Help me write a song!

chicodallasman

Well, my friends would let me join their band (as lead singer W00T) but I need to write a song... Problem is I can't think of ANYTHING! Can ya pleeeease help? Free cookie to anyone that helps! (Ok, ya old joke) So, could you please give me a topic for a song? And if your feeling EXTRA genorous, perhaps a few ideas? The band is classic rock influenced (if you even get that lol) so anything along those lines. Also, we plan on playing it in a school talent show, so nothing racy please :P. And if people want I'll post the song when I'm done it :P.

Thanks in advance :)

maxsig28nv.gif

Guess i'm not exactly the best person to give you any tips, because i struggle very hard to write lyrics i like. At least you probably don't have to choose a language first. That's already good.

One thing first: It's at least as important how you sing as what you sing.

When you are done writing your lyrics, you shoud already have in mind how this song is supposed to sound. Is it supposed to be angry, fun, disturbing, melancholic, or whatever. To choose a topic, you should pick something you have strong feelings towards at the moment you write. This could be something that pisses you on, a fun thought you just had, or some scenario you just dreamed up. <-- i guess all that is kinda obvious.

Good lyrics can't be forced. Also don't limit yourself by forcing ryhmes and this stereotype verse/chorus scheme on your song. There are great songs without ryhmes and/or without chorus.

It's rare that a song just falls into place. Usually you write something, then time passes and later you pick it up, alter it, remove some lines, add new ones, add a riff, remove a riff, build in a new part and so on. A song is never finished (well, maybe when it is on an album).

Don't think too much about it! (That's my bane. I always think about it and censor everything i write and do, do i never get anything done.)

Get them to write music first. Sit with a notepad and listen to the music, and write down what it tells you.

Vocals should be an integral part of music, not a layer on top.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.