A hunting story....

Briante

what about make it just like farming? u only see your own trap and u can use it whenever you want... that sounds a lot more fair

That's how I thought it would be when it first came out. Then I saw other people setting up traps and realized that you don't get your own. It's a good idea. Also maybe they could make catching kebbits with falcons like woodcutting - multiple people being able to get a catch.

My story for ontopicness- I was catching chinchompas and people kept on killing them, so I couldn't trap them. It was quite annoying.

falconwipcomtv4.jpg

This hunting skill is just creating blood bathes and is just going to end in blood if jagex doesn't do something, I like hunting and I am currently 55, falcons all the way. Anyways back on topic, yes people need to share. Or jagex needs to make it like farming. Like only you can see the tree trap and nobody can see it. Ye that can lead to macrors but hey it stops the 50 million new reports from people who call others noobs. I veto (say no) to that IQ test. I'm not bright and I'm 15 years old, something with being slow... IM NOT SLOW SLOW ([developmentally delayed]ed).

you know what i noticed? in every complainers post they said that the rock was "there" rock. you dont own it and other people have a right to use it just like you. if someone comes while your training and starts using the rock then politly ask them if you could take turns. if they start swearing at you report them and add them to ignore, or better yet hop worlds. they can have that rock and you can have a new one to yourself.

Never happened to me... i'm 40 hunting.

I think you are just stereotyping people.

I think you are very lucky. I'm lvl 37, and I've had at least 20 people try to steal things from me. Especially at Lizards. Those are hell holes.

[Admin Edit: No naming names in a negative light]

There's an amount of skill it takes to steal and maintain traps at the Lizards. It's perfectly fair. The original user can keep it if he tries hard enough.

Instead of just blindly and moronically clicking the trap, walk next to it and then click it. The game, if you click it before walking up to it, will make you take the lizard a space away. Thus, a stealer can take it. Instead, walk up to it, and click again right after. Wait a little while if a guy's waiting for it to get him off guard. If you do this with all the traps, he'll go away.

Likewise, to take another trap just walk right up next to it and let the guy take it, and you can take it from him. If he refuses to take it - that's good! The net will eventually release itself anyway. You can't lose.

In actual time, the stealer should always get the lizard. There's a tiny delay for the taker. But it's rare that a stealer is quick enough to match the fact that you know when it's going up. If you really want to steal, pay attention to when the text changes in the top left. That'll be the easiest way to see when they take it.

That is all. There's a good amount of experience to get it right, and I personally believe it's fair. The more efficient clicker and timer wins. Going with the "who was there first", and "this is my rock/tree/lizard!" is a laughable argument. We're all second. For example, a guy banks and while he's gone someone comes in to the empty training ground. When the first guy comes back and takes a spot people complain he's stealing. Likewise, if somebody has to log out for ten minutes and comes back to a full spot, is it still his? He was there first after all! It's his!

No!

The spots belong to NOBODY, so let EVERYBODY have a chance to go at them, I say.

Most people I believe and i have experienced this is when ur trapping they will go up to it and take it after the trap fails or you catch it. That is not right stealing their trap. I know saying they were there first and its theres isn't the best way to go about it, but its also not right to take someones spot. Ive experienced this and anyone who supports people you do that is either one of them or hasn't had this happen to them.

slayer9434.png

Barrows: guthan warspear, ahrim hood, torag platebody, karil's crossbow x3, Dharoks greataxe, Dharoks Helm.

Max Quest points

"Never let your morals prevent you from doing what is right" Asimov

i was trapping lizards and a new guy comes in and asks if 3 of us can each have one and no1 is stealing and 10 minutes later he starts to steal traps. we ask him why and all he said was shut up noob, though we all pwned him with hunting level. He eventually left because we didnt talk to him.

Proud owner of Green Halloween Mask

Barrows drops: 3x Dharocks axe, 2x Veracs brassard, 2x Torags Legs, 2x Karils Skirt, 2x D Med, Veracs Skirt, Veracs Flail, karils coif, Guthans Platebody, Dharocks Helm.

Dragon Drops- 2x Dragon Skirt

First day of hunting I had a good start and levelled reasonably fast. I got a lot of people asking "how to", "where" etc. Since my cat was sleeping on my lap I had a little trouble typing, and couldnt give long answers, so when they kept asking I simply told them to read the manual, or check kb.

I must say I was quite amazed over how many players that had NO clue what I was talking about.

-What manual? Where? What site? What is kb?

Please think before you ask a question. If you ask the right question, its much more likely you get the answer you are looking for :)

Gugge.png

Moly.png

just hit 60 hunting \'

now going to sleep...

but about the stealing thing... I consider it stealing... if you have to fight over traps with someone(usually the winner is determined by who has the least lag - who will get their game to register their click first) then BOTH people are usually getting slower exp... that's why I stopped training at orange lizards and went to falconry... TOO MANY IDIOTS...

oh, and so that no one accuses me of having a bad computer, I do get very little lag, and can get most traps/kebbits before other people... but 2 people fighting over one decent spot results in bad exp anyways, as they will get atleast some... (and I personally hate it because it breaks my rhythm...)

but about the stealing thing... I consider it stealing... if you have to fight over traps with someone(usually the winner is determined by who has the least lag - who will get their game to register their click first) then BOTH people are usually getting slower exp... that's why I stopped training at orange lizards and went to falconry... TOO MANY IDIOTS...

