barrows ppot addict - help me cut down!

baron8000

ok having got into barrows, i find myself using hugeee amounts of ppots,

i pray on all brothers, and safespot melee brothers in the tunnel, if its ahrim or karil i pray - this costs me a hell of a lot :P

with my stats of....

atk = 68

str = 68

def = 67

mage = 61

range = 58

i use the slayer dart method,blue dhide for ahrim and sup pots and dlong for karil . Any tips on how to reduce ppots usage?

Dont come on here calling me a barrows noob, im not great, i realise that, thats why im asking for help

Make sure you start off each trip with full prayer. (Either recharge in lumby or your house).

Pray Dharok first unless you plan to safespot him in tunnel. Then kill Karil with remaining prayer. (You can pray for Karil in tunnel if you wish but you should be able to kill him without it).

Just wear your D'Hides and range Ahrim, shouldn't need prayer.

Safespot the melee brothers if you must but i recommend wearing full rune and killing the brothers in their crypts without prayer. (Get 70 def and buy Torags armour.

There is really nothing special about not using Ppots. It is all about wearing armour with high def bonuses and eating when your hp gets low.

LordFan21.pngHilordfan.jpgZ0mg look im so kool even mods tok to me.

Sorry to say, but he can only wear full blue at the moment. Even when I wear full black hide; Ahrim still hits crazy with his fire waves when you don't pray.

i pray on all brothers, and safespot melee brothers in the tunnel, if its ahrim or karil i pray - this costs me a hell of a lot :P

with my stats of....

atk = 68

str = 68

def = 67

mage = 61

range = 58

i use the slayer dart method,blue dhide for ahrim and sup pots and dlong for karil . Any tips on how to reduce ppots usage?

1. Why dont you just safe spot all of the melee brothers? It is much cheaper that way since you DONT need to pray on them.

2. Mage karil, and i mean it. It will be faster for you to kill karil that way (whip is the bare minimum you should melee karil with, his melee def is sick for a ranger, but useless mage def for a ranger)

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

for safespotting the melee brothers do you mean in their crypts? if so could you clarify on how to do it, the majority of guides havent helped me,

as for the others, thanks very much, and i will now get those 70 levels for whip and torags and give them a try

for safespotting the melee brothers do you mean in their crypts? if so could you clarify on how to do it, the majority of guides havent helped me,

as for the others, thanks very much, and i will now get those 70 levels for whip and torags and give them a try

Click the lowest link in Chenw's sig. :)

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

i understand the safespotting in tunnels thing, but he also said to safespot ALL melee brothers, this means i must safespot some in their crypts yes? I'm not aware that any such safespots exist :S

There are no "safe spots" in the crypts. Only side step spots or ancient, bind or entangle spells.

The only thing I would do different is to mage Karil. You should be making enough in runes and bolts to pay for prayer pots used. Don't bother with a kill count more than 10 IMHO. Not worth it.

mcguff1.png

ok work this out, i randomly tried killing karil, verac, guthan and torag without prayer, and i only used 10 lobbs, and 2 doses for ahrim in the tunnels :S

now was i insanely lucky or is that the norm? this being in full rune

Sorry to say, but he can only wear full blue at the moment. Even when I wear full black hide; Ahrim still hits crazy with his fire waves when you don't pray.

He hits crazy on me with karils. With food he shouldn't be a problem.

Supermonk, proving you wrong since 1992.

Supermonk rocks, I want to have his children.

Music is like candy. You always get rid of the rapper.

pray on dharok, karil, verac, and ahrim in that order. you should be able to get by this using only 2-3 doses. then mage torag and guthan in full rune. i have 72 def and take an occasional hit but the rest are mainly zeros

lost rights to my dark red text >:(

afflictionbanner2jf6.png

12/20/06 - QUEST CAPE OF ACHIEVEMENT

Barrows sets: guthan, verac, dharok, maybe ahrim eventually <- lost to a hacker whole stole everything of worth from my bank

You definitely need to pray on ahrim and karil. If you safespot in the tunnels, keep doing that. Otherwise, you definitely need to pray on all the melee bros. Your stats are too low to do anything else.

Barrows noob! (jk) (well, not really) :P

blurredsigla2.jpg

i understand the safespotting in tunnels thing, but he also said to safespot ALL melee brothers, this means i must safespot some in their crypts yes? I'm not aware that any such safespots exist :S

Incorrect, any brothers not killed in their crypts can show up in the tunnel, and this is completely independent of who is your tunnel. For example you can have Verac show up (if you didnt kill him in the crypts) in Ahrim Tunnel.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

i gets ya, so, kill ahrim and karil as normal, then find the tunnel and any of the melee brothers can spawn? and just door force until i find all 4 i guess

thanks v much for help its greatly appreciated as i got my first decent item a few days back - a D med