Yondo

Sunday, November 19, 2006

The Empire Rising [TER] Brings you...

Issue 2...

Absolutionistlogo.gif

This week's edition features:

•  

[*:3l71qch2]Auridan's Eight Commandments of Pest Control

[*:3l71qch2]Abyssal Whip: Worth it? An article from our own frog197neo90.

[*:3l71qch2]An interview with TORC's Chow by Gfreaky.

This week's sponsors:

banner1.gif

Message from the Editor: Our second issue! Woho!

by Gfreaky

Hey folks! For those of you that are just joining us, welcome! For those that checked this issue out because you liked the last one, glad to have you back! We think this issue is even better than our last and we're really getting into the groove of things. For those of you that are here because you hated our last issue and wanted to see how baddly this one sucks, well, to each his own.

As you may have noticed, we have a sponsor this week. Rockify is a webhosting company and they currently host all the images used in our issues as well as our forums. From each week on, we'll have positions open to sponsor our paper. So, if you run a business selling stuff, your clan thinks we're doing a good job and would like to contribute towards our research and funding, or you just happen to have a large inheritance sitting around growing cobwebs, we'd love to provide you an opprotunity to get your name out. The prices are fairly low, and we can negoitate any form or payment in RS or out. We're very flexible! Don't be distracted by the thought of paying to put up a banner, we're doing this as a service for people to get their message out. Don't be shy, check the bottom of this issue for a list of contact addresses.

As always, we'd love to hear from you. Tell us what you like, what you don't like, what you would like to see, and what you would never like to see again. You can even write us a Letter to the Editor and we may publish it in a future issue! As always, if you like what you see, be sure to link our issue to your friends and clanmates.

Now, enjoy the reading!

The Guiding Light: The Eight Commandments of Pest Control

by Auridan

It is, without exception, the fastest combat training in Runescape. It is a great way to learn teamwork, strategy, and how best to manipulate the game engine. It is a hell of a lot of fun. Ah, Pest Control, how do we love thee?

Not enough, I say. The minigame responsible for most of my combat experience in the past few months is second only to CastleWars on the list of things I love to do in Runescape, but itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s nearly impossible to run a good game. So many people wouldnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t recognize a good strategy if it hit a 35 on them, and so many others ignore them for reasons I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t begin to understand. Gate openers, pures who suck a lot more than theyÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll ever admit, and people who insist on killing monsters just south of the Void KnightÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæthese are only some of the players who annoy me, and the rest of us, to no end. They make the game hardly worth attempting.

So, how do we fix this? I will attempt to do so, by laying down the Eight Commandments of Pest Control.

•  

I. If a shifter occupies the space just south of the Void Knight, thou shalt NOT attack it! Such an event happens rarely now, and it doth protect said Knight from the attacks of the vile creatures crowding the south gate.

II. Thou shalt not attack monsters without dire need to accumulate zeal. Destroying the portals is vital to the success of the game; destroying monsters is not.

III. Thou shalt leave thy sound levels on, if not at full volume, in order to hear Spinners. If unable to do so, thou shalt keep a very close watch on the spawning square of the portal thou art attacking, and immediately smite appearing Spinners with great wrath as soon as they are detected.

IV. Thou shalt bring thy best gear at all times. Pest Control is a completely risk-free activity, and thou shalt give thine all every run.

V. Thou shalt not simply sit around and chat when thy portal is destroyed, if other portals remain standing strong. Run to help thy comrades-in-arms, unless it is clear that they have the situation firmly under control.

VI. Thou shalt not open the gates of the fort unless there are no monsters attempting to come through.

VII. If smiting monsters, thou shalt give priority to the Ravagers and destroy them with all speed. Second priority shall be given to the highest level Torchers or Defilers that are attacking the Void Knight from outside the fort.

VIII. If luck smiles upon thee and the fabled Heart Unit joins the runs on your world, thou shalt NOT announce thy good fortune to all of thy stupid friends!

I hope this helps. Good hunting!

The Business Section: Abyssal Whip: worth it?

by frog197neo90

Abyssal Whip.

Is it still worth it?

With an item that has captivated the hearts of warriors from level fifty five wilderness to the deepest parts of the jungle. Is it still worth what it once was?

At first glance it is a hard weapon to come up against. Here are itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s stats.

Attack: Stab +0, Slash +82, Crush +0, Magic +0, Ranged +0.Defense: Stab +0, Slash +0, Crush +0, Magic +0, Ranged +0.Other: Strength +82, Prayer +0.

Alone it is easy to take on, but with a Barrows armor suit on, your as good as dead. I personally have been close to death in the wilderness against one of theses mighty weapons.

The current Market price on the Abyssal Whip is: 1.8-2 million

So the question is will they continue to drop? Or are they stable?

