Guide to Everything Fletching (AOW Discussion) ~Updated!

Karmastocracy

The Culinomancer's Bank can be used as well. :3

Quest Cape Achieved February 14, 2007. -Not Maintained-

1700+ Skill Total July 15, 2009

All Skills 60+ - July 26, 2009

Drops: dragon - medx8, spearx1 ;; 3rd - helmx1 ;; barrows - dhaxex1, gspearx1, dhhelmx1

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Acually I forget the place topic that shows you what requierments you need to a Aow guide, if anyone could post it here I would be gratefull. :)

The Culinomancer's Bank can be used as well. :3
Ah yes, I forgot about that, and it's added to the guide. :wink: Thanks everyone for the comments! :P

Guide to Everything Fletching XBL: Karmastocracy

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

* Sits on a mossy rock with a notebook in hand, observing the behavior of the specimens dubbed "Fanboys"

~

"Even when the odds are against you, even when the chance of victory is bleak and your situation looks hopeless, take a look at the horizon, and think back to what you have learned. You'll be filled with the confidence to take on the world."

This is by far the best guide ive ever read. VERY VERY VERY nice.

+1

Maybe you could add that some general stores have huge masses of willows for 13 gp (i think) each because autoers usually sell there. I'm not sure if this is in member worlds, but this would save a lot of money if you buy your way there since it'd only be around 5 gp each willow log (if you sell back for 8 after you fletch it). But I could be wrong on the numbers...

awesome. its perfect!!! 10.5/5 (don't ask)

:shock: This is such a good guide.

I mean not good but the best guide I have seen in a long time.

10/10

How you get in to the A.O.W :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

nice comprehensive guide, makes it seem easier and more fun than usual.

Thank you all for the compliments, and good luck with your fletching! :)

As for the general store buying-fletching-selling technique, thanks for the tip. You are the second person to have mentioned it, and I have decided to add that in on my next update. :P

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

* Sits on a mossy rock with a notebook in hand, observing the behavior of the specimens dubbed "Fanboys"

~

"Even when the odds are against you, even when the chance of victory is bleak and your situation looks hopeless, take a look at the horizon, and think back to what you have learned. You'll be filled with the confidence to take on the world."

very nice yo, im currently 88 but u said exactl the way to go, but u need to change some prices, like bs is 170-200, u can buy in small quantities for 150 if really lucky, and yews are about 290-310, yew longs sell mostly all the time 540-550

very nice yo, im currently 88 but u said exactl the way to go, but u need to change some prices, like bs is 170-200, u can buy in small quantities for 150 if really lucky, and yews are about 290-310, yew longs sell mostly all the time 540-550
Thanks for the compliments, and here are my comments about my prices.

~On the Bs the prices can change daily. One day you will see them at the lowest price going for 160-170, on other days the prices will be going from 150-170.

~For the yews, I have never bought them over 240 each. Although you can much easier buy them in the 250-300 range, it is very possible to buy them for even 230-240. I have explained most of this throughout my guide.

~And finally, about the yew longbows. This is what I have said in my guide "Yew longbows (s)- 525-575gp <--(Might not be entirely accurate)". I may point out the (Might not be entirely accurate) in there, but you did suggest they are usually 540-550. Again the prices can be slightly erratic, but what I have posted covers the prices a bit more than the ones you have suggested.*

~-----~

Finally, I would like to say that this may be a guide, but the prices are purely guidelines. You should take the information gained from this guide, and adopt your own way, experment a little! Also I may point out that prices do change, and they can change pretty quickly.

*I am working on however, a new update that will clarify the prices a little bit better, and I appreciate your help in pointing those things out. :wink:

And remember everyone, if you post, I will try to reply to your post personally! :P

And Warned, It does feel good to be the minority :) .

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

~

Anytime, and one more suggestion for level (50, but not recommended)55-70. At 55, you can make Maple Longbows, and would you look at that - Kingdom of Miscellania provides Maple Logs and Flax. What I do is I have about ~125k in the coffers and keep it at 100% everyday. Once a day or whenever I go collect 'em, craft nats, and alch 'em, and put the money back in the coffers. When I can craft Yew Long's, I'll take all the profit outta the coffers. ^_^;

It may not be the best way, but it's a nice cheap way. ^_^;

[Note]

Quest Cape Achieved February 14, 2007. -Not Maintained-

1700+ Skill Total July 15, 2009

All Skills 60+ - July 26, 2009

Drops: dragon - medx8, spearx1 ;; 3rd - helmx1 ;; barrows - dhaxex1, gspearx1, dhhelmx1

Anytime, and one more suggestion for level (50, but not recommended)55-70. At 55, you can make Maple Longbows, and would you look at that - Kingdom of Miscellania provides Maple Logs and Flax. What I do is I have about ~125k in the coffers and keep it at 100% everyday. Once a day or whenever I go collect 'em, craft nats, and alch 'em, and put the money back in the coffers. When I can craft Yew Long's, I'll take all the profit outta the coffers. ^_^;

It may not be the best way, but it's a nice cheap way. ^_^;

[Note]

I have heard many good things about using Manage Thy Kingdom, and that's why I mentioned that that is one way you could collect some resources but... I really don't have just about any personal experience in using that (Yes, I have done the quests, but I just haven't tried it.) so I don't feel very comfortable putting it in the guide =\.

