chrismass event reward and guide

kamikaze914

China?

Irregardless of whether or not countries are democratic or not, people do have a right to complain about the quality of events. It is JaGEx's game, but as players we too are a party of the game: customers.

Consider if we go to a restaurant, and we get a free dessert with our meal, perhaps an ice cream sundae. If someone uses half melted ice cream and sloppily adds a drop of fudge topping, and the overall presentation of the dessert is bad, we still have a right to complain about quality as we are customers of JaGEx. All players, f2p or p2p, are customers; members pay JaGEx directly, and f2p looks at the flashing ads. And we get what we pay for; members pay more money and get more content, while f2p deals with the few adverts and thus gets the basic content free. Now, because we are customers, we have the right to complain about the service we are offered.

People argue that the holiday events are just bonuses JaGEx does, and that they don't have to do it. However, if an update was used for this event, people have the right to expect a certain caliber of work, and if they feel JaGEx did not do a good job, then they have every right to complain; the game is their service, and as their customers we have the right to complain about the service provided.

My personal opinion was that in the massive number of updates they were creating they "rushed" the Xmas event. Compared to the standard they set last year with Diangos workshop and the Varrock Xmas tree, the event was below average. The hat was ok, but the emote is trash; I can barely tell what my character is doing. The only good part is the sparkling effect. The "glowing" effect on the nose is barely noticable, which it doesn't have to be; the glow could have been made larger and maybe a brighter color. Also, the snow effect could have been done with smaller particles spaced out mroe so that it would look decent in both high and low quality. Additionally, the event could have been more

involved.

Edit: Fixed a mistake where instead of saying "high and low quality" i said "f2p and p2p" :oops:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

China?

Irregardless of whether or not countries are democratic or not, people do have a right to complain about the quality of events. It is JaGEx's game, but as players we too are a party of the game: customers.

Consider if we go to a restaurant, and we get a free dessert with our meal, perhaps an ice cream sundae. If someone uses half melted ice cream and sloppily adds a drop of fudge topping, and the overall presentation of the dessert is bad, we still have a right to complain about quality as we are customers of JaGEx. All players, f2p or p2p, are customers; members pay JaGEx directly, and f2p looks at the flashing ads. And we get what we pay for; members pay more money and get more content, while f2p deals with the few adverts and thus gets the basic content free. Now, because we are customers, we have the right to complain about the service we are offered.

People argue that the holiday events are just bonuses JaGEx does, and that they don't have to do it. However, if an update was used for this event, people have the right to expect a certain caliber of work, and if they feel JaGEx did not do a good job, then they have every right to complain; the game is their service, and as their customers we have the right to complain about the service provided.

My personal opinion was that in the massive number of updates they were creating they "rushed" the Xmas event. Compared to the standard they set last year with Diangos workshop and the Varrock Xmas tree, the event was below average. The hat was ok, but the emote is trash; I can barely tell what my character is doing. The only good part is the sparkling effect. The "glowing" effect on the nose is barely noticable, which it doesn't have to be; the glow could have been made larger and maybe a brighter color. Also, the snow effect could have been done with smaller particles spaced out mroe so that it would look decent in both f2p and p2p. Additionally, the event could have been more involved.

yay some1 agrees with me and im not sure about China... *looks it up* it is under communist rules but they still have all the same rights as a democratic country besides the fact that they are not given the choice about which oarty rules them.... and in a democratic society, there really is not any oarty that is dramaticly different from the other, they all stand for the same thing but have little disagreements, so were not even really given a choice....

China?

My personal opinion was that in the massive number of updates they were creating they "rushed" the Xmas event. Compared to the standard they set last year with Diangos workshop and the Varrock Xmas tree, the event was below average. The hat was ok, but the emote is trash; I can barely tell what my character is doing. The only good part is the sparkling effect. The "glowing" effect on the nose is barely noticable, which it doesn't have to be; the glow could have been made larger and maybe a brighter color. Also, the snow effect could have been done with smaller particles spaced out mroe so that it would look decent in both high and low quality. Additionally, the event could have been more

involved.

Edit: Fixed a mistake where instead of saying "high and low quality" i said "f2p and p2p" :oops:

Totally agree with ya, I was just put off by people just assuming we're all democratic. But yeah, this is a post I posted sometime ago:

Holiday items r supposed to be an extra update that jagex gives us for playing runescape.... They r doing us a favour by even giving us these items..

who are you guys kidding, and i mean all the people who say "we should be grateful we get anything at all"

umm... no...

of course they _have_ to have holiday items or such, it's an online game, and like gaiaonline, and many other games and such there's events and items and such. Why? Because we know it doesn't take much for them to release this stuff... Because if they stop this game will become boring with even less updates and it will die.... Because we are the customers, and we expect it that's why >.> That's the way this kind of thing works...

