Pantim's Guide to owning at Barrows for ALL levels

Owned_Nex

PantimÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s guide to barrows.

This is my second guide, so be nice. This guide is for showing you how to do barrows fast and easy with your own(or kind friend whoÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s obsessed with his house).

Requirements: 49 con(drink tea), Kyrall(sp?) portal, oak alter(or better) Been to Barrows atleast 1 time. Use of slayer dart(or other spell), some ranging stuff.

You should ware something to this extent. If you are slayer darting.

Barrowsamrourgood.jpg

Torag helm-another Barrows helm-Rune helm

Torag plate-Other Barrows plate-Rune plate

Torag legs-Other Barrows legs-Rune legs

Fury(I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t have)-Glory-Magic Ammy

God Cape(lost mine)-Ghostly cape-another cape

Rune Arrows-Bolt Racks-Crystal Bow-lesser arrow type, I find that personally Karil and Crystal are very slow.

Ring of life-You need it-seriously

And inventory

GoodBarrowsitems.jpg

Now I will explain the BASIC concept.

You will bring NOTED foods and NOTED prayer pots. In your house, pray at alter, USE the prayer pots(noted) on your servant. Get him to unnote your foods and prayer pots. Then go into Kyrall portal. Make your way to Barrows.

This will focus on using slayer dart, NOT ancient magic.

Go into Dhoraks tomb. Pray at All time, kill him

Then Karil, pray like Dhorak..

Go to Ahrims home, own him with range. Prayer not NEEDED, but make sure you have spare foods.

Now kill the other melee brothers with magic.

When your done, use house teletablet, or house teleport. Repeat.

High Level Slayer Dart way.

Requirements: Torag or other barrows armour, high magic level, good defense (70+)

Go to Dhorak. PRAY AT ALL TIME

Go to Verac, kill with prayer. Then Karil, use up your prayer.

Now it gets harder, go to Ahrim, do not pray but be careful. With your armour you shouldnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t take to much damage. Eat if you must. Super sets recommended if you melee

Do this for others.

Repeat.

VeracÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s way.

This way is EXTREMLY RISKY, and should not be tried by players under level 90. If you die you will lose a 2M helm, and other things.

Things you should have: Super Sets, food, prayer pots. Range stuff for Ahrim. DDS optional but it helps a lot.

First off super set, then go to Dhorak. PRAY AT ALL TIME.

Then Karil. Prayer is not needed for most, but food is.

Use remaining prayer (if any is left) on Verac.

Next kill The other brothers and open chest.

If you do this way, be sure that you can take hits from the brothers, and not have to pray. This way is only cheap if you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t use many prayer potions, if attempted at lower lvls, you will use more food then magic.

God Spells Way

Recommended: runes to cast god spells 200 times, Prayer Pots, Range stuff. Highly Recommended: Be able to cast ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅchargeÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

I guess this has good details, its just a little messy. Throw in some color or pictures.

I don't get the thing with noting p pots and food to get your servant to un note. It is just as fast(and takes up less space) to just use the bank in Canifis. Also you say use torag and show the picture with dharok armor.

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

I know, I am waring Dhoraks, because i didn;t have Torags at the time, but I was advising it, just like I was aring a glory, but advising a fury. The noting thing is helpful, because if ur short a few food or pots, u can go to Mort'ton genral store to unnote it, instead of going to ur house and redoing it all

Owned_Nex.png

I take them for security, i usually only use 1 dose, or 2 if dh or karil tunnel, but its there in case i forget

Owned_Nex.png

Overall it's a good guide, but just a few things that I see as a big mistake.

Firstly, if you can get a god cape then GET IT, it's a massive help.

Rune Arrows-Bolt Racks-Crystal Bow-lesser arrow type, I find that personally Karil and Crystal are very slow.

PLEASE tell me that the last part was a joke. I've done over 100 runs using crystal bows and karils and tripled my net worth, so don't think I'm just some random rambling about this.

Karil's bow - This be-yoot is opposite to what you say, it is FAST. In fact, it's the very same speed as a short bow, not to mention SO much stronger then rune arrows AND accurate then even a mage composite bow. What makes it better even more is that you make profit in the ammo, but with rune you loose arrows and are forced to go into the market, sell your bolt racks, and buy yours rune arrows. Not fun. This bow is exactly twice ahrims attack rate from what I notice.

Now the crystal bow, as you say it IS slow (according to the knowledge base it's between a shortbow's and longbow's speed) but that doesn't mean it's anywhere NEAR the power of a mage bow. It's way higher :) . The accuracy with this bow.... Incredible. I mean, at 10/10 charges you get 100 range attack bonus, does not get better then that! The power of it is also huge, more so then the x-bow I think (only been using x-bow for the last 20 trips, so not as experienced with it). Also, no need to buy ammo for it just a quick trip to the elf land using a elf crystal. A crystal bow will attack at the same rate as Ahrim. But remember, a 0 with this while in black d hides and 10/10 is REALLY rare, so don't jump to conclussions with Karil's bow.

Sorry, I really had to get that off my chest. Don't take it as a flame or insult to the guide :wink:

The inventory - why unnote items and waste time waiting for your butler when there's a bank right next to the teleport spot that is kharyl? I don't see the point there. Not to mention you get more inventory space the banking way incase verac decides to go on a hitting-high spree.

Also, lobsters may not work so well for combat level ~100.

Lastly before I head of, there is absoloutely no reason to use Dharoks armour in barrows. Why? Because you can sell it for torags which not only give slightly better defence but you lose MUCH less money if you happen to die. Why risk it? You don't get medals for useless risks.