Well written guide.. Expect there aren't very many things most people don't know.. :lol:
Acually, you would be very suprised. For example, today I walked into seer's bank and I saw at least 3 people who were stringing there! Also a lot of people string very slowely just because they don't know any better techniques. And most people also don't calculate the great amount of xp & money gain you can get my fletching yew bows/alching from buying all seperate ingredients.

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

~

I hate to make another double post, but if any moderators could respond to my messages, or in any could even post on here to keep me updated? So far no moderator has responded yet. :|

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

~

high impact, u rule so much. using your guide i bought willows 30 ea and got lots of it back from charter ships. i also used the 23rd slot for very fast selling, and tonight, i am only 30k exp from 70 fletching with 1k willows left in my bank! EDIT: I GOT THE LEVEL!!

You can alch your bows and make money at the same time? You've got to show me how! :shock:
if u buy yew logs 250 each and make yew longs (u) then buy bowstrings for 180 ea thats 430 gp so far. then u buy nature runes for 310 each for a 740 gp total. yew longbows high alch for 760 gp

If you buy yew logs at 250gp each, and make yew longs (u), then buy bowstrings for 180gp each, thats 430gp so far. Then you buy nature runes for 310gp each, for a 740gp total. Then you can High Alch the yew longbows for 760 gp!

Well you pretty much summed it up for me! Run4runes, Im glad you've hit your goal! :P

Now time for 85! 8-)

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

~

hey man gr8 guide.. one thing tho. alching 1k longs gives u 65k magic exp not 55k =D>
~Fixed

Thanks for that, didn't catch that! :)

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

~

This guide has been officially Archive of Wisdom'ed! :P

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

~

woah i've read this guide like 4 or 5 times and every time i read it i want to get my fletching up more, but thus have not started yet because i shallst wait until do some extreme powerfletching from 65 - 85.

Tbhyespl0x.jpg

i wouldn't personally cut willows at draynor.There are to many people there so i cut my willows at the barb outpost :-$ there is no one there and ITS IS THE SAME DISTANCE TO THE BANK(in this case the deposit box)EDIT*O yeah i forgot once you pick the flax i would recomend(sp?) that if you are goin to spin them do it in lumbridge castle which is way closer than in seers

Dude, you're an idiot #-o
Dude, your feeble attempt at an insult is hilarious.

... You can tell JAGeX is British - No common sense. :notalk:
Supportmage:Quick Robin,to the roflcopter!

woah i've read this guide like 4 or 5 times and every time i read it i want to get my fletching up more, but thus have not started yet because i shallst wait until do some extreme powerfletching from 65 - 85.
Im very happy to have inspired you to continue working on this skill, and I think that you might find This is a nice small guide to help teach you the finer points in Powerfletching. It has 1-2 other ways to powerfletch that my guide doesn't mention. :P

i wouldn't personally cut willows at draynor.There are to many people there so i cut my willows at the barb outpost :-$ there is no one there and ITS IS THE SAME DISTANCE TO THE BANK(in this case the deposit box)EDIT*O yeah i forgot once you pick the flax i would recomend(sp?) that if you are goin to spin them do it in lumbridge castle which is way closer than in seers
Thank you very much for the information. I will be sure to include this in a new update I am planning for my guide!

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

~

I now a faster method for stringing.. I'll try and get some pics and stuff..

First make your inventory look like this:

68155293tg9.png

Then click the bow next to the knife:

45638820tr2.png

Double-click the string next to, then double-click the bow.

87937049qk9.png

Do this over and over until your bows are stringed.

98552537nr0.png

Open bank and withdraw strings. Then put your bows in and take (u)'s out.

80209348lj6.png

Do again:

68155293tg9.png

Hope this helps! :D

20477083.gif

[Whip drops: 13]

I now a faster method for stringing.. I'll try and get some pics and stuff..

First make your inventory look like this:

68155293tg9.png

Then click the bow next to the knife:

45638820tr2.png

Double-click the string next to, then double-click the bow.

87937049qk9.png

Do this over and over until your bows are stringed.

98552537nr0.png

Open bank and withdraw strings. Then put your bows in and take (u)'s out.

80209348lj6.png

Do again:

68155293tg9.png

This is the method that i use for some things.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

Ah yes, perfect! It does help, but do I have permission to use your pictures? I will of course, give you credit. :)

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

~