Guide to Green Dragons

adam_ross0

Ok, this is my first guide..so I decided to start on something fairly simple: Green Dragon hunting.

***NOTE*** I will ONLY cover melee.

Table 'o contents:

Chapter 1: Equipment and Skills

Chapter 2: Getting there

Chapter 3: Fighting Dragons while AVOIDING Pkers.

Chapter 4: Drops

Chapter 5: Conclusion.

UPDATES:

I made this section pretty much to tell about updates to this post, and the guide itself. I WILL be adding pictures soon enough, but for now, the only updates will be where you can find very helpful posts.

Page 1, MULTIPLE POSTS!!: look back over my guide. I have added a few long-awaited screenshots! These (I hope), should help some people better understand what I am saying. thanks to adam_ross0 for doing this (ME! WOOT!), the Green Dragons, for sacrificing themselves for the purpose of knowledge, and aprocot, for saying HI!!!! :) PS: also been tweaking the guide info a little.

Page 1, post 2 of my guide: Made an update to include some limited information on other hunting spots. Hopefully, soon, I can visit these spots and see them for myself. In the future, I *MAY* re-make this guide and include a TRUCKLOAD of new information on different aspects. Again, a big thank you to everyone who is giving me some good information about this, and supporting my guide :D

Page 1, post 7: *NOTE* NOT counting my guide! This is a helpful tip on what to wear for good mage defence.

Page 2, post 4: List to wilderness spots to find the dragons.

CHAPTER 1: Equipment and Skills.

Ok. So, you're the guy who's tired of moss giants..fire giants are a little too tough for your liking...and you're looking for something funner than Lesser Demons. Look no further, because here we have it- Green Dragons.

Here is just some basic information on the Dragons..

Combat Level: 79

Attacks: Melee, and a fire attack.

Again. VERY basic info. So, you're wondering about skills? I recommend the following, myself. (for about 5-10 dragons.)

WARNING*** This is ABOUT the lowest you want to fight Green Dragons. Fighting them anywhere below 65 combat is pretty much a waste of time.

65+ combat..again, the very very LEAST I even SUGGEST. With 65 combat, you may be lucky enough for up to 5 dragons.

60+ attack.

55+ strength

At LEAST 40 defence..but it will be tougher.

What I think you SHOULD have before you try? (15 or more dragons)

At LEAST 70 combat..anywhere below, I highly recommend not even going. Having about 70 will get you 10-15-20 or so dragons per run.

60+ attack

60+ strength

55+ defence, 60, if you can.

Now, another note. Green Dragons REALLY flesh out the importance of combat stats. At 65 combat with about 50 defence and 60 attack, I was getting hit pretty hard, and I wasn't doing much damage. I got my strength to 60, and my defence to 60..and now, I get hit for much less.

Prayer, I think, is not very necessary at all. After all, these guys are fairly easy to kill if you have dragon weapons, and shouldn't pose a BIG threat if you have rune.

So, here is what I recommend to take.

Tyras or Steel helm: I am too much of a chicken to risk my Berserker helm, so I do with a Tyras. If you are brave, though..bring a Berserker Helm.

Strength Amulet: Mainly to make up for the lost strength bonus from the Berserker helm. Again, not very necessary..but it is better than risking a Glory or a Fury.

Rune platebody and Legs: Better than addy, less to risk than barrows or dragon. Gives excellent defence anyways.

Climbing boots: For the +2 strength. Can be replaced with Rune Boots too.

NO CAPE..unless you want a obby, fire, or legends.

Ring of Life: ROW doesn't do much good..I recommend Life, myself.

Bronze-Barrows gloves: Whichever of the armored gloves you have, bring em.

DDS: I USUALLY will bring a DDS AND D b axe..but, DDS does fine alone. Again, a metter of opinion. I do not recommend bringing anything bigger than dragon though, as PKers tend to hang out around here fairly often.

****MOST IMPORTANT!!! READ!!!****

ANTI-DRAGONFIRE SHIELD This is a MUST have. Unless you are suicidal, bring this. Without this, their fire (and they use it quite often), hits 40+. It can be bought from the Duke of Lumbridge, or from other players.

(tell me if I forgot an equipment slot, Im bad about that.)

IN YOUR INVENTORY:

Ok, here is what I like to bring myself.

Ectophial: For teleporting. Since the area i will lead you to is in 11 wilderness, you can just click and begone. You can substitute this for runes, too.

Lobsters: About all but 2 spaces of inventory full.

Secondary weapon *optional*: If you brought weapons other than your main (which, I recommend a D B axe for it's power)..keep it here. BRING NO MORE THAN 2 weapons!

Ok, here's an EQUIPMENT screenshot to sum this up sort of. thank you to Imageshack for helping me upload, and Aprocot, for saying hi :D

tipitequipmenthp2.png

The+Adaminator.png

69827172ou0.jpg

CHAPTER 2: Getting There.

