Multilingual Area

I was just thinking, since RuneScape has expanded what would the chances of having a simple RuneScape Chat forum added for perhaps the two most spoken languages. Perhaps a poll to see?

I thought it might be cool and interesting since not all RuneScape players speak English o.0

If this has been suggested already I'm very sorry! I searched a few days ago and didn't find anything. :shock:

Anyhow, thanks!

Legend%20Gaara.jpeg

Legendary F2P Skiller

I meant to respond to this but haven't had time. I don't think it is a bad idea but something to keep in mind - we would need staff to watch over the boards who speak the language. That would probably be the only obstacle I see. And to decide what boards would be created for the two most spoken languages, I think a poll would have to be made - agreed there.

We could investigate it a bit more and see what people vote (and how many people would participate) and then from there, look into staffing options?

sithbridgeay2.jpg

Yeah, I was thinking about that when I posted; with the whole moderator things. I'm sure that we can find atleast a Dutch and English player who is actually worthy of it. For other languages I am not sure. I have also noticed French, Spanish, Russian and other European languages are becoming more common as the game progresses.

Possible Option for poll :idea:

Legend%20Gaara.jpeg

Legendary F2P Skiller

It's a very good idea, as most people do not speak English. Also, as The_Sith said, they would need mods that spoke that language. The only problem is that Tip.It will have to find this people, look at their Tip.It record (somewhat), make sure they're worthy of being a moderator, AND make sure they actually do speak that language.

It's a GREAT idea, but with any suggestion there is always a open side that must be covered. "Every action also has a a reaction."

~Rcty

Rcty

Yeah, and we need a way to make sure they do not use translators to cheat to get moderator status. :?

Thanks for the support, I greatly appreciate.

Do you want time to think, or shall a poll be created shortly?

Any suggested languages other than dutch. I know Asian languages are rare mostly because (nerd style) the language for unicode cannot be set on Asian languages or the Java won't work. Took me a bit to figure that out ^^.

Dutch

French

Spanish

Legend%20Gaara.jpeg

Legendary F2P Skiller

I seem to encounter substantial numbers of Swedish and Norwegian players, myself. (I think we already have mods from both countries).

Since Jagex placed a number of servers in Stockholm, I'd guess they've noted a trend there also.

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

• 4 weeks later...