Questions about the so called Barrows gloves price

meol

I bought my new shiny "barrows gloves" from RFD for 130k, but being untradeable, what would happen if I die? What would be the price the general store would buy them for? Or I simply always drop/keep them?

Thanks in advance!

This signature is intentionally left blank.

What do you mean by the price the general store would pay for it? Do you mean what it would protect over if you died?

I know that if you die with them they disappear (if you're skulled, that is) not sure what happens to them if you aren't skulled.

Good job on getting the gloves BTW :)

War+Implored.png

banner2mm5cwvz1lf4.gif

2llyqhcqv9.jpg

You can't trade them, so they wouldn't drop. And I things protect over others based on their High-Alchemy value, not what the General Store buys for (methinks). So, I'm guessing pretty much anything in your inventory that's worth something would protect over the gloves. If you had, for example one pair of Dark (Barrows) gloves, one log, one tinderbox, and one hatchet, you'd lose the gloves.

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

Actually, I have died with them before at the agility arena in wildy, and I kept them :| dunno how that fits into your theory.

siggiebw2.png

Noted raw mackerel drop... Wtfh?

Always buying: Watermelon seeds, 2K each. Strawberry seeds, 800 each. Contact Via PM on forums.

You can't trade them, so they wouldn't drop. And I things protect over others based on their High-Alchemy value, not what the General Store buys for (methinks). So, I'm guessing pretty much anything in your inventory that's worth something would protect over the gloves. If you had, for example one pair of Dark (Barrows) gloves, one log, one tinderbox, and one hatchet, you'd lose the gloves.

Well, that's correct, but the High alchemy value is directly linked with the gen. store price (we researchers use that for getting the prices you see in the Items Database). *wink*

And yes, the question would be "what would they protect over"? I really don't want to alch them to figure out... :-s

BTW, thanks, War-Implored! :D

This signature is intentionally left blank.

Well, I ran a check in the Items Database (*wink*) and the price is 0 through the boards. So... they'd protect under anything worth 1gp or more.

*EDIT* Hm.. seems like the database might be wrong. I grabbed a pair of my adamant gloves and High-Alched them for a small 1.5k. So, assuming the same would be the deal on the Dark Gloves, I'd say they High-Alch for about 58-60k. So check the high-alch prices for other items and compare!

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!