my website layouts!! plz comment . .version 2 uploaded :)

lemad11

i do'nt know really how to go on it . ..

and i wanna know how i can make it better. . .

bgs can change easily. . .most of hte bg was tut cuz i was trying out stuff. ..

and i know hte bevel is not the best choice .. .so thast why i wanna know wut i can do instead .. .

version 1

webpage.jpg

version 2

newlayout.jpg

Yeah...bevels are not a good choice. Just use yoru creativity fo rsomething else. Also, the bg for the content area doesn't look very good. You should just have a simple bg and have the contet stand out.

Yeah...bevels are not a good choice. Just use yoru creativity fo rsomething else. Also, the bg for the content area doesn't look very good. You should just have a simple bg and have the contet stand out.

yea. . .i know wut u mean .. i was going to leave the content area just black . .but then i thought it'd look strange wit a splash pic so busy and stuff ..

thx for your input :)

more comments :)

its a celica. . it was made in blender :)

i'm hoping to try and do that. .

the thing was origniall silver and i changed it .. and it got blurry when i shrank it ..

thx for the tut . .i'll look over it later. ..

keep the comments coming ;)

yea that web layout wasn't that great . .its way to wide. . .any other tuts/comments?

- It bearly made it halfway across my screen (1280x1024)...

- I assume text was going to be over the black/grey area? In which case, that's bad. Try and use a solid colour behind text.

- in regards to bevel, if you're going to use it, use it sparignly. it can work, but only if you know exactly what you're trying to do... like "sink" the page or such ;)

It could be a good layout if it's coded correctly :)

yes...indeed the bevel isnt very good, but its a good start, the design is cool

But I think ur picture needs a diffrent style... more tech-looking, and make it grey (looks good with ur grey back ground).

here's an example of what i mean:

http://img30.exs.cx/img30/2683/nacht.jpg

i just uploaded v2 . .. its not quite done yet .. i haven't done the main text box area. . .any suggestions for that???

and also keep giving helpful comments :)

so far everyones done a good job on that :)

At the moment it looks extremely unprofessional.

You can tell easily where all of the bevel & emboss and drop shadow layer styles have been used. The abstract background thing may look cool, but it doesn't work well for a website. The text also doesn't work well for a website.

IRKAa.jpg

k thx :)

i didn't want to use a bevel effect . .when i kept adding different effects it changed into a bevel effec.t . .anyways . i'l try and figure something out. . .and yea the abstract in the back doesn't work as well .. .its too busy .. ..i'm gonna see if i can get a less busy bg .. .