'Helper' Status

Recently questions have been flooding into the General forum again. Last time this was due to not enough forum users visiting the Help and Advice forum.

A solution to this may be having certain users being given a legend status, i.e. their name in a colour, and having those people designated as 'Helpers' If a person needs a question answering urgently, they can PM any helper that is online to get a quick response.

Helpers would be selected by Admins as being trustworthy players who have a decent knowledge of the game.

99/99 Fletching, 99/99 Cooking, 96/99 Strength

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

I don't really feel it's necessary to have subcommittee after subcommittee here on the forums. The current "special" groups should suffice. A brief glance at the Help and Advice forum shows me that at least 10 posts have been replied to in the last hour, which leads me to believe that it's not the lack of users visiting, but an impatience and/or ignorance on the part of the person seeking help, who can't wait for a reply or just posted on the first forum s/he saw without checking to see if there existed one already suitable for his/her needs.

I don't really feel it's necessary to have subcommittee after subcommittee here on the forums. The current "special" groups should suffice. A brief glance at the Help and Advice forum shows me that at least 10 posts have been replied to in the last hour, which leads me to believe that it's not the lack of users visiting, but an impatience and/or ignorance on the part of the person seeking help, who can't wait for a reply or just posted on the first forum s/he saw without checking to see if there existed one already suitable for his/her needs.

Exactly. It's not because there aren't enough people frequenting Help and Advice ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ã

cescsig.jpg

And beyond that, wouldn't that give a bad message to new posters? People should answer questions because they want to help. Not to get some 'status.' Not that I don't believe that your idea is impossible to implement. It could work, I'm just playing devil's advocate.

I shudder to think how many pms those users would get. Not to say it's a bad idea, it's just that H&A works fairly well believe it or not. H&A's main problem is that the people asking the questions aren't doing their part. Not to be mean but a vast majority of questions can be answered by going to the proper page on the main site, which I often do myself to answer some questions there. Too many people want to be spoon-fed the answers and can't be bothered to look something up. Posting in general just helps them get spoon-fed faster.

tallest.jpeg

571st to 99 Fm Nov. 4 '06 - 315th to 99 Crafting Mar. 3 '07 - 3410th to 99 Fishing Sept. 18 '07

26378th to 99 Cooking Oct. 16 '07 -.- 99 Thieving Dec. 29 '07 - 1343rd to 99 Farming June 5 '08

1807th to 99 Agility Nov. 8 '08 - 3094th to 99 Smithing Feb. 14 '09

2012 total - 91 combat

Well the biggest problem with this idea is how can we verify these helpers are giving accurate information? They may help a lot, but may or may not be giving out the right info, so can't risk giving such status to people that may misinform hundreds.

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art