Hire a kitchen staff, servers, etc. Can't really see how it would make a lot of money, but it might be fun to do.

- Sligo

MySig.jpg

err... people complain about too much inflation, yet devise tons of ways to make more inflation.

In this case, you make arrows for an army that doesnt exsist, so they don't use them. And in return, you get "a fair amount of cash". Uhhhh....

I highly doubt Jagex would do this... they need money sinks (such as PoH), instead of inflation-producers.

Maybe a "Community" skill, perhaps? Kinda like the slayer skill where you are given tasks by various NPC's to perform and you gain ranks in Community. As you gain ranks, not only do you get better jobs, but gain access to cool stuff.

Since a lot of Quests are "community service" based, when (if) the skill is added, you automatically get the appropriate experience from each of those quests. As you do the community quests, you get community experience as well as the normal experience.

Interesting idea - I like it, but I think it would need some work.

- Sligo

omg genious :shock:

soulthresher.png

Think about it though, Jagex will NOT intentionally release an update that allows players to earn money directly from the game in large amounts so you would get petty little rewards like 500gp for 5-10 minutes work.

Also was I hearing correctly in you wanting this to be a F2P update?

inferno_char.png

lol pc can get boring after you do it over...and over and over...and over again!!!

but i wouldnt mind doing that...it would be fun :) (depending on the job:o)

serving out plate after plate after plate... and over again would get boring. go to addicitnggames or miniclip if you wanna do something like that.

my favoriate is the making arrows for the Varrock Army, also mabye you could join the varrock army :D and you get gp for every kill you get (monsters you battle are close to your Cmb lvl.) :)

also, if your a member the mysterious old man gives you "jobs" ive never done them so im not sure what you get :P

No, you should not be able to join...just not worth it..cw *cough*. You get prayer exp and some money is the answer. Alright, when i clicked on this thread, i intended to see like..YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO WORK AT REEUSTERAUTN AND GET 100K PER DAY. No offence, but thats just typically how these job threads work. They're just people who want cash and don't think things through. oddly enough, you've found a great suggestion on how they could do this...using skills. This would obviously have to be p2p, and i'd see the npc you talk to being at the servants guild. I'm not sure i like waiters...you just can't make that work + runescape only hs one real resteraunt..at the grand tree, and public transport i have a few questions about such as is it npc only? If so i guess it'd work..but its a little more sketchy. Here's a version i think would be good. Oh, btw...the community thing..i can slightly see that happening as a skill. It would be like this but the problem is wat could you do to make it so its not like...go like repave the streets of varrock, but not have it intertwine with another skill.

To start a job, go to servants guild and talk to npc..he reviews your skill resume', then hands you a list. The list contains the job and person you'd work for. To start a job, just talk to the person..and he/she would describe it, then discuss your pay. here are some jobs (just some suggestions)

Herblore: As you said: Make special potions for say the witch in rimmington

Construction: I like this one: Repair or build new tree house areas on the grand tree.

Crafting: Build new dummys and archery targets for the varrock gaurds

Mining: Mine some ore for dwarves...somewat to what happened in giant dwarf

Woodcutting: Cut trees obviously for someone

Slayer: Kill off monsters that are harming a town.

Farming: Tend to a farmers crops

Theiving: Steal a certain item from a chest or from pickpocketing someone.

Obviously there would ahve to be some rewards in the terms of experience, cash, or some new items specific to the job. NOT ARMOR.