World 2 =Scammer Heaven?

Lord Diddy

Well i've recently been on world 2, selling\buying all the various items that i needed.

Then i walk up to the veracs section where i was going to buy a verac set, as usual the person tried to scam me, but i look carefully and declined. Just a second after the trade ended i clicked the "Report Abuse" button as they say. But then i found out that after putting the name in perfectly (no mistakes) it says "You can only send a report abuse for someone you have TRADED or talked with recently"

From this i looked and went to the Infinty section and tried buying a Mage's book, well i found a person scaming with it, and after the trade i immediatly without a miskate, reported him for Item Scamming.

Is it just me or does the Report Abuse not work in world 2 because of the massive amount of text? Maybe i did somthing wrong in my part of reporting? :wall:

If in wrong section please move.

Discuss

No Flaming for "Wannabe Mod", im just trying to make Rs better

randomkcopyq.png

The "screenshot" sent to jagex is a screenshot of your own box. Also, the report abuse button works if you've engaged in a trade, but you have to reach the second trade screen first.

Anyways, it should just send it anyways and jagex looks for whatever trading you've engaged in and checks those for scam attempts..

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

The "screenshot" sent to jagex is a screenshot of your own box. Also, the report abuse button works if you've engaged in a trade, but you have to reach the second trade screen first.

Anyways, it should just send it anyways and jagex looks for whatever trading you've engaged in and checks those for scam attempts..

What? :?

you don't have to be in the second trade screen :roll:

Example: You put up Veracs

They put 4700k

They put D scimmy, 200k, and some junk, quickly change it to

47004 gp.

You don't have to be in the second trade screen to engage a report.

It's because of the mass chatting. The chat pushes the trade offer off the chat box making it seem to the abuse button that they haven;t traded recently. The same thing happens in world 18. They trade, wait for their 'Sending Trade Offer' to disappear, then offer the money to scam. It's almost too smart for scammers...:-k

Its simple....Your chat is on "Hide" so you can easly accept trades. so the "[name] wishes to trade with you." sign dissapears half way through the trade due to the giant amount of text so when you go to report them nothing happens.

addymwccape,Arkano5.gif

Arkano5.gif

they log off right after so it resets their chatbox, it's almost impossible to stop.
This actually isn't true a lot of the time, simply because it can take 10 minutes to get back in the world.

lol, it takes 2 minutes if you have VEEEERY bad luck... just put it in your favourites and use the link....

Headshotcatcher.png