making a game like runescape

Apollo

Yes, and lots and lots of money. Maybe a few 100 grand to get started? And that won't buy you very many servers.

I doubt it cost the gower brothers that much to make the first incarnation of Runescape.. but yeah - if u want anything like today's RS then ur gonna need a team of programmers a few supercomputers and a shedload of money and servers

Tk5SF.png

you dont need to buy servers, you would probably rent them, its the bandwidth you would need to pay for.

Anyway the game itself may not be that hard to actually model. As long as you know the language its writen it wether it java c++ or what it may be. The problem would be in maintaining it, and keeping it updated and secure.

To make a game like runescape you would need to know low and high level programming (low being things in the computer, and high being things that sit on it, such as windows, websites). The programmers of Runescape are pure genious, not online can they provide a free version of one of ther most popular games, but they also provide it over the net. Not many multiplayer games can be played from the net.

viewtopic.php?p=3956321#3956321 Click here to view my guide to Your Kingdom

Ive made myself a game like runescape with 2 friends of mine. It was accuately fairly hard and we ran into a few problems. It's pretty cheap to becuz its fairly small. I suggest to make a game were you dont see nothing happen you just click and read. Those are good to start out.

sandmansig.jpg

Pyromancer, next time you touch my signature, dont take everything about buddy.

This is Zoidnerd, im banned on rs for 2 moar dais so smd kai? Btw a cooked bread once told me he did things to little boys. I didnt name any names so deal with it.

Well you should know your computer programming languages and have time. I have no experience with programming, but I'm sure the original Runescape (before friends list era) wasn't too hard to do. It just takes some time, some luck, and money to make it big :)

==================================

Retired tip.it moderator.

Teaching and inspiring.

is there any expirence to make a game like runescape?

Based on the intelligence you just prooved to us, I think you would have a very rough time of it.

- Only character in Runescape History maxed out in RSC and RS2

x843.png

is there any expirence to make a game like runescape?

Based on the intelligence you just prooved to us, I think you would have a very rough time of it.

Yeh, People could help you personally better if you included if you knew anything already, and what. That post sounds like a 12 year old trying to bet himself into something he can't.