First pixel charecter, (sp?)

RaggyTramp1

newsiggiels0.gif

I spent 40+ mins on this using paint, havwe i gone overboard on the shading? :-k Post plz!

-Raggy well, I would like to get better at pixelling and to the guy with the big hand sig, so I will head all of your advse so.... i will hopefully get better!

Hitting babies is fun, yay! *Dances* \:D/

Been out of the loop for 2 years, fill me in?

just one thing... Shading basically means that objects are shaded, and shading goes from light-dark = lighter in the middle and darker at the edges.

i like the poisition of right hand anyways.

mini-eerikki.jpeg

runemetsauserbar.jpg

[Star Wreck][PM me][My gallery][DeviantArt][Cool T-shirts!]

[iron Sky - Trailer is now out!]

How Can I do That? i dont use pain i use paint . net for the shades

I kinda started with the d long then the arm then i noticed i shaded the arm and i was like oh heck.. but i carried on, andoriginally the d long was upto his neck

- Raggeh

Hitting babies is fun, yay! *Dances* \:D/

Been out of the loop for 2 years, fill me in?

just one thing... Shading basically means that objects are shaded, and shading goes from light-dark = lighter in the middle and darker at the edges.

just wanted to say thats not trew, It all depends on the placement of the light altough if the light commes from begind u are mostly a silouet if there isn't light comming from infort of u as well...

don't believe look at this here

the problems is he pillow shades ...

the pixel has no texture

no clean lines

no anatomy

no good shading

no background

and i can't believe u spend 40 minutes on this ...

whatcw4.giflol3qy2.png

please dont lie in the titles, ok its not the worst, but still.

work on your linework, draw in real life thats a good way, when drawing the linewrk use the line tool not the pencil, when shading DONT i repeat DONT use pillow shading it ruins the shape, look at how light falls of various objects in reallife, dont look at other artists work, its full of mistakes i know mine is and well, im not a pixel noob, ive been doing pixel for 2 years. listen to the advice experianced people give you, dont look at postcount that proves nothing.

anatamny (sp?) arms halfway down whole body, legs 1.6times the size of the torso, torso about 3/4 times bigger than the head, but im not to sure about that. that said the anatamny isnt to bad.

you havnt dont anough shading if anything, dont use many colour shading, use 2 or 3 to start with them use more as you get better (im on to 5 colours started on 2) if your going to go for no lines do it all over (the left hand) however if your starting i sugest keeping the black lines, dont rush ahead of yourself.

40 mins isnt very long when i make an avvy it take an hour or 2, generaly just over an hour. and thats an avvy, mind you what you did doesnt have a bg, that isnt to big a problem but, um, yeah.

keep practising, both in paint and on paper.

PJB21

sigpjb2101sigdy6.png

100% my own work, i make my own brushes: set 1 set 2

just wanted to say thats not trew, It all depends on the placement of the light altough if the light commes from begind u are mostly a silouet if there isn't light comming from infort of u as well...

don't believe look at this here

the problems is he pillow shades ...

the pixel has no texture

no clean lines

no anatomy

no good shading

no background

and i can't believe u spend 40 minutes on this ...

he didnt shade at all, he just done light coloured linework and paintbucketed inside em with darker colours

please dont lie in the titles, ok its not the worst, but still.

work on your linework, draw in real life thats a good way, when drawing the linewrk use the line tool not the pencil, when shading DONT i repeat DONT use pillow shading it ruins the shape, look at how light falls of various objects in reallife, dont look at other artists work, its full of mistakes i know mine is and well, im not a pixel noob, ive been doing pixel for 2 years. listen to the advice experianced people give you, dont look at postcount that proves nothing.

anatomy (sp?) arms halfway down whole body, legs 1.6times the size of the torso, torso about 3/4 times bigger than the head, but im not to sure about that. that said the anatamny isnt to bad.

you havnt dont anough shading if anything, dont use many colour shading, use 2 or 3 to start with them use more as you get better (im on to 5 colours started on 2) if your going to go for no lines do it all over (the left hand) however if your starting i sugest keeping the black lines, dont rush ahead of yourself.

40 mins isnt very long when i make an avvy it take an hour or 2, generaly just over an hour. and thats an avvy, mind you what you did doesnt have a bg, that isnt to big a problem but, um, yeah.

keep practising, both in paint and on paper.

PJB21

if u measure someones head then fit it into their body down to their feet, the average guy has 6.5 to 7.5 heads in his body.