Is Runescape Ruined....

InfamousDuck

I'd have to disagree with several points...

Clans have been around since even before Runescape - Andrew's game Cyberwars was where the Sabres and later THE originated. And the concept of clans in a game is hardly new.

And as soon as there were multiple worlds, some worlds became centers for trading. I know that by the fall of '01 there were definetely trading worlds.

Newbs and scams have always been around. To be honest I'm not sure what newer people think they missed in this area. The contingent of noobs has grown a lot and that has had some affects. But from day one there were a few people running around asking for free items and tricking people...

But people are right - there's something Runescape and RSC used to have that's just not there anymore. It's difficult to describe and hard to pin down, but it really ends up being the sense of community. Runescape went from feeling like a close village where everyone knew everyone else to the downtown of a city. :?

It was a slow change and it happened over a long period of time. The question is really why is the community in such bad shape and what we can do about it.

I suggest we just start with something simple. The next time you're fishing, woodcutting or even training - greet someone. Start a conversation. If you ask for stats and they're given to you, don't say "choob" and block them.

Who knows - if people just start being friendly to each other again, things might start to look up. Runescape is not in the ruins some people think it is - the Second Silver Age hasn't ended yet.

Scammers, hackers, n00bs, and other stupid things like that ARE THE FOUNDATION FOR A GREAT GAME.

:shock: (You can't be good at something without making mistakes in the beginning...)

Basically, your job is to ignore all the bullbeep that's going on around you and go on with daily life. You're chopping a Yew with an autoer, so what? You're fishing with eejits (from House of the Scorpion), so what?

Sure, I agree that the game has been ruined (just a bit) by the idiotic people who make autoers do the dirty work, but otherwise, that's how games work.

[i don't think anything you just read made any sense at all... :wall:]

Ya i been playing WoW for a while and i have yet to find any scammers, no clue about hackers, and n00bs...um about everyone knows things about WoW, everyone is so kind and helpful.

yeah im starting to get tired of you advertising your precious world of warcraft