3d sword [U]

remoteman

G'day Folk

I've had C4d for a couple of weeks now, and i've just been mucking around. Came up with this, i didn't follow any tuts or anything.

First off:

sword-top.jpg

Update1: smoothed out most of the polygons, added a centre groove and the pommel stone. Need to fix the stone, make it look more imbedded into the haft.

swordnew1tz8.jpg

swordnew3ih7.jpg

Any Crits?

Splatter-RM-stroke.png

"A disbelief in magic can force some poor souls into believing in authority and business"

Not to be rude, but its TOO basic in my opinion...

Something like that can be accomplised in photoshop with the shape tool + gradient.

Keep it up though, its a good start.

--Next time maby make something more detailed? make the sword model bigger... add some incrested jewels or ornamental things.

--another note - this render is REALLY small so the blade, on my screen anyway, looks flat, maby make a bigger render/picture?

-goodluck.

It's not bad for starters ;)

It does look rather flat and the hilt looks quite square. I would suggest working on the shape. Defining your blade and hilt area more. Also, working on the materials will help the looks of it.

The sword I use in my sig was created in Photoshop but you can see from it how I tried to texture the blade and give dimension to the shape.

Good Luck with it and keep at it.

~Alduron

swordsig16zk.gif

Your sig keeps blinking, im trying to see lol :lol:

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

yer sure, i used defaults materials with the handle and i don't know how to add texture :oops:. i wanted to add some sort of inlay into the blade, but i don't know how i would go about it.. :? thx for the crits though. I'm gonna go have alook around for some tuts.

Splatter-RM-stroke.png

"A disbelief in magic can force some poor souls into believing in authority and business"

Update, i've smoothed out most things, and added the groove to the centre. I was thinking of having a claw or something comming out of the end of the handle and clasping the pommel stone, as it looks stupid atm.

Splatter-RM-stroke.png