Best Stradegy for making sig's?

YaYap69

I'm wondering, I just did tutorials for the past month and I am not really sure how to make sig's from scratch. Do you start with 'Filters' or...? Can some kick-[wagon] sig makers help share some of their stradegy with me, that would be greatly appreciated :D .

Thanks- YaYap

I cant speak for other, but I use 4/5 brushing skills when making a sig, I hardly rely on filters.

Go do a google search on "photoshop brush packs" and get yourself some brushes.

I dont think I could really explain, its a trial and error type thing. Start with a solid color for a backround, throw in some brush strokes, blur them or blend or filter however you likes, throw in more. Just EXPERIMENT and that is the best teacher :wink:

GL dude :D :wink:

If it isn't in your veins, you'll never know.

A good way to start making sigs is using the feathering option. If you can find a good royaltyfree stock photo or somehow create yourself a 3d backround, you can then use portions of these for the backround of the sig. Bits and pieces can be "feathered" into eachother to create some very great looking sigs.

3dmax is a great thing to have for creating 3d backrounds, but it doesn't come cheap, it's actually almost impossible to afford, but if you can get your hands on a copy that is a wonderful program to learn how to use.

Air brushing is very useful almost always, as the fellow above stated. That is also an important technique to try and master. Although, now that I think of it, no technique can really be mastered, there's always something new to learn, and that is why graphics design is so great :D

My suggestion is that you go to http://www.good-tutorials.com and check out some of the tutorials, the ones that might intrest you. Try following the tutorials, not concerning too much about making sigs. This way you'll become familiar with filter/tools etc. and have easier to 'know' what you want to do and what you can do.

Just a suggestion. :)

easiest way to say it all and do it all is to play around with the program! Going over turtorials will help but just messing around with prog will help you learn it better. I only ever used one turtorial and it just confused me so i decided to stick with just playing around with program. After awhile you will learn some skills that will help your sigs look really good and in your own style.

Also as Vlad said a boarder helps a lot.

Jlr

possiblenewsig1.jpg

Layer Styles :D When I first got PS all my layers were 'Normal' and I just changed the opacity on them, but now on almost every sig I fiddle around with the styles, my most common used ones are Screen, Overlay, Soft Light, Difference, and Colour.

Using layer masks is also neat, you can make an image fade into another image or the background etc.

If I remember correctly, you just select a squared portion of your sig you would like to feather with the selection tool, then right click that area and go to feather. Then put in a number like 30, and then after, just paste something into it and you will get the idea.