Buying Sig 2M Winners chose!

Toad

But why would he want 3 sigs?

Hmm. Well, maybe 1st, 2nd and 3rd would be more of an incentive for lots of people to join. But then again, a single 2m prize might make more confident sig makers want to try out... :? guess it's up to smellysocks!

im on holiday on sunday for a week so i cant start saving for more money i have school and stuff so it will stand as 2M

Yeah, but regardless of where you're going, you promised you'd pay for 1st/2nd/3rd prizes, and you should keep that promise... That's a very, very cheap 'tactic' of drawing in more competition, whether intentional or not... You can't say you'll pay something, then one the 18th or 19th page, go back on the offer, after everyones acted accordingly to your statement... *sigh*, I fear this may turn into another 'MinerNav' thread...

I think that you should at least split the 2 mil and make a 2nd and 3rd, as others have said. This way at least the best 3 go home with something in their pockets.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do have a point. I suppose it is only fair that there be runner up prizes since they were promised (I didn't know about this, but I'll take your word for it) :) As for splitting the money I like vladmoney's idea:

it doesnt even have to be that big of an offset really, maybe just something like 1.7mill, 200k, and 100k. Just as long as people who tried dont go home with absolutely nothing.

I think 200k is pretty darn good for a runner up prize and the first prize is still close enough to 2m. There's no point spending too much on sigs that you won't be using :?:, but it's only fair to keep your promises (And no extra work needed since you're taking the runner up prizes from the main prize fund). Whether you then would own the runner up sigs, I guess you would be up to you. Dunno know how you would feel seeing something you payed for being sold to someone else (Just remember ppl in this thread saying they would sell the sig if it didn't win).

As for my entry... Thanks for the comments and suggestions they're appreciated! :D

@Smellysocks: I liked the speech bubbles lol! But they were only a temporary joke so they won't be in the finished version :P as for the water, I wasn't planning on leaving it blank and it's next on my agenda. :)

@Blazer: Don't worry lol I am going to hand pixel the water :P

@Plastique/Dreamlove: I'm not sure about changing the shark (Except minor-ish adjustments) :? I think I'm with Dreamlove on this one.

As for the mouth I was thinking that it looked a little offset compared to the outline, and the shadows are a litte off. I kind of like the "vortex to another dimension" thing :lol:. I will see what I can do!

You do have a point. I suppose it is only fair that there be runner up prizes since they were promised (I didn't know about this, but I'll take your word for it) :) As for splitting the money I like vladmoney's idea:

it doesnt even have to be that big of an offset really, maybe just something like 1.7mill, 200k, and 100k. Just as long as people who tried dont go home with absolutely nothing.

I think 200k is pretty darn good for a runner up prize and the first prize is still close enough to 2m. There's no point spending too much on sigs that you won't be using :?:, but it's only fair to keep your promises (And no extra work needed since you're taking the runner up prizes from the main prize fund). Whether you then would own the runner up sigs, I guess you would be up to you. Dunno know how you would feel seeing something you payed for being sold to someone else (Just remember ppl in this thread saying they would sell the sig if it didn't win).

As for my entry... Thanks for the comments and suggestions they're appreciated! :D

@Smellysocks: I liked the speech bubbles lol! But they were only a temporary joke so they won't be in the finished version :P as for the water, I wasn't planning on leaving it blank and it's next on my agenda. :)

@Blazer: Don't worry lol I am going to hand pixel the water :P

@Plastique/Dreamlove: I'm not sure about changing the shark (Except minor-ish adjustments) :? I think I'm with Dreamlove on this one.

As for the mouth I was thinking that it looked a little offset compared to the outline, and the shadows are a litte off. I kind of like the "vortex to another dimension" thing :lol:. I will see what I can do!

dudes you can change his will/opinion if he says only a 1st price then its only first price, if you lose try selling it (wont get as much but still)

Yea, I can't change his mind, but I'm just telling him what he's doing is wrong... It's like false advertising, sort of... I don't think it was intentional, but the point still is that he drew in hard work and time, by adding a 2nd/3rd prize, and now hes taking it away... As Blazer said before, 'make up your mind'...

I can't make up his mind or his decisions, but he really shouldn't be allowed to go back on a promise, ESPECICALLY ON THE 18TH PAGE (app.)... It's just like this: You can't say you'll pay 2 M, and then when everyone has entered, say you're only paying 1 mil now... That was an example, but it's the same scenario, he said he would pay a 1st/2nd/3rd prize, so he should. You don't change at the last minute, when it's too late for anyone else to change their mind...

I'm sure alotta people entered on the thought that they might get atleast 250k or wateva 3rd prize was... You raised their hopes, now you're taking them down... If you said there'd be ONE prize, and stuck with that, you'd have a lot less competition, that fact remains...

I know I, and no1 else for that matter, can really stop you, but it's just really stupid what you're doing...

dudes you can change his will/opinion if he says only a 1st price then its only first price, if you lose try selling it (wont get as much but still)

Yea, I can't change his mind, but I'm just telling him what he's doing is wrong... It's like false advertising, sort of... I don't think it was intentional, but the point still is that he drew in hard work and time, by adding a 2nd/3rd prize, and now hes taking it away... As Blazer said before, 'make up your mind'...