Specially since the game isn't exactly the best graphics out there... honestly... We pay half to a fourth of the usual mmorpg price for about one tenth the graphics...

People say we shouldn't complain and be glad we get anythinng like we aren't the customer. Of course we have a right to complain, and have a right to expect. If we were all free we would still have that right because they are the supplier, and we are the takers :/

Unless they paid for all of it out of the goodness of their hearts, then we wouldn't be able to say anything <.<

wonder if a present is delivered under the tree on christmas day...

Theres so much hate towards this new chirstmas event I hope there isn't a present. The whiners don't deserve it! :shame:

thats very true :shame:

i second that, well said =D>

Kane531.png

The world is full of self proclaimed experts who really don't know what they are talking about.

kane531.png

China?

involved.

Totally agree with ya, I was just put off by people just assuming we're all democratic. But yeah, this is a post I posted sometime ago:

Holiday items r supposed to be an extra update that jagex gives us for playing runescape.... They r doing us a favour by even giving us these items..

who are you guys kidding, and i mean all the people who say "we should be grateful we get anything at all"

umm... no...

of course they _have_ to have holiday items or such, it's an online game, and like gaiaonline, and many other games and such there's events and items and such. Why? Because we know it doesn't take much for them to release this stuff... Because if they stop this game will become boring with even less updates and it will die.... Because we are the customers, and we expect it that's why >.> That's the way this kind of thing works...

Specially since the game isn't exactly the best graphics out there... honestly... We pay half to a fourth of the usual mmorpg price for about one tenth the graphics...

People say we shouldn't complain and be glad we get anythinng like we aren't the customer. Of course we have a right to complain, and have a right to expect. If we were all free we would still have that right because they are the supplier, and we are the takers :/

Unless they paid for all of it out of the goodness of their hearts, then we wouldn't be able to say anything <.<

someone is getting greedy and snobby :notalk:

Kane531.png

The world is full of self proclaimed experts who really don't know what they are talking about.

kane531.png

no.1 I AM ALLOWED TO COMPLAIN I PAYED THEM TO PLAY THIS GAME SO I SHOULD EXPECT I CERTAIN DEGREE OF QUALITY and this does not live up to it!

no.2 we have every right to complain, the same right you do not to complain

no.3 everyone is allowed to express there opinion whether u agree with it or not, we live in a democracy dont complain because people say they dont like it!

umm, i think you mean "you" live in a democracy...

yes the world does not revolve around you and other people do exist :-#

actually smart [wagon] all the useres and the countries that are on the world select pages are democratic country's

'the world does not revolve around you and other people do exist'' that was the whole point of my thread u [bleep]!

Actually a "userer" doesn't need to be in those places to hook up into the game... It's called the _world_ wide web >.>... :-$

name a country that is not democratic... i think ull find that not even Korea lives under non democratic rules =;

there is no true democracy... even the united states is a demorcatic republic... we vote for people to vote... not exactly people... but you get my point... a true democracy means every person has a say... and every vote goes into 1 count... the electoral votes are what count, not the individual votes...

even then... some countries with no degree of democracy include...

-cuba

-china

-north korea

Kane531.png

kane531.png

no.1 I AM ALLOWED TO COMPLAIN I PAYED THEM TO PLAY THIS GAME SO I SHOULD EXPECT I CERTAIN DEGREE OF QUALITY and this does not live up to it!

no.2 we have every right to complain, the same right you do not to complain

no.3 everyone is allowed to express there opinion whether u agree with it or not, we live in a democracy dont complain because people say they dont like it!

umm, i think you mean "you" live in a democracy...

yes the world does not revolve around you and other people do exist :-#

actually smart [wagon] all the useres and the countries that are on the world select pages are democratic country's

'the world does not revolve around you and other people do exist'' that was the whole point of my thread u [bleep]!

Actually a "userer" doesn't need to be in those places to hook up into the game... It's called the _world_ wide web >.>... :-$

name a country that is not democratic... i think ull find that not even Korea lives under non democratic rules =;

there is no true democracy... even the united states is a demorcatic republic... we vote for people to vote... not exactly people... but you get my point... a true democracy means every person has a say... and every vote goes into 1 count... the electoral votes are what count, not the individual votes...

even then... some countries with no degree of democracy include...

-cuba

-china

-north korea

Even then it would absolute democracy :-k

Bah! Let me just go back to being snobby! :wink: :notalk: :notalk: :notalk: