Guide for fast Lobster F2P Fishing/Cooking on Karamja

Kuroi_Ame

DISCLAIMER: This guide was made for fast EXPERIENCE, not money. If you want to keep the fish you cook, this IS NOT the guide for you.

karamjamapwk0.png

^Karamja, copied from Tip.It's map.

General store-green

Docks (where the trees are near to)-yellow

Fishing spot (where you will be fishing)-blue

Items needed in inventory:

inventorywy0.png

(weild the highest available Woodcutting axe to you, I'm a skiller so I can't weild mine)

• -30GP+

-Woodcutting axe

-Lobster Pot

-Tinderbox (can be bought on Karamja for 1GP)

-One log (will be cut on Karamja)

You should be wearing stuff that makes you weightless ( 0 KG ) so you can run most of the time, which makes this go faster (while you fish, you regain energy so you should have 100% run the entire time you are moving). For me on my skiller, I have enough bank space to put up everything, for some, you may want to just wear some random event items which (I think) do not weigh anything. The point is to just be, or be near, 0KG.

Now, you fish a full inventory of lobsters :D

After a while, you will notice that, :o, you have a full inventory! (lobsters are acutally faster than tuna, I've come to notice)

fullinventoryla2.png

Now that you are full, you need to go to cook your lobsters *woot*

cookedlobsnt9.png

Your fire should last throughout the full inventory of lobsters, but, if not, just either 1) go cut another log and light it or 2) use a currently lit fire if there is one.

Now, what should you do with your now FULL inventory of cooked and burnt lobsters? Why, sell them of course!

Head over to the general store (highlighted in green on the mini map at the top of this Guide) and trade the shop assistant

tradeshopjh5.png

tradeshop2yx7.png

You don't get much from selling these to the general store, but it's tons faster, right?

Now, go cut your one log and start over.

If you see any corrections please tell me and please let me know if this guide helped you :thumbsup:

___

Kuroi Ame

wiseoldmanv2jpgvx2.jpg

do u wow?

Cassiius|Level 70 Night Elf Preist|Runetotem

Sambora|Level 37 Tauren Shaman|BurningLegion

It seems like a waste to just sell those lobsters to the store. In my opinion, it is worth banking those lobsters, regardless of whether it's cooked, sell it and buy feathers for fly fishing instead.

How can it be a waste when all you're after is experience? If you were after money, then you would see this as a waste, I do not because I am only after experience. And it is not worth banking the lobsters because that is just time you can use to fish!

____

kuroi

wiseoldmanv2jpgvx2.jpg

do u wow?

Why lobsters? Because they are fast. Not faster than fly fishing, but with fly fishing you have to have feathers and you don't get a little extra bit of money that you get with selling lobsters. If you would just think about it for five minutes, you'd understand what I am trying to say in this guide.

Thank you,

Kuroi Ame

wiseoldmanv2jpgvx2.jpg

do u wow?

Why lobsters? Because they are fast. Not faster than fly fishing, but with fly fishing you have to have feathers and you don't get a little extra bit of money that you get with selling lobsters. If you would just think about it for five minutes, you'd understand what I am trying to say in this guide.

Thank you,

Kuroi Ame

Now your going back on your word!

You said it yourself, the guide is for exp & not money so its not very good for F2P, I mean...With about 55 fishing I think you can fish 1 & a half loads of fish from fly fishing by the time you've finished 1 load of lobbies...including banking the fish, besides salmon sells quite well in F2P & P2P.

Returned 10/03/2010 after a two year break.

Filly_Suck.png

Thank you,

Kuroi Ame

Now your going back on your word!

You said it yourself, the guide is for exp & not money so its not very good for F2P, I mean...With about 55 fishing I think you can fish 1 & a half loads of fish from fly fishing by the time you've finished 1 load of lobbies...including banking the fish, besides salmon sells quite well in F2P & P2P.

You aren't even reading what I'm saying...You get a little bit of money, not great for making good money, but still better than using up feathers that you could have paid 10gp on (not a lot, but getting money from lobbies is better..) You're getting a little bit of money each trip, not as much as you could get, but it's faster than walking to the bank and back and you're not spending 30gp each trip.. And to that salmon comment, I've never seen a soul say "buying 10k salmon-20ea!!!" So, I don't see where you get your facts that they sell for a lot.

____

kuroi

wiseoldmanv2jpgvx2.jpg

do u wow?

Dude...Salmon could be sell at least for 40 gp each...Go check forums man...

Well...People mainly fish lobsters for cash...

The best fishing exp is by fishing trout and salmon...

Anyway...nice guide...

I give a 6/10 :D

Burn+777.png

I think the point of this guide was Kuroi_Ame was trying to gain fishing and cooking experience in F2P with little outlay. Selling the cooked and burnt to the store is quicker than dropping them ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ the money gained is an added bonus.

If you were to sit doing this in one of the F2P PKing worlds there are quite often other players turning up in this area looking to get free / cheap food so you could also trade to them to save you having to go to the shop.

To fly fish, there is an outlay of feathers. It not relevant if those feathers are bought or gathered yourself ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ they are still used up while fly fishing. With lobster fishing once you have your pot you are pretty much set up for life, unless you happen to lose your pot to a random.

Other players may prefer to bank their lobsters either to sell uncooked or cooked, but trips to the bank take time which slows down the experience you are gaining. Kuroi_Ame, is just after the experience on the 2 skills.

vlad_the_old.jpeg

Thanks to 4be2jue for the sigs.

Vlad_The_Old.png

There are 10 types of people in the world - those that understand binary and those that don't!

Vlad_the_old.png

You should be wearing stuff that makes you weightless ( 0 KG ) so you can run most of the time, which makes this go faster (while you fish, you regain energy so you should have 100% run the entire time you are moving). For me on my skiller, I have enough bank space to put up everything, for some, you may want to just wear some random event items which (I think) do not weigh anything. The point is to just be, or be near, 0KG.

Actually, random event clothes do wear a few KG, though it shouldn't really matter unless you can fish very fast or you like to run around the general store a few times before cutting your log :?

That being said, I shall also be different and say good guide :P

Fear the frog reaper. Hypercubes make the frog reaper happy ^_^

easyclickfe5.jpg

Or else I shall feast upon your soul!!! :twisted:

but for P2P its relitively usless as seers village has a fish shop if u want to sell,a range for cooking and a nearby bank.

Read the title, what does it say? Guide for fast Lobster F2P Fishing/Cooking on Karamja. Hence it definitely only works well if you are a f2p.

Back to topic: I feel that the contents of this guide are pretty much of.. common sense through some thinking

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

I use this method, but I've tweaked it. In my inventory, I have gold, lobster pot, tinderbox, and 100+ noted willow logs. When I get a full inventory of lobbies, I go over to the general store, drop a lobster, sell a willow to the store and buy it back to un-note it, start the fire, pick up the lobster I dropped, cook them, sell them, repeat. It's faster than having to walk over to the tree every single time. Note that the willow log costs 50 gold when you want to buy it, so make sure you have enough money on your initial trip.

sorry bros i'm not mexican

Regular logs burn long enough for a full inventory, FYI. So you could use noted logs and save an inventory space, I never thought about it, thanks, I'll edit it later.

-~Kuroi Ame~-

wiseoldmanv2jpgvx2.jpg

do u wow?