ITT Runescape have screen resolution settings.

Scudman126

Bascily I have a new computer (2.8ghz, 1gig RAM with a 512meg graphics card).

Any my new monitor is a monster of a widescreen monitor (1440x900 \' ). So, after logging into runescape for the time from getting my new computer about a week and a half ago (Been playing BF2142 fopr most of the time 8-) ) I noticed how little room on my new monitor runescape takes up.

On my old 800x600 it didnt even fit in on the whole screen, but now the screen is a rectangle in the centre of the screen dwarfed by the blackness around it (at least banners and adverts don't get in my way now).

I play play runescape ok, but ITT runescape start to support us with larger monitor, for I think playing runescape in 1440 x 900 would be great. :thumbsup:

EDIT: It is rather small actually, rather annoying...look for yourself:

http://xs410.xs.to/xs410/06504/rsscreenshot.PNG

I just tried a solution for you by running the game in the Opera browser and trying to make the screen bigger by 300%, doesn't work. It will just enlarge the other images but not the java applet itself.

Your best shot would be lowering your resolution while playing RS. I haven't played for ages, but I just tested it with my regular 1920x1080 resolution, even denser than yours, it's so small I wouldn't even bother reading any of the text the java applet shows.

Naturally, you change by: 8-) Desktop - > Right click -> Properties - > Settings tab.

Naturally, you change by: Desktop - > Right click -> Properties - > Settings tab.

Of course I know that.

But it's high tide runescape get with the Digital age and start to supoort other monitor expect 800x600.

EDIT: Do you know how ugly and discordinated my monitor is under 800x600. -.-

The positive thing is that the frame rate seems to be higher with a higher resolution, doesn't help much though if you can't even read what other people are saying.

They could make a bigger game window for different resolutions, the graphics would look very grainy though. I remember playing RSC years ago on a 640x480 resolution, it barely even resembled an old nintendo game of the 1980's.

EDIT: Do you know how ugly and discordinated my monitor is under 800x600.

Yes, and it hurts my eyes as well. Probably not going under anything that's less than 1024x resolution for the rest of my life, and I think most people, too, are by now accustomed to higher resolutions.

The positive thing is that the frame rate seems to be higher with a higher resolution, doesn't help much though if you can't even read what other people are saying.

They could make a bigger game window for different resolutions, the graphics would look very grainy though. I remember playing RSC years ago on a 640x480 resolution, it barely even resembled an old nintendo game of the 1980's.

Runescape will not support higher monitors for it will show the flaws in their own graphics engine. :XD:

Oh well, I'll try playing normally, or I could just go on my old PC to play runescape, but my old PC takes ages to load up, but nah, this computer is my own, it is in my room. ::'

I have the same problem, but I have my desktop arragned diffrerently...

I have my Browser HALF way across the screen, and then MSN next to it, with itunes just above MSN. here:

picture1uw7.th.png

EDIT: Lamborghini's ftw!!!

addymwccape,Arkano5.gif

Arkano5.gif

I have the same problem, but I have my desktop arragned diffrerently...

I have my Browser HALF way across the screen, and then MSN next to it, with itunes just above MSN. here:

picture1uw7.th.png

EDIT: Lamborghini's ftw!!!

*Laugh at your Mac and lack of right clicking*

You should see mine :lol:

I find it quite nice though. You can fit things all around Runescape so you can see everything. As someone earlier pointed out, I can have Runescape in the middle of my screen, MSN to the left and another application to the right, if I desire.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog