128 single channel ram

1.51 gig hdd.

eithernet addapter

NO USB

what looks like onboard sound

probally onboard video

running windows xp pro

:boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

i want to put windows me on it, because we don't have the xp pro disk,and windows me came first so it would make sense if it had lower running requirements. do you think that if i installed ME on it that it would be capeable of running exel, and using mediaplayer to play mp3 cds. would i have to overclock by a signigicant ammount?

My dad wants to have this on his desk at work.

If you can obtain a copy of Windows 2000 that would be a better option for that computer. I wouldn't bother trying to run Windows XP on it, it would run, but it's just too old to hold any reliability.

Otherwise I don't see too much of a problem running Windows ME on it. I wouldn't want to try to connect it to the internet though, it would just totally die. Windows ME will do your basis office work and music playing though for a simple home desktop.

Might want to look at saving some money and buying a new cheap computer from a place like Dell or HP though in the future.

Omg, xp can seriously run on that?

Well I would advise against Windows ME for sure, that is the worst OS I have ever seen in my entire life, it had more glitchs, errors, and random crashs then any other OS, ever.

If you want to experiment, I would go with Linux.

Ok, for one, your computer cannot run windows xp with your system you have. You can check here and it will tell you what the minimum system requirements for Windows XP Pro. If your computer is running Windows XP Pro with that computer seriously, then it must lagg like heck.

You should be able to run Windows ME on that system though. You can check here to make sure. But if I were you and that computer will run Windows XP Pro, then it is kind of stupid to downgrade your comptuer to Windows Me aka Windows Millennium.

Thanks

Cyber_Demon12

Try running it on linux. If it doesent work, convert back to 98

i second the linux part, but if you cant get it to work then use windows 2000 one of the best windows os'

a91e22ec.gif
Aefx(started 11/1/2002) Cb: 200 TS: 1900+
Bmms--Jr(Started on 1/24/06)(Banned 11/13/09 ) Cb: 119(pre-eoc) TS: 1700+
Bmms(Started 8/?/2001)(Banned 1/24/06 ) Cb: 101(pre-eoc) TS: 1350+

• 2 weeks later...