my first cartoon sig

RedRave

*hands anti-flame shield*

i dint now were to do it and i looked at this one sig and he did it in paint so i did too and my 10 year old bro did it so ya

catoonsig.png

Do you realize you just used 'did' and its permutations 4 times in one sentence? :shame: First off, please take your time and write understandable english so that I can at least verbally berate you correctly. Now, from what I see what you said means something like this:

I don't know where to post this. I looked at someone's sig and saw that he did it in paint. My 10 year old brother does stuff in paint too so I thought I'd try it. Here's what I made:

My 1337 to english translation is only guaranteed 87.28% effective

Now, on to what you actually did..............or rather didn't. The key to all pixel work is? Everybody together now:

Shading!

That's right! In your entire piece I see.......................*looking, looking, looking, not finding anything............oh wait!* one thing that's even partially shaded! Even cartoony sigs have shading!

And what's that coming out of his left shoulder, a tumor?! Please, spend some time with anatomy. I mean the hair and the party hat look almost exactly the same for god's sake!

Messy work on the horizoon line which isn't even straight, text is dull and boring, and no border!

Now, knowing you, you will probably ignore everything I've said here as you did for every single one of the bad "Git R" sigs that I C/Ced for you, but please, please consult a tutorial or two before trying this.

*stalks off and crys in a corner because my eyes are hemorrhaging from the bright colors in his sig* :cry:

superawesomesiggynessck6.jpg

Imhomer.png

Okay, needs some work. They eyes..... err... white spaces? Try adding pupils, or something. The hands are more like circles. Try to add each individual finger.

Oh, and the rock. Light comes off of the moon, so the shading would be the opposite way around.

A little shading can go a long way. :-k

Writing in colour was fun while it lasted...

The Tip.It. Furry! :D HappyWolf.png

Looking at your sig i can tell you dont know how to get to the full color pallette, i would reccomend going to the FAQS/RESOURCES sticky and looking at a few of the pixel tutorials. Keep trying though, noone starts off fantastic, and if you dont have time to do so on the computer, drawing in real life helps substantially. Also, look at some anatomy books, or just look how people are built, and/or look at yourself in the mirror. This will help some too.

Well, Good Luck

monkeys.jpeg

thanks everyone for the sigs!

why does everyone think that just because it's their first sig it doesn't have to look good <.<

and people constantly make sigs for the "first" time, and they all look like they took about 5 minutes, some even less...

I mean doesn't anyone pay attention to:

Don't post your first ever sig. To be quite honest with you, they are hardly ever decent. Remember, if you think it doesn't look good, it doesn't. For those of you who truely feel that you are hot stuff, ask for a second opinion such as family member, friend, or messenger buddy if you want a real opinion as to if it's any good. If they give good feedback, post away.

That seems pretty clear to me -.-

Almost all has been said except where's the nose? :^o

What are you talking about your sig doesn't have a nose either!!!

on topic: Take your time shading. dithering is recommended. This is the second time I've said this to someone : HAVE A LOOK AT TERLEYS GREAT TUT!!!

use the dithering it shows you or modify it like I do!!

4vr93cy.jpg

Thanks Terly for the best Avatar in TipIt -winks-

Don't post your first ever sig. To be quite honest with you, they are hardly ever decent. Remember, if you think it doesn't look good, it doesn't. For those of you who truely feel that you are hot stuff, ask for a second opinion such as family member, friend, or messenger buddy if you want a real opinion as to if it's any good. If they give good feedback, post away.

That seems pretty clear to me -.-

As I recall that's under tips, it's not a real rule.

superawesomesiggynessck6.jpg

Imhomer.png

on topic: Take your time shading. dithering is recommended. This is the second time I've said this to someone : HAVE A LOOK AT TERLEYS GREAT TUT!!!

Lol, you need to PM Ter and ask him to start paying you for advertising. 1/20th of your sig per post.

"We'll bring the sexy back to judging >_>." --Nadril

Bleh, once I get off my lazy bum and go to Imageshack, there will be a picture here.

Lol, you need to PM Ter and ask him to start paying you for advertising. 1/20th of your sig per post.

Lol nah he deserves it its a great tut. and it made me start pixels. thanks again terley!! :thumbsup:

4vr93cy.jpg

Thanks Terly for the best Avatar in TipIt -winks-