I can't make up his mind or his decisions, but he really shouldn't be allowed to go back on a promise, ESPECICALLY ON THE 18TH PAGE (app.)... It's just like this: You can't say you'll pay 2 M, and then when everyone has entered, say you're only paying 1 mil now... That was an example, but it's the same scenario, he said he would pay a 1st/2nd/3rd prize, so he should. You don't change at the last minute, when it's too late for anyone else to change their mind...

I'm sure alotta people entered on the thought that they might get atleast 250k or wateva 3rd prize was... You raised their hopes, now you're taking them down... If you said there'd be ONE prize, and stuck with that, you'd have a lot less competition, that fact remains...

I know I, and no1 else for that matter, can really stop you, but it's just really stupid what you're doing...

'

ooh somehow for some reason looking at numbers gave me a idea.. , hows about he gives the second and third place later..? thhen the 1st price

signature_1.gif

'

ooh somehow for some reason looking at numbers gave me a idea.. , hows about he gives the second and third place later..? thhen the 1st price

signature_1.gif

'

Sry, I don't really know what you mean... You mean, he gives the 1st place money now (cause he has it already), and then when he gets time, he gets money and pays 2nd and 3rd, later on? If that's what you mean, that's a great idea :D

'

Sry, I don't really know what you mean... You mean, he gives the 1st place money now (cause he has it already), and then when he gets time, he gets money and pays 2nd and 3rd, later on? If that's what you mean, that's a great idea :D

You mean like give first place 2m for the sig, then pay the runners up when he's back from his holiday? :? I think that could work, but I wouldn't want to give smellysocks too much work either. So I still like the idea of 1st=1.7m, 2=200k, 3=100k then maybe even let 2nd/3rd sell their sigs on, but as I said it's up to smellysocks whether he wants to allow that.

You mean like give first place 2m for the sig, then pay the runners up when he's back from his holiday? :? I think that could work, but I wouldn't want to give smellysocks too much work either. So I still like the idea of 1st=1.7m, 2=200k, 3=100k then maybe even let 2nd/3rd sell their sigs on, but as I said it's up to smellysocks whether he wants to allow that.

Some really nice entries you've got there guys :) keep up the good work

Okay I got some time to work on my entry today :D here it is so far

smellysocks2.gif

I got rid of the cartoony eye on the shark, obviously coloured in the rest of the shark, the guy and the wood platform thing, and I added the splash which I will probably AA or something. (egh the gif mangled slightly, only minescule probs though)

The speech bubbles are there as a joke just incase you were wondering...lol :lol:

It looks very good, I love the character, but the inside part of the mouth looks like it is made from another angle then the shark is made, thats why it looks a little weird IMHO.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Some really nice entries you've got there guys :) keep up the good work

Okay I got some time to work on my entry today :D here it is so far

smellysocks2.gif

I got rid of the cartoony eye on the shark, obviously coloured in the rest of the shark, the guy and the wood platform thing, and I added the splash which I will probably AA or something. (egh the gif mangled slightly, only minescule probs though)

The speech bubbles are there as a joke just incase you were wondering...lol :lol:

It looks very good, I love the character, but the inside part of the mouth looks like it is made from another angle then the shark is made, thats why it looks a little weird IMHO.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Guest Dreamlove
Here's an update of mine.

blazerssharksketchsample222.png

I'm thinking of redoing the character with a more actiony pose. Opinions?

no offence but the insides of the shark's mouth looks as if its got a ton of ittle bittle minnows... :shock:

kinda like anchovies or something, but its totally weird and kinda gross... to me anyway :P

anyway abt the 1st prize 2nd prize thing, i personally think that 1.7mil for 1st prize, 200k pm 2nd and 100k for 3rd is a good idea, as those who DIDNT win the contest will at least get some dosh for their work

just my 2 cents

:wink:

Guest Dreamlove

blazerssharksketchsample222.png

no offence but the insides of the shark's mouth looks as if its got a ton of ittle bittle minnows... :shock:

kinda like anchovies or something, but its totally weird and kinda gross... to me anyway :P

anyway abt the 1st prize 2nd prize thing, i personally think that 1.7mil for 1st prize, 200k pm 2nd and 100k for 3rd is a good idea, as those who DIDNT win the contest will at least get some dosh for their work

just my 2 cents

:wink:

blazerssharksketchsample2222.png

Yeah, I can see where your coming from. It's ment to be white water foam sorta thing. I'll have to redo that.

blazerssharksketchsample2222.png

Yeah, I can see where your coming from. It's ment to be white water foam sorta thing. I'll have to redo that.

Only critique i have on blazers is that harpoon right over his mouth needs to have a better perspective on it, it looks like a narrow strip with no life right now **IMO**

so far until i see everyone elses i think blazers is one of the best

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Only critique i have on blazers is that harpoon right over his mouth needs to have a better perspective on it, it looks like a narrow strip with no life right now **IMO**

so far until i see everyone elses i think blazers is one of the best

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png