When I first heard about this weapon they were around five to ten million. After doing a small amount of research the very first abyssal whips sold for sixty four million or more! Many buyers were trading them for party hats! They may regret that now.

Around this time last year I believe that they were 3-4 million. ThatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s a drop of 25-50%, thankfully not all at once, but gradually they dropped.

My Market prediction on this item :

Looking at the amount of people with 85 slayer (6,875) and even more to get it by the end of this month, the supply will go up and the demand may stay the same. The possibility of this item stabilizing is very slim. That may lead this item to drop by 10-25% before stabilizing at all. 1.5 million seems like a very fair price to pay for a great weapon, but it might now seem like a fair price to sell for. Unless the ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬Åabyssal killersÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

Why'd u leave :?: <--Hehe, the special question mark

i was traing staff in torc and well i think i was pretty close to being full but i left and well i think pressure of being staff got to me but then i rejoined 3 days later and well it felt different it felt i didnt have the respect i had and well i stayed for 2 weeks and left again now torc only only allows u to rejoin once so that was the end of me and torc i am still a clan freind in torc though and am proud to say i acculated 2k post in torc and was one of torc's top ten poster and was proud to be part of torc.

i recently joined tdm and ya tdm is my new home and i hope tdm is my home for a long time

iFishcopy-1.png

I'm a proud TORC training staff member. The tests are indeed difficult, but its worth it to be able to moderate one of the best clans in all of runescape.

We are an active clan with about 100-150 users active daily. As Chow said, we have a a private IRC chat server and private forums which allow us to communicate very well with one another. We also now have a 500 person Skype conference room for the clan to use on PK trips!

Anyway, back to the point.

Nice article, I liked the whole thing (Not just the interview with Chow :P), and thought it was really informative. Gratz on coming up with a great article, hope to read more of them in the future.

Good Article and Good Luck,

Poolfile, TORC Training Staff

P.S. We all miss ya Blou XD

Thanks for the comments!

We have more coming next week, but, as I've said before, we have a small writing staff. If you'd like to contribute, send me a PM requesting a job and we'll work something out.

Also, if you have any suggestions/letters to the editor, feel free to send them my way, via PM!

Why'd u leave :?: <--Hehe, the special question mark

i was traing staff in torc and well i think i was pretty close to being full but i left and well i think pressure of being staff got to me but then i rejoined 3 days later and well it felt different it felt i didnt have the respect i had and well i stayed for 2 weeks and left again now torc only only allows u to rejoin once so that was the end of me and torc i am still a clan freind in torc though and am proud to say i acculated 2k post in torc and was one of torc's top ten poster and was proud to be part of torc.

i recently joined tdm and ya tdm is my new home and i hope tdm is my home for a long time

Ah, so that's why. Well, good luck as a TDM member.

lol hey poolfile =p and dbz are u the guy who got 2 clans to change there names becuse u had it first becuse lol thats funny =p

Yes, that's me. {\:-)

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

Interesting article :D

Ex-TORC member myself, A little dissapointed I saw no mention of Jennifer in the clan history there. Did I miss it?

Or is the SE contingent not mentioned on purpose?

Either way, shame.

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

I was in the emerald dragons from its first few weeks, and i had over 5k posts. We were a -very- strong clan, for the year we'd been around. What ian (im4eversmart) and jen (corrupt moral) did, was wrong. The clan founder and leader's name was reason (Ace G33k), ian was a rhq global mod and the clan webmaster, while jen was the -co-leader. they betrayed reason and over half the clans wishes by splitting the clan in two and taking control over the half that sided with rune hq's new clan. emerald dragons was an active, honorable, pking beast, for the year wed been around wed made allies with the prestigious clans brotherhood of the gods, and tha outlaws, and won 2 official wars against experienced clans. What ian and jen transformed the clan into was just an extension of the forums that simply took place partially in game, they never pked or warred and was simply a clan available for the low level players of rs, mostly who relied on rune hq's knowledge because they were so inexperienced, they eventually made it open to any level. the fact of the matter is, they are no clan, just an extension of rune hq forums, and the person you interviewed (who ive never heard of in my entire career) is ignorant to the entire situation and the interview is totally propaganda to the informed reader.

Edit: I just read their history, and there was two false statements, for one, ian (im4eversmart) was -never- leader of ed, he was just a webmaster, and reason (Ace G33k) never got power hungry! the co-leader, jen (corruptmoral) was simply a bad leader with her own independent thoughts to base the clan entirely on skilling (with the occasional war against one of their allies, as long as it was only iron -.-), and she took control of the newer and weaker members, and the inactive skilling members, and made -them- into torc, all the true members, ace g33k, torey0, patbag92, alrikthemad, pronetdnow99, netscape101, to name the most prominent, stayed with ed, which eventually became inactive due to its huge loss.

The good old ed days, members pking at gds:

largeedji7.png

wg7techbordercu8.gif

Made by Triza 13

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...