Visual Basic Programming Help

darkblade986

Ok, so here's what I'm doing. For another forum I go to that revolves around a TCG, someone made a suggestion of a Random Deck Generator. I've taken up this project, and it's going smoothly. However here's what I need to know...

When the project is finished, I need to have the file converted into an [Caution: ExecutableFile] or something that can be downloaded and run by other people without Visual Basic. What I need to know is how do I do this? I did it before in a computer class, however I don't remember how to.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

No, it's not there...

If it makes any difference, I'm using VB 6.0

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

find the folder where you store all your VB projects

Master project folder\Name of project\bin

Inside the bin there sould be a [Caution: ExecutableFile] file just copy it. and then double click to execute

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

find the folder where you store all your VB projects

Master project folder\Name of project\bin

Inside the bin there sould be a [Caution: ExecutableFile] file just copy it. and then double click to execute

That would be my desktop, and I don't see what you're talking about...

f475e02ecc.png

You haven't said what version you're using.

Look under the project menu. There is likely an option there called 'build' or something similar. It might be different for different versions.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

You haven't said what version you're using.

Look under the project menu. There is likely an option there called 'build' or something similar. It might be different for different versions.

3rd post of this topic. Quote from the disc, the program is "Working Model Visual Bsic 6.0 and Student Data Files for use with Programming in Visual Basic 6.0". Essentially this was a tutor disc, but it still has the full version...

f475e02ecc.png

Ok, quick little update here. I managed to find what command I'm supposed to use to make the project a [Caution: ExecutableFile] file, only problem is that it won't let me use that command. I don't know if it has to do with the version of Visual Basic I'm using or if there's something I'm supposed to do with the project first, although I have a gut feeling it's the first...

f475e02ecc.png

From my memory it should be under "build" or "compile" as far as I know. But I haven't touched VB since my last format (2 years ago or longer).

After that try looking for it on the desktop or in your documents.

A stupid question but have you saved all the project?

It's one form that I need to do, and I was looking in a book I have, "Programming in Visual Basic 6.0," and it was talking about "Make... [Caution: ExecutableFile]," so I know I have the right function. There is no Build option, and I can only do Compile after I've reached the dialog that the Make command brings up...

f475e02ecc.png

in the file option go down and under print setup there should be "make *[Caution: Executable File]"

*= what ever your project is named click that and pick the name you wont and your done

a91e22ec.gif
Aefx(started 11/1/2002) Cb: 200 TS: 1900+
Bmms--Jr(Started on 1/24/06)(Banned 11/13/09 ) Cb: 119(pre-eoc) TS: 1700+
Bmms(Started 8/?/2001)(Banned 1/24/06 ) Cb: 101(pre-eoc) TS: 1350+

in the file option go down and under print setup there should be "make *[Caution: Executable File]"

*= what ever your project is named click that and pick the name you wont and your done

To use a visual basic term, that option has been disabled, as in it's greyed out. I can't click it, and I'm trying to figure out if it's because I'm using a tutor-style version of the program or if there's something I need to do before I can use that option.

f475e02ecc.png

The thing I suggested earlier about building was only relevant to VS2003 onwards, I hadn't noticed where you said what you were using.

That is indeed the option you want, and it is possible that the fact it's a student version is why it won't compile. Still, I am surprised that you are being taught such an old version of VB.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

It is most likely because it's a tutor version.

There were a lot of restrictions on the VB 6 software we used my senior year in high school. One of those restrictions was being able to compile to exe's. All we were allowed to do was run them through the IDE as a "test" but couldn't export anything beyond that.

It may be different with your copy but that's my experience with school/tutor versions. :?

We had the same problem at our school - whenever we would try to build it, it would give us a bunch of errors about some restriction BS. The admins had to jury rig something, but our EXE's were automatically made when we built/compile, it would just be in the projects folder.

great... well now i have to clean out my e-mail of all the "you have a new response" messages from this forum, and I'll have to find someone who can compile it for me...

f475e02ecc.png