New transmission price?

shadow_Fox99

I bought this jeep for 2,500$. After driving it for a month the transmission blew out. The year of the jeep is 88.

Im wondering how much it would cost for me to get buy a new transmission and labor cost for someone to fix it?

I was talking to some friends and they said it might cost more then what you paid for the jeep and its not worth it. Other then that do you have any other ideas what I should do with the jeep if im not going to buy a new or used transmission?

Im not to sure if the picture is loading for every one. Some times I have to click refresh a few times to make it come.

jeepsizejg7.th.jpg

sig3ya5.jpg

First place Winner of Nick 6464 F2P custom contest.

Transmissions are not cheap. It might total your vehicle.

I had a 94 Saturn that I loved dearly, but it racked up over $6000 worth of repairs, and was only worth $3000. I had to sell it for less than $1000, but my dad bought a new car and gave me his old one.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Its a 5 speed manual. And at first we might of thought it was just the clutch that went out. And my dad's friend agreed as long as we bought a new clutch he would spend a few days teaching my dad how to put a new clutch in and fixing the jeep. Plus the clutch was onlying going to cost me 200$. Not to bad I guess... but, yes it was alot of money to my $5.90 a hour. But then thats where we found out it was the transmission that went out and not the clutch....

ARGG!!!

sig3ya5.jpg

Yeah, We did alot of crusien up and down main street with it. GREAT times.

I was just about to put a system in it to... and i never got the chance to go mudding in it either. Thoes were 2 things I was planning on doing all summer.

Still the best time was when I went cruisen with 3 girls from school in it. Thank god I knew how to drive stick really good. lol, would not of wanted to killed it in the middle of an interstion with 3 girls from school in it.

sig3ya5.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/88-UP-Je ... enameZWDVW

For example.

Yea, not too cheap. Plus labor, which I'm sure they'll take out of your rear end (and not that of your car, either! ;)) will probably make it go up to $1,000 or so.

Have insurance? Can always total it and buy something else, I guess... :wall:

Cool Jeep though. I couldn't get the bigger sized picture to work but it looked like it was in good condition.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

I never got why people by Jeeps, 4x4s and other cars made for off-road or heavy activities, if all they're going to do is use it on main roads or pick up their kids from school. It gets on my shingles a bit, I guess.

You've got to be some sort of idiot if you don't realise that buying a 4x4 makes you better than everyone else...

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

I never got why people by Jeeps, 4x4s and other cars made for off-road or heavy activities, if all they're going to do is use it on main roads or pick up their kids from school. It gets on my shingles a bit, I guess.

You've got to be some sort of idiot if you don't realise that buying a 4x4 makes you better than everyone else...

lol, true to that.

sig3ya5.jpg