Ok. this will be a very short and sweet section, so be ready. There are 3 Green Dragon spots, I know..but This one is the very best IMO. Ok. Get your stuff, and go to the Taverly members gate. Head north TOWARDS the Zammy Wine building, but go past it and enter the wilderness. Keep going north, past the dark mages. eventually, at ABOUT level 10-12 wildy, you will see a big, black, circle..area. There are 3 greens here.

AVOIDING PKERS:

Ok. PKers tend to be here a lot, so here are my tips on avoiding them.

1) Use your teleport! It is level 11 wildy, so you WILL be able to tele!

2) Run. If you have protect prayers, activate them now for the select combat style. Now, just run. Don't stop, run until you are out of the wilderness.

3) Do NOT engage them in combat. I have found, that about all of the PKers I have seen are pure melee and mages..high leveled ones.

Just another sidenote, I have recieved a lot of feedback about this spot. Apparently, it isn't the greatest. Pkers tend to LOVE to hang out there. If you don't want a very very high risk of being pked, there is a guide and link on Page 2, post 4 that can help you decide on a spot. I recommend reading ALL of the posts before deciding a spot to hunt at. Each spot has it's pros and cons.

End of chapter.

The+Adaminator.png

69827172ou0.jpg

Chapter 3: Fighting Dragons and Avoiding Pkers.

Ok, this is a very easy part. If there are more than 3 other people here, world hop. Since there are only 3 dragons, this spot CAN get crowded. Now, how to fight the Dragons.

Well, personally, I usually ready my DDS and activate the special, and wait for the dragon to attack me. No more than 2 specs on one dragon, though. Your special (for me, at least) will usually refill about 20% during the duration of the fight. So, you get 2/3 of the special you spent, back to you.

Now as for fighting, I really cant go into much detail. Everybody has their own way of combat. I am telling you MY recommendations for this type of training. Ok. For healing, I recommend wait UNTIL you're down to about half health, then use a lobby.

AVOIDING PKERS:

I covered most of this in the chapter above, but, I'll just sum up how to Identify them.

1) If they are skulled. If tey are skulled, odds are, they are a pker.

2) If they are wearing high-end equipment that one usually wouldn't bring to kill dragons, they might be a pker.

3) If they have NO ANTI-FIRE shield..odds are, they be a pker.

4) If they are around your combat level..and are standing there near you waiting for you to finish that fight, they probably will attack you.

Again, Im NOT an avid Pker, so these are just basic trends I have noticed.

End of chapter.

not REALLY the end..I got 2 more screenshots right here! Enjoy!!

tipitfightingkx2.png

Ok, here's an 'edited' screenshot..this should show some key objects and items in this screenie. I also enlarged it to show some text and stuff. Enjoy!

tipitfightingeditxy6.png

If you have any problems reading this one (the text is small, i know.), just post or PM me and i will do the best in my ability to enlarge the text or image more.

The+Adaminator.png

69827172ou0.jpg

CHAPTER 4: Drops.

Ah..everyone's favorite part of fighting: The Drops.

Green Dragons USUALLY, drop like this:

Green Dragonhide

Dragon Bones

If you want a link to a FULL list of Green Dragon drops, visit this link:

http://tip.it/runescape/index.php?rs2monster_id=59

Thanks to Kingrazo, Vap137, Ferrol, KingJD, Eeeeediot, kirerudori, longbowman80, XX magiks XX, Blooped254, my_pet_worm, bvlilnick00, Lil Boutch, K-UniK, casper163, abomb67, inferno_char, and Headnazgul for this amazing Bestiary guide!

Now, here is what the drops are useful for:

GREEN DRAGONHIDE:

With this, you can go to a tanner, have it tanned, and with a certain amount and the right crafting level, create green dragonhide armor. I recommend just selling it for about 1k a pop though :P

DRAGON BONES: Ok. Not EXACTLY sure on exp totals, but this can be use for prayer exp. Just left-click it, or right click and select 'bury bones'.

NORMAL BURY: 250 exp or so.

ECTOFUNTUS: 600 exp or so.

ITEM:

It depends what it is. If you TRULY do not know what an Item does, send me a message on my tip.it forum inbox and I will happily explain it to you.

Ok, from some of my suggestions, I have come to the decision to create a 'Best Drops' guide. So, here they are, and why they are good!

DRAGON SPEAR: A LOT of different monsters drop these..it's just very very rare as a drop. Personally, I hear it is not a good Dragon Weapon, but..look on the bright side- you got it from an ultra-rare drop, and it can be poisoned. Plus, it looks friggin awesome and you can sell it to others for around 300k.

HALF KEY: Yup. It drops the half key LOOP or TEETH. What this does, is..if you get a half-key, you can combine it with the other half, and then open a chest in a house. From what I hear, it is south of the Witch's house in Taverly (thanks to Mattisthe1 for the location!). Inside the home, you can open the chest to get some items. Not exactly sure, but I hear there is a wide range of items..including Dragonstones.

CLUE (level 3): Good..why? Because! If you do a level 3 clue in treasure trails, you have a chance at getting many Rune items..or better..including God armor, gilded, Rune (g) or (t)..and many more valuable items.

DRAGON HALF SHIELD (left): This is a VERY rare drop. If you get this, you are TRULY lucky. With this, and the right half, you can forge the greatest shield in the game: The dragon square shield. If you get one, simply buy the other half for 700k from the Legend's guild, and use the 2 pieces on an anvil. Again, if you actually get this..and don't want it..ILL TAKE IT!! Ok, kidding. But, if you do get this, in all seriousness, you are one VERY lucky individual.

End of Chapter.

The+Adaminator.png

69827172ou0.jpg

CHAPTER 5: The End.

Ok. Well, this is the end of the guide..so..umm..yeah.

Any and all feedback on this guide is appreciated (and wanted!). This is my very first guide to anything, so don't be too rough lol :lol:

Alright. Well, good luck killing Green Dragons, and I hope this guide helped you out! Again, I am VERY sorry I could not create stuff for rangers and mages too, but..I have no experience fighting the dragons with either of these combat styles, so I could not tell you this from experience.

Alrighty, well, GOODBYE! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

***NOTE*** Dun attack meh if ye see me! I had this one dude attack me today wit a whip, I protect from melee'd him, and DDS spec'd twice..he ran in PH332!11!!! you have been warned. Teh Adam teh Impaler is after j00!! :twisted:

For real now, bye.

The+Adaminator.png

69827172ou0.jpg

all i took was full red, rune helm + scimie and dds, lengend cape and some other stuff, and a drf-shield :wink: but now we can get [bleep]ed vambs :wink: but ppl did get good drops with roc... maybe that 1 is also nice to use...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

nice guide,

like the guy above me i wear full red, but with [bleep]y helm (cheap and can poision), dscimmy, normally only take tuna or lower for food as any higher is wasted.

I personally use the green dragons in 23 wild as you can canoe to them and glory tele out to edgeville bank and repeat.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

good guide but i have a sugestions

what to wear: a god cape (if you can manage to get one) helps a ton +10 mage def and they are free :0

also i bring a whip because i 4 item and dont get skulled

i have to agree its really just for nubs who don't use protection

now thats funny

My borrows blog!

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=603406&highlight=

It's decent. 4\10. The place you listed is horrible, very very horrible. You won't be able to get in an entire invintory without being pked\attempted pk. The one in lvl 39 is much MUCH more effecient, as I've seen one pker, and There are 12 or so dragons there. Not to mention, just take a canoe there then into the teleport pillars, then get to lvl 20- area and teleport.

[Admin Edit: No naming names in a negative light]

Well, there's a reason I listed that particular area:

1) You can teleport immediately if you area attacked.

2) It isn't very far from the edge of the wilderness.

3) It is the only spot I have visited.

I tried to use all of the stuff in this guide from my actual experience, so that I could actually tell you information about those particular topics in a more efficient matter. But, thank you for telling me about that spot! I will have to check it out. If this guide is still up by then, I will most definitely add any areas I visit onto the Chapters.

Anywho, thank you for all of your suggestions! I will look into them. And I will try and put up a list of some of the..'BEST' drops they can drop :wink:

The+Adaminator.png

69827172ou0.jpg

As for pictures, I will try. I have yet to get any screenshots though, but sometime or another I will try and get the following:

1) A picture of me in recommended equipment.

2) A picture of the spot I hunt at.

3) A pic of me fighting a dragon when it uses fire.

Ill try and 'edit' these a little to show you guys what I am talking about when Im going on about fire. I hope ths gets in AoW though! I doubt it will..but..hey! It's a goal to work for :)

The+Adaminator.png

69827172ou0.jpg

The level 11 spot isn't too great, as there are usually pkers there, with teleblock, entangle and spells, or ancients. I prefer the ones below the Lava Maze. Go to Varrock, get your armor, food, and bring some form of a teleport to Varrock. Go to the canoe place, make a waka, and select the wilderness stop. Head northwest, kill until you wanna stop, or run outta food, then go south to the altar thingy. Keep teleporting using the altars until you get to one under level 20 wildy, then teleport to Varrock.

There's very little people there, almost no pkers.

Yeah, there are MANY spot to hunt the Dragons, most of which are in the deeper parts of the wilderness.

Here is a Tip.it link to a map of the wilderness monsters.

http://www.tip.it/runescape/wild_map.htm

Thank you to Eeeeediot for mapping this, contributed by BigH140, and GreatSilverwyrm for keeping it up to date!

All of the concentrated spots where you can find the dragons that this map shows, are in:

Level 11 wilderness, to the FAR west.

ABOUT level 24-26 wilderness, on the FAR eats near the Lava Lakes.

About level 25 wilderness, northwest of the Graveyard of shadows.

About level 40 wilderness, outside of the southeast corner of the Lava Maze.

That is about all of the spots I saw on this map. If I am missing any, feel free to tell me! Either in a private message here, or a post on THIS forum.

PS: Im adding an updates section to the very first post. Check it regularly for updates to this guide.[/i]

The+Adaminator.png

69827172ou0.jpg