Opinions on Iran policy-wise

chris1216

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe this never ends thats fine im getting more enjoyment out of this than the game itself....

Did we start that war? ... No

Were Japan and Germany trying to develop nukes? .... yes

Would they have readily used them on us? ..... yes

We actually cut down the number of casualties that would have resulted from the final invasion into Japan saving many more than the lives lost in the two nuclear weapons dropped in japan killed.... Yes even the Japanese casualties that would have resulted.

Have we used the nukes since then? .... no

At that point in time it was them or us. A concept blurred by the spread of nuclear weapons which could be a good thing but certainly not if the weapons fall into the hands of terrorists and why should we expect nothing less than Iran to give them to the terrorists? They did supply hezbollah long range rockets to fire at israel even a few soldiers to show them how to use them.

To bad most of them were civilians then...

And don't say "its war anything goes" ever heard of the geneva convention?

During the balkan wars in the 90's, Serbian soldiers would mass-exterminate male civilians even aged 5, they would rip out a pregnant mother's stomach and make the mother murder her own child. Do you really think that in a pathologically heinous world like ours people in real situations give a damn about international law?

It's quite the same thing as Israeli mathematicians calculating how many civilians killed per terrorist is an acceptable amount (recently coming up roughly with the number 3 on a newspaper but I can't find a link online). I'll tell you: Not even 1 death of an innocent child is acceptable. THAT if anything should be a war crime.

Not only that, but if you go and try to kill "terrorists", definitely don't do it the "israel" way. They killed what, 50, 100 Hizbollah soldiers? 1,300+ civilians+ a few UN observers?

When you must wage a war where women and children take the heaviest casualties in order to "protect your country", you know your military leaders have f* up really bad, and recently they have begun admitting too.

Ahmidenijad want's a nuclear weapon no matter what anyone says

... How did you come up with this? Neither Iran nor Mahmoud Ahmadinejad have *ever* expressed interests to obtain nuclear weapons. As of recent they have even been letting the IAEA inspectors inspect their power plants and Ahmadinejad even challenged Bush to a TV debate (ridiculous, knowing that Bush in a real debate situation without lines of text being fed to his mouth would most likely stumble with his words)

The nuclear project has massive popular support in Iran, allowing them to produce nuclear energy and thus = consume less oil which they can sell for even more profit. The program has been all the time about energy production. It's only suspected they could use plutonium to build nuclear weapons, there is absolutely no proof of this as of yet.

The biggest suspicions were launched when president Ahmadinejad was speaking to a crowd of 1,000's of students in the university of Teheran about the necessity to "wipe out Israel from the world map".

I haven't read through all the pages of talking and debate. So here is my view. Iran want's to wipe Israel off the face of the Earth. They also invision a world without the West, the United States. Ahmidenijad want's a nuclear weapon no matter what anyone says, and if he uses it he is therefore violating the Nuclear Non-Polifieration Act. Tehran, the capital, also supports terrorism. With all of these factors, something must be done. He may turn out to be another Hitler. Get rid of all the Jews, does that sound familar, and considering no one took Hitler seriously, we really need to watch Ahmedenijad. President Bush must talk to the citizens of America and Iran, and call for a regime change. It is most likely the only other way. Personally, Iraq was to spread democracy, and get rid of the "Axis of Evil" that included Saddam, and still is Kim Jong Il of North Korea, and Iran. As seeing this hasn't done much good. We best not invade Iraq, seeing that we don't have near the amount of resources and Iranian people don't want boots on the ground in their country. If the U.N. which is basically pointless, imposes sanctions upon Iran, it will spark an all out hate for the U.S. worse than it already is. We must call for a regime change, otherwise we may as well say hello WWIII. And who will be on our side then, considering Russia and China, both are friends with Iran. Only time will tell.

There's only one problem I see with your view:

It is completely ridiculous.

I'm sorry, but Bush calling for a regime change isn't going to happen. If India called on the United States to have a regime change, do you think anyone would really care? Besides, India and us have a stable relationship. How about if Afghanistan called on the US to have a regime change. I mean, that's ridiculous.

At least you agree the UN is worthless, but this could seriously erupt into World War III. The comparison to Hitler was interesting since they have similar idealogies, but there's a slight difference of power. Hitler HAD power whereas Iran has leverage. Big difference even though the outcome can remain the same.

Anyway, just thought I'd point that out.

I'm currently transitioning from a Wizard to a Mage and a Priest to an Archpriest. Lol both are nonexistant in the top 25. Hopefully I can change that. :D

If there is any country deserving of our attention in the "war on terra" it is Pakistan. Forget about Iran...Pakistan is where Al Queda and the Taliban got lots of support and probably continues to get support.

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca, Stoic philosopher 4BC - 65CE

If there is any country deserving of our attention in the "war on terra" it is Pakistan. Forget about Iran...Pakistan is where Al Queda and the Taliban got lots of support and probably continues to get support.

Pakistan is also the country that has helped us catch more terrorists than any other nation besides Israel (in the Middle East) on the War on Terror. If you go after anyone, go after the new-and-updated Axis of Evil:

1. Iran

2. North Korea

3. Syria

Although North Korea has communist terrorists, not Islamic terrorists, so don't be confused by the word "terrorist." They're quite different.

I'm currently transitioning from a Wizard to a Mage and a Priest to an Archpriest. Lol both are nonexistant in the top 25. Hopefully I can change that. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Just one last thing to ponder. Before the U.S. involvement in World War II, 95% of Americans didn't think we should invade Germany. They didn't want to. What would have happened if we hadn't entered. Apply this to the situation now. For all the people who want to be best friends forever with Iran.

I really don't want to comment onthe other part but...I found this paragraph completely irrelivant.

Just because it happened once doesn't mean we can assume it will happen again. You cant base your thoughts on the fact that it happened in the past. You cannot apply that into the situation today because it's not the same situation. The circumstances are not the same.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

Well for the people that say that iran wants to blow israel off the map, why would they do that? The U.S. has more than enough bombs to turn iran into a gaint crater. Attacking Israel would be complete suicide.

Dagannoth Slayer

signaturegm1.png

I haven't read through all the pages of talking and debate. So here is my view. Iran want's to wipe Israel off the face of the Earth. They also invision a world without the West, the United States. Ahmidenijad want's a nuclear weapon no matter what anyone says, and if he uses it he is therefore violating the Nuclear Non-Polifieration Act. Tehran, the capital, also supports terrorism. With all of these factors, something must be done. He may turn out to be another Hitler. Get rid of all the Jews, does that sound familar, and considering no one took Hitler seriously, we really need to watch Ahmedenijad. President Bush must talk to the citizens of America and Iran, and call for a regime change. It is most likely the only other way. Personally, Iraq was to spread democracy, and get rid of the "Axis of Evil" that included Saddam, and still is Kim Jong Il of North Korea, and Iran. As seeing this hasn't done much good. We best not invade Iran, seeing that we don't have near the amount of resources and Iranian people don't want boots on the ground in their country. If the U.N. which is basically pointless, imposes sanctions upon Iran, it will spark an all out hate for the U.S. worse than it already is. We must call for a regime change, otherwise we may as well say hello WWIII. And who will be on our side then, considering Russia and China, both are friends with Iran. Only time will tell.

Now that was a well-thought out post.

Yes, we can not invade N.Korea or Iran, because unlike Iraq they do not want US troops on thier soil. Saddam did not have the support of his people, but look at what that war has cost us! Imagine marching into a nation where the people are fanatical zealots of the government! N. Korea and Iran are wars that the US does not want to fight.

It is all up to the perfew of the diplomats.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley