Question bout beating looters.

Viva_La_Mot

If you kill someone and there loot doesn't appear due to someone else dealing the most amount of damage in a certain time frame, what is the way to beat the looter? I couldnt' find the topic on it, something about dropping a shark? Lost a rune set to looters today, but if it was a whip I would of been p'ed off. :wall:

Thanks.

single_skill1135706929.png

ca%20tr%20in%20a.gif

Yes I do, if 2 people attack the same person, the person who does the MOST damage will get 1st choice at the drops. They will have 1 min before you even see the drops.

Thus the only way to beat them is to do MORE damage than them.

85pbfja.jpg

Geaux Tigers ! Congrats on a great year !

Mal-

He's asking what to do if neither person has done the majority of damage. If you've killed someone, but their "majority damager" is long gone, you'll be dealing with looters.

Glass-

Neat trick.

There are 10 types of people in the world:

* Those who understand binary

* Those who don't

- - -

Greatest J Mod Quote Ever / My bug collection / Raise your agility! / What exactly is "Anti-scam"?

Mal-

He's asking what to do if neither person has done the majority of damage. If you've killed someone, but their "majority damager" is long gone, you'll be dealing with looters.

Glass-

Neat trick.

Precisely.

Honestly, unless you go and fetch a looter of your own, you'll have to try and hope they're laggin and you have quick fingers (by right clicking on the pile and picking it up that way.) #-o

There isn't any real way "around" looters.. :(

Edit: Never heard of any tricks such as you posted, but that's most likely your best bet to try and beat them. :shock:

sigcompborderredpfm2.png

[101 Combat][1450+ Total]

[89 Strength][84 HP][80 Mage]

[Currently]

Your mother would be proud.

malhavok, I have a feeling you have no idea what he means by looters. Anyway, what you do is drop a shark on the pile and hole your curoser to the corner of the box. The looter will probably clicking in the middle so...

Corner of the box? Corner of the shark like? But when the pile appears wont I just end up picking up the shark I dropped? There was a thread on this ages ago but I can't find it lol.

ca%20tr%20in%20a.gif

Okay, time to put this topic to rest!

If you are fighting someone, and another person attacks the same person and does more damage than you, they will have 1 minute to pick and choose the spoils. There is NOTHING you can do to other than wait for the time til the leftovers appear.

Now if a looter decides to join you in the wait for the leftovers, only lag and luck wil help you. There is no secret or trick to getting the leftovers.

If you drop anything, they will not see it til 1 minute later. the only possible trick would be if they start clicking on the pile taking from the drop item down, and you right-click and select something good from the middle/bottom of the pile.

85pbfja.jpg

Geaux Tigers ! Congrats on a great year !

Okay, time to put this topic to rest!

If you are fighting someone, and another person attacks the same person and does more damage than you, they will have 1 minute to pick and choose the spoils. There is NOTHING you can do to other than wait for the time til the leftovers appear.

Now if a looter decides to join you in the wait for the leftovers, only lag and luck wil help you. There is no secret or trick to getting the leftovers.

If you drop anything, they will not see it til 1 minute later. the only possible trick would be if they start clicking on the pile taking from the drop item down, and you right-click and select something good from the middle/bottom of the pile.

There's a way to make the pile left clickable lol. :P

ca%20tr%20in%20a.gif