Mage Summoning a Dragon -Pix Sig- Bidding Closed!

DementedHero

*edit*Bidding's closed, Dj won, with a bid of 600k.*edit*

Well, I was drawing a bit yesterday when I was going to sleep, and it came out pretty nice.. So I re-drew it on my comp..

Its not done yet, Im concentrating on the spell he is doing right now, as I have a couple idea's of how to do it.. He's going to summon a dragon..

Im trying out the idea's I had right now, and then Ill work on the background some more..

Dont say things like, It needs a background!, Fix the background!, Dude, wheres your background?!... mmkay?

magepixelsigpng.png

Any Comments are welcome as long as they are helpful ;)

Oh, and if anyone has any idea's for the background scene, go ahead and post em :P

I was thinking of something dark, and Im probably going to change the colour of the piece ofland he's standing on..

*edit*

Heres the final sig, and its now up for Bidding!

Bidding starts at 250k, This might seem a bit high, but in my opinion it is worth it..

magepixelsigsummon.png

tipitsigte0.png

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, where is your background? :?

Naw looks good DH, some kind of dark background with clifs and thunder would be cool, maybe with a small dragon in the background, but then it might be too bussy.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Thanks everyone :D

oldschool, Sure, just post a reply in my other topic, in my Pixelsig Bazaar ;)

tidus_9909, Yeah, most of it.. I improvised some stuff, but I never scanned it..

Here we go, I think it came out pretty nice:

magepixelsigfinished.png

I used a sort of tribal signs stuff as a stylistic choice, also used minimal colours on the dragon, and a black outline on it, to make it stand out a bit more..

Any comments on this?

Will edit the first post in a min, And you can now bid on it ;)

tipitsigte0.png

Looks good DH, though the jaw of the dragon looks a bit weird, like he had a good slap at the jaw that it got two times the size as normal. Love the tribals and the background fits the signaute good.

21o4pav.jpg

Much better, but still, I don't know maybe his mouth should be open less wide? Still this looks way better and great signature!

21o4pav.jpg

sweet sig man :D

but i'm not sure i like the minimal use of colours on the dragon, i think i would have liked it better if you would have made more with him, but hey, that's your choice.

they eyes on him might be abit too small.

keep up te awesome work, man

korla3eaqd3.jpg

Thanks guys :D

As suggested by korla, used some more tints on the dragon.. Matches the Mage's style better I guess..

magepixelsigdetail.png

And one without the black outline on the dragon, to make it match the mage's style even more..

magepixelsigdetail2.png

tipitsigte0.png

Looks amazing.

A couple things:

- The dragon's mouth: It seems like it needs to be deeper. Maybe make the opening start underneath the eye. Just back it up some. And the teeth are yucky green. Lol, I know it sounds dumb, but maybe make them a bit lighter.

- The dragon's eye: Needs to be a bit more accentuated. It's kind of lifeless right now. Maybe add a light reflection in it.

- The Mage's robe: The shading on the body (the left side) is a bit too much. Maybe make it a lighter shade, or blend it in more.

Regardless if you do any of the above mentioned, it looks very, very good.

Exaft, thats because the staff is quite long, and the way he is holding it, it would have been logical that it is behind him..

Clueless, Alright, the first bid it here :D

Shaw, thanks for the helpful comments.

Ill try that with the mouth, might just work ;)

Oh, and the teeth are gold ;) Is a pimpin dragon ;) I guess I could try a bit whiter colour..

Yeah, Ill do something with the eye too, I was already thinking it lacked something, ill just try some stuff with it.

I intentionally was going to make a very high contrasted piece, as I was planning a different summoning spell, with some bright waves and stuff in it, so the body still has a bit too much contrast, but I think Ill leave it that way..

Traxion, Alright, go ahead :D

tipitsigte0.png