New reportable offense.

Agunimon979

THE NEW REPORTATBLE OFFENCE... duh duh duh...... Offending another player!

Recently i've had a player run up to me and go "haha stoopid n00b plox i can own u in wilduy and your noob hah stuoid idiot"

I wanted to report him but saw there's only Report Offence.

Anyone support the new report abuse Offending another player?

Well you can technically offend another player without breaking any rules listed. It can be "offensive" to another player to say: "I don't like that skirt your wearing because it makes you look like a girl". Offense can be ignored, it's just your own opinion whether you believe it or not. Any disagreement can be considered "offensive" to any of the people involved. So unfortunately, I don't think this is a good idea. Only when it is offensive when the person insults you on something completely unrelated, such as religion or gender, etc. But it's just annoying cause it's in "MINICLIP SPEAK" like "1337 j00 g3t 0wn3d pl0x", but the person can easily say "Excuse me, I think I can defeat you in the wilderness!" and you wouldn't get offended. It's just annoying, but shouldn't be considered offensive. This "annoyance" can be avoided with changing Public Chat to OFF instead of ON and your set! Or, you can just add that person to the IGNORE LIST. But it technically falls in the same category as Offensive Language, if they say something insulting your religion or values (not related to the game), then just report it under Offensive Language.

-infamous

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Well you can technically offend another player without breaking any rules listed. It can be "offensive" to another player to say: "I don't like that skirt your wearing because it makes you look like a girl". Offense can be ignored, it's just your own opinion whether you believe it or not. Any disagreement can be considered "offensive" to any of the people involved. So unfortunately, I don't think this is a good idea. Only when it is offensive when the person insults you on something completely unrelated, such as religion or gender, etc. But it's just annoying cause it's in "MINICLIP SPEAK" like "1337 j00 g3t 0wn3d pl0x", but the person can easily say "Excuse me, I think I can defeat you in the wilderness!" and you wouldn't get offended. It's just annoying, but shouldn't be considered offensive. This "annoyance" can be avoided with changing Public Chat to OFF instead of ON and your set! Or, you can just add that person to the IGNORE LIST. But it technically falls in the same category as Offensive Language, if they say something insulting your religion or values (not related to the game), then just report it under Offensive Language.

-infamous

I agree with him completely.

100% F2P- 70 CB, My goal of 1100 total level-

My goal for 1100 total f2p

TFS Leader - http://z11.invisionfree.com/TTFS/index.php?

-infamous

Theres the solution. No "offending another player" report abuse option is needed in that situation.

122 Combat : 99 Hits : 99 Attack : 99 Strength

97/99 Defence : 99 Fletching : 99 Woodcutting

-infamous

Theres the solution. No "offending another player" report abuse option is needed in that situation.

ummmm

1. He shouldent have to block out all chat because of one person

2. ignore list only stops pms not ingame chat

Though id love this rule but the punishments should only be 3 day mutes

Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

Recently i've had a player run up to me and go "haha stoopid n00b plox i can own u in wilduy and your noob hah stuoid idiot"
I'm offended by the fact that you're offended by some incomprehensible garble. Can I report you now?

Seriously, "offense" is such a loose, ambiguous term, that the addition of such a rule would increase the strain on customer support exponentially. That means there'd be one more kind of report that could result in inaccurate bans, and a great deal less chance that any given ban appeal would receive attention. Doesn't sound very promising.

A better solution would be to shield your apparently fragile ego, so that it doesn't bother you anymore. :mrgreen:

-infamous

ummmm

Yeah, well in the first place he shouldn't be so easily offended by such feeble words. :uhh: :ohnoes: :uhh:

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

-infamous

ummmm

Yeah, well in the first place he shouldn't be so easily offended by such feeble words. :uhh: :ohnoes: :uhh:

no its annoying as hell, maybe with this rule runescape will shape up a little
Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

And let's also note that reporting won't get the user immediately muted or being punished. What's the point of a new rule that's almost identical to another rule? Also, ANYTHING CAN BE OFFENSIVE. It's just points of views which is and isn't offensive, but everything 100% possible that it can be offensive.

Let's give an example:

If I say, I like orange juice.

That even...can be offensive!

Why? Well, in my religion we are not allowed to eat/drink/consume oranges, as it is the fruit of the devil. (That's a weird example), thus that statement is offensive. It's just taking things to the extreme.

And it seems stupid that just because a user is idiotic enough to believe things over the internet such as little things (being called a noob), then they should QUIT Runescape. Keep in mind that to play Runescape, you must be 13+. Little things musn't affect 13 year olds and older, but if it is an insult specifically to their religion, beliefs, or race, then it should be reported as offensive language. I know this is kind of confusing, but. :roll:

-infamous

That's not true; I've put Mods on my Ignore list and didn't hear from them again. Anything they've already said will stay in the chat window, but whatever else is said afterward will not show up.

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.