However the order you do barrows is just like mine and it works great with minimum risks (you'll fight dharok with full prayer so even if you lag out your character will kill him, because you wont need to drink pray pots or anything. That's pretty much the number one thing of importance here. Saved my life twice.).

Happy barrowing,

~Red~

Overall it's a good guide, but just a few things that I see as a big mistake.

Firstly, if you can get a god cape then GET IT, it's a massive help.

PLEASE tell me that the last part was a joke. I've done over 100 runs using crystal bows and karils and tripled my net worth, so don't think I'm just some random rambling about this.

Karil's bow - This be-yoot is opposite to what you say, it is FAST. In fact, it's the very same speed as a short bow, not to mention SO much stronger then rune arrows AND accurate then even a mage composite bow. What makes it better even more is that you make profit in the ammo, but with rune you loose arrows and are forced to go into the market, sell your bolt racks, and buy yours rune arrows. Not fun. This bow is exactly twice ahrims attack rate from what I notice.

Now the crystal bow, as you say it IS slow (according to the knowledge base it's between a shortbow's and longbow's speed) but that doesn't mean it's anywhere NEAR the power of a mage bow. It's way higher :) . The accuracy with this bow.... Incredible. I mean, at 10/10 charges you get 100 range attack bonus, does not get better then that! The power of it is also huge, more so then the x-bow I think (only been using x-bow for the last 20 trips, so not as experienced with it). Also, no need to buy ammo for it just a quick trip to the elf land using a elf crystal. A crystal bow will attack at the same rate as Ahrim. But remember, a 0 with this while in black d hides and 10/10 is REALLY rare, so don't jump to conclussions with Karil's bow.

Sorry, I really had to get that off my chest. Don't take it as a flame or insult to the guide :wink:

The inventory - why unnote items and waste time waiting for your butler when there's a bank right next to the teleport spot that is kharyl? I don't see the point there. Not to mention you get more inventory space the banking way incase verac decides to go on a hitting-high spree.

Also, lobsters may not work so well for combat level ~100.

Lastly before I head of, there is absoloutely no reason to use Dharoks armour in barrows. Why? Because you can sell it for torags which not only give slightly better defence but you lose MUCH less money if you happen to die. Why risk it? You don't get medals for useless risks.

However the order you do barrows is just like mine and it works great with minimum risks (you'll fight dharok with full prayer so even if you lag out your character will kill him, because you wont need to drink pray pots or anything. That's pretty much the number one thing of importance here. Saved my life twice.).

Happy barrowing,

~Red~

No, I was NOT joking, the crystal bow on rapid is the same speed as the MSB on accurate, my range lvl is 71, so the crystal bow max for me is only 1 more. Karil is ok, but it dosnt have the specials, which i like to use for a quick KO.

"yes and why dont we bank in canifis instead of wasting money on our butler?"

mrmyk, like I explained before, there had been rare occasions which i ran outta food because the brothers hit high that time. Instead of going back to house and restarting, you can save 10 min by going to Mortton gen store and unnoting ur supplies

Owned_Nex.png

Try to add some more information, and try to make this guide a little less cluttered. I had a hard time understanding you, because of this. Also, you don't need to unote anything using a butler, you can just take new things out of canfis bank...It takes about 2 mins to get from canfis bank to barrows, maybe even less. I should time it.

You can add me if you want, my chat is almost always on =)

Barrows guide...no prayer potions needed?

1200/1400 cw tickets. (updated every 100)

No, I was NOT joking, the crystal bow on rapid is the same speed as the MSB on accurate, my range lvl is 71, so the crystal bow max for me is only 1 more. Karil is ok, but it dosnt have the specials, which i like to use for a quick KO.

mrmyk, like I explained before, there had been rare occasions which i ran outta food because the brothers hit high that time. Instead of going back to house and restarting, you can save 10 min by going to Mortton gen store and unnoting ur supplies

If you want to use the specs good, bring a dds, defender and a (super) att pot. I mean one spec, which even has a lower change of hitting, against just a much stronger or a stronger bow, which is very fast. :-k hmm, let me think, which should I chose? I think I'll go for the powerfull bow with dds specs, you can use four of them and only one short bow spec. (If you can use 2, you must be killing him very slowly, which means you're doing something wrong)

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

If you want to use the specs good, bring a dds, defender and a (super) att pot. I mean one spec, which even has a lower change of hitting, against just a much stronger or a stronger bow, which is very fast. :-k hmm, let me think, which should I chose? I think I'll go for the powerfull bow with dds specs, you can use four of them and only one short bow spec. (If you can use 2, you must be killing him very slowly, which means you're doing something wrong)

I use rapid with rune arrows. I have tried with dds, and with 74 atk and 85 str, i don't advise it without super atk and str. What is your range lvl? For me, the more "powerful" bow's max is only 1 more then my rune arrows for me.

Owned_Nex.png

lol no offence but this is the worst guide i have ever read. you didn't bother to explain the tunnels, you take high risks (dh armour and a fury????) other than that, it's an okay guide.

Did you even read my whol;e guide? That amrour is just what is best. If your afraid of dying, then bring rune. If your afraid to bring rune, then you really shouldnt be doing Barrows

Owned_Nex.png

err u need to have done desert trausere to make the kallyh or the canfis portal work :(

Mojo477 has had to quit members so i need friends to talk to on my pure Lived4devil so please add her

"The elves having helped create the crystal saw is like Greenpeace having helped create a nuclear seal skinner"