Certain topics loading particularly slowly

• 2 weeks later...

I'm beginning to wonder if the tip.it forum database is far too big. :(

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

That thread's loading really slowly for me right now too. It seems the whole forum's kind of lagging, but that one especially just won't load.

It's the same for me, but not nearly as bad as it was two weeks ago.

summerpngwy6.jpg

I'm beginning to wonder if the tip.it forum database is far too big. :(

~Mr. Devnull

Nah, phpbb can handle much larger ones - see http://rankings.big-boards.com/?sort=po ... ,all&p=all

Those are a lot of posts on those other boards. :P But, can spam in those be cleaned out? :? That is what I am aiming at...

From what I've heard so far from the Tip.It's Mods and Admins (And I'm glad they told me... :) ...) through the IRC chat while I was logged in with the Java App, trying to clean out single bad posts on large (30+ pages) threads has become impossible due to problems with timeouts occurring while trying to send the commands to deal with the post in the thread. Admittedly, I wonder if this only affects just some of them and others don't have this problem. :-k Maybe Albosky can give us the low-down on this? :-s

As I was getting at before, I suspect this is directly linked to the size of the forums database file overall, and therefore a lot of the posts might have to be switched to an archival database file that would be read-only to deal with the problem. I've realized that there's having to consider the number of logged-in users at any given time, constantly accessing the single database file, which produces an annoying amount of server load and database queries. Then there's all the new posts flying in. Then the private messages and report messages...

Ouch. My head is spinning now. #-o ***heads off to relax***

~Mr. Devnull

(p.s.: Nice voice intended, not a rude one... please, don't ask why I am making note of this...)

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)