Buying a Thieving Sign [Winner Announced!]

EugenyG

Good day, great artists, sketchers, modellers and painters. I am buying a Thieving-based signature for Scapeboard.

REQUIREMENTS:

- Thieving (RuneScape thieving of course) based.

- Can either have specifics (pickpocket, lockpick, etc), or abstract, as long as it gets across the point.

- Size 300x150 or close to it. No miniature signs. Must fit Scapeboard limits though.

- Can be animated or not, pixel or photoshop, 2D or 3D, anything really, as long as it's good and puts the point across.

- Should have my RSN (EugenyG), and thieving level+ (currently 84).

- I don't demand photorealism or extreme professionalism, but it should look reasonably good. Please no novices. If it's a pixel sign you should really know what you are doing. No bad-taste photoshop blends either please.

- Must be original. Absolutely no plagiarism from other games or graphics. You may take images from Runescape, but I would suggest not, as it usually doesn't look good IMO.

PAYMENT & CONDITIONS:

- Payment: General estimate 100-300K, based on my rating of the sign. I may pay more if it's exceptionally well done.

- If purchased, you must send me the source files if multilayer (.psd or whatever you use), or if single-layer, send me a version with no thieving level on - so I can edit it myself as I progress.

- For preview, I expect a complete sign with a [sample] on it, or other graphics which would make it unusable, but not too intrusive as to rate the sign.

- I only pay if I decide to buy the sign. After the payment you will send me the non-sample image, as well as the source.

- I will likely only buy one sign. I reserve the right not to buy any signs if I don't like any submission.

- If your sig didn't win, you have the full right to edit it and/or resell it to someone else.

TIMEFRAME:

A week, starting now. The deadline, at which signs will be evaluated and a decision made: Friday, October 1st. If you finish a sign earlier, I recommend posting it, as then I will have a chance to comment on what may need change before the deadline.

Good luck everyone!

UPDATE, OCTOBER 1ST, 2004:

The contest is over!

The winner is _PoseidoN_ with this awesome sig:

eugenygsig5.gif

And the prize is 450K!

Poseidon, contact me in-game to receive payment and information on where to send the source.

Thanks to everyone participating!

Live free or die. First option is exhausted, so guess what remains?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dark - Unfortunately we are on different pages here. :P

Eric - I kinda like the style, but it's too small and is not thieving-enough.

Snipasboy - Not bad start, but I'm looking for a better quality, and of more relation to RS.

I'm very glad to have this project boosted though. Looking for more entries.

here is my try...

eugenygsig1.gif

changes can be made. ;)

I like this. A really nice start. Rate it at 225K as is.

For further improvement of sig and value:

- What's the faded image in the background? Is this some kind of man? Unfortunately it's too transparent to see. I know you tried to make it not obstruct the main view, but it's just too bleak right now. Maybe make it a bit more noticable; if nessecary, move the front two guys left.

- Who am I thieving? Just a man? Pfft. Make it look like a hero or a paladin. Since neither heroes nor paladins wear helmets, all you'll need to do is put armor over the body (steel for paladin, rune for hero) (ideally with the Adrougne cross so they are recognizable) and make the hair a bit more blonde.

- I don't like the fact I'm somewhere in the middle of nowhere. Perhaps you can make it resemle Adrounge Market? (perhaps the correct floor texture, a few stalls and/or merchants, and a castle in the background with the Adrounge banner should do the trick).

Overall I really like the potential in the sig, and I'm willing to pay a lot more if the above requests are fullfilled.

Hm, I thought you purposefully embedded some old man in the faded background. Here is what I noticed:

face9.jpg

If it was just a random effect it's ok. Although I really liked the way it looked like a man. :)

As for the Adrougne market:

Market Stall [1]

Market Stall [2]

Adrougne Castle [1]

Adrougne Castle [2]

Hope this helps.

phew! after 3 more hrs of work...

eugenygsig3.gif

Wow, this is getting good.

I'd still like the guy in red to look like a hero or paladin though. It shouldn't take much work, just have him have rune armor and it'll do the job.

The castle needs a bit of work.You could add a second floor, or towers, or cannons perhaps to the castle. It would be nice, if, as in the screenshots, it had the columns and/or staircase in front of it. As well, could you modify the red banners to look either like the gerald of Kandarin (two white chevrons on a red background), or a gerald of Ardougne (one white chevron in the lower part of a blue background). Both of these geralds are visible from the screenshot I gave you.

Finally, some minor things: Can you make the EUGENYG and 84+ thieving... not black but either white or light grey... They are just too dark as are. Oh and the Ardougne gem trader doesn't have dragonstones, change the purple stone to blue or green please. :)

Other then that, the sig is excellent. I rate it at 350K so far, and if you finish the requests, it'll be a 400-450K.