Quoted for truth.

I think the best bet is lizards at night and chinchompas/falconry in the day.

D

2009 Member Goals: Undetermined

Quoted for truth.

I think the best bet is lizards at night and chinchompas/falconry in the day.

D

This is completely untrue. I win nearly every time, and it has nothing to do with lag. The other person generally doesn't have a clue what they're doing. Unless the other player knows what I do, they don't stand a chance. Watching the lizards to see when they'll spring a trap and getting there before they do, standing by the trap before clicking on it, knowing the timing it takes to reset a trap the fastest... These are all parts of learning how to trap well. I always gain control of all the spots within ten minutes unless the other player can do all that as well as I can. It's not luck based, and I have the success to prove it.

ever heard of survival of the fittest?

lumbridge swamps...f2p...coal rocks.

everyone used to say that exact same thing...so i've learned to also have that attitude. but im not an @$$ like most people

Ralvn.png

I can't stand stealers at lizards, they're so pathetic. If i have two trees and i see some1 without one, i give them one of mine. I'm not greedy over exp. I just hate it when they come to steal urs.

I had one guy come and try to steal 3 spots. He manages to steal one and then he tells people "Hey, don't steal spots" :wall: I asked him if he knew what a hypocrite is, he replied "Yeah, you" #-o

He would've failed that IQ test, i say Jagex should implement it.

clbqf5.jpg

Dragon drops: D med x3, D Spear x2, Left Half x1, D2h x1

Crawling Hands X4, Cockatrice heads X2, Basilisk head X2, Kurask head X1

Support me in the drop race

well, many hunters are plain rude... i have been training at swamp lizards, then orange salamanders for quite some time.

they always steal your traps, and when you try and take them back... they call you a nub trap stealer. you may get lucky and find a world/place with just you or 1 person, and if you get even luckier that person may take 2 traps and let you have 2... that is certainly rare. and it wont even stay like that for long. maybe within 20 minutes another rude, angry at the world hunter will come, steal the traps, rip on you for stealing them... it is quite distressing for me. i try to be above namecalling, but it is quite hard when these people... start ruffling my feathers.

Off-topic: i officially hate evil bob..he made me just lose 2 of my traps :evil:

siggiebw2.png

Noted raw mackerel drop... Wtfh?

Always buying: Watermelon seeds, 2K each. Strawberry seeds, 800 each. Contact Via PM on forums.

im lvl 32 atm and im getting annoyed at the people who folow your Larupias incase they get stuck...

im also annoyed at people who react with "leave n00b" when your trying to use deadfalls and

A.I was there before them.

B.Iv'e just asked them "can you please leave"

C.I would be more than wiling to share if they asked nicely

I think that Jagex should make the pifall creatures unstealable, make deadfalls and lizards like farming and sort out the bug with the box trap on the traps part of the ingame guide.

squall.jpg

Jagexmadeafunny.jpg

Well, i was going to say the funniest story was when a guy's bird snare fell, everyone told him to reset, he said 'go away n00blets..stop lying'...

I was like lol!!!!!

~Saruman44

Jagex should add an IQ test required to create an account. It would just about stop most new people joining the game it would seem....

Yeah an IQ test should be part of making an account. If you get below 100 or something you can't make an account. That would rock.

I was catching some birds and my trap falls down. So I go to put it up and another guy puts up his trap just as I am trying to put up mine. So I say hey my trap was there. He went No it wasn't I've been using this spot all day. I has like What the crap, what the heck is happening to Runescape. He went Lol. I went You and an inconsiderate idiot. And I logged.

This will be the end of Runescape.

R.I.P The Old Nite. Heroes get remembered. But Legends never die. You were truly a Runescape Legend

newbankofrsyq0.gif

I can't stand stealers at lizards, they're so pathetic. If i have two trees and i see some1 without one, i give them one of mine. I'm not greedy over exp. I just hate it when they come to steal urs.

I had one guy come and try to steal 3 spots. He manages to steal one and then he tells people "Hey, don't steal spots" :wall: I asked him if he knew what a hypocrite is, he replied "Yeah, you" #-o

He would've failed that IQ test, i say Jagex should implement it.

this one dude was bragging in Draynor to some noob in f2p about his rune armor and i told him to not be arrogant and he said "I'm not a vegetable idiot." i swear i will never forget that

Ralvn.png

Well, i was going to say the funniest story was when a guy's bird snare fell, everyone told him to reset, he said 'go away n00blets..stop lying'...

I was like lol!!!!!

~Saruman44

Jagex should add an IQ test required to create an account. It would just about stop most new people joining the game it would seem....

lol good idea that would take away ALOT of noobs

chat is ON...hyt me!

^dragonwizerd was the frist one to listen to my sig^^

hunterbx2.png

I was like lol!!!!!

~Saruman44

lol good idea that would take away ALOT of noobs

not nessicarily an IQ test more of a personality test or soemthing cause just because someone is smart doesnt mean they're polite or nice and are willing to share

My pet Boxing Tater

minimck1lg8.jpg