what is drop trading?

lotuslord212

It's a means that's thought to elude Jagex ability to detect people buying items with real life money.

Jagex monitor unbalanced trades and investigate each one automatically. It's thought that by dropping the item in a remote place and having anothe player collect said dropped item, that Jagex will not notice.

Obviously, it's against the rules

Harrington.gif

what is drop tradeing and who are drop trader?? (Not asking for names)

i hope someone will be able to help

What is it? against rule.

Is when you drop things on 1 account and pick up yourself on another account.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

drop trading is when you are on your main, drop items (money, rares, runes arrows etc.) log out and then go to another character and pick up the items.

it is ILLEGAL so dont do it.

and untradeable items are untradable as in theres to way to give them to another person

doublebirdsnestsny7.png

Best nest to date, two in one swing...

1,001st to 99 Firemaking.

3 Barrows drops: Torags legs, Dharoks legs, Veracs plateskirt

drop trading is used when an item cannot be traded. the person with it will drop it + tell the other person, then that person will wait for it to apear (30 seconds after it has been dropped i think) and will pick it up.

1. That doesnt work, They are untradeable, Only you can have it.

2. It takes 60 seconds for it to appear.

3. You sound like a noob scammer.

drop trading is used when an item cannot be traded. the person with it will drop it + tell the other person, then that person will wait for it to apear (30 seconds after it has been dropped i think) and will pick it up.

1. That doesnt work, They are untradeable, Only you can have it.

2. It takes 60 seconds for it to appear.

3. You sound like a noob scammer.

no need to imply im a scammer! i made a mistake calm down.

so basicaallly it means, distracting jagex or trading untradble items??

am I right?> :?:

Uh, no. It's by no means used to distract Jagex. People use it to transfer items between accounts mainly since most people can't log on multiple accounts at once. They drop the items they want to send, and log in on the other account to pick them up.

As previously said, you CANNOT trade untradeable items by any means, even drop trading.

icecube7.jpeg

Quick example for you, then.

I log onto my main account, and lo and behold, I find a adamant scimitar on the ground. I don't really need it, but my pure does. So, I drop the scimitar on the ground, log onto my pure, and pick it up when it appears.

However, they can be botched up. Speaking from experience here I've intercepted two drop trades and gained 500K+ from them combined.

Don't do it. Too risky, and it's against the rules anyways.

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

People use it to transfer items between accounts mainly since most people can't log on multiple accounts at once.

Thats interesting... :wink: :wink: =;

Spam DEF: Any post, paragraph, or sentence that does not add to the value of the thread.

Big_Stingman is the bomb!

Don't read above me, most posts are wrong(not all)

It is where you get 2 accounts to stand near each other, drop something on one name, log off, log in account 2, and pick up the items account 1 dropped. It is illegal because it is multiple logging in I think.

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

Drop trading can be either of the following:

1) Dropping an item and another player picks it up to stop jagex detecting it as an unbalanced trade. Usually the dropper received money in real life for the item.

2) A means of transferring an item from a main to a pure or pure to a main where you drop the item, log out, and log in on the receiving account to pick it up.

Both are highly against the rules.

picture6sd6.jpg

1 question. can jagex see you r drop trading?

Although there is a rule against it, jagex cannot detect it.

Or so you think... (I am not Jagex staff. :uhh: )

They probably can. Some how. We'll never know how. They just... do. Or do they...? (I'm not Jagex staff :uhh: )

electrofrog6ck.jpg

fotwunderbanner2zg4.png

People use it to transfer items between accounts mainly since most people can't log on multiple accounts at once.

Thats interesting... :wink: :wink: =;

I am afraid that is incorrect as i can, with any internet browser, log any two accounts in at once on the same computer. I have done it before with an account called Bradley 006 and one called Bradley OO6 (zeros and letter O) and some people were thinking "glitch i'm seeing double!!! OMGWTFBBQ!?!?" it is against the rules but i found that incident funny.

But don't ask me how to do it :shame:

picture6sd6.jpg