How Do I get out of Barrows

ninjai07

I just started doing Barrows and finished my 5th trip. My 1st trip took almost an hour since I didnt want to die and triple checked almost everything. After the 1st run I realized this is actually not to hard at all. My problem now is I would like to do more than 1 run but after I am in the tunnels and got the treasure I cant find the stairs out again???

Is it better to just Ecto Teleport and hoof it back?

Also ... in my 5 trips all I have gotten are coins and runes :x . I realize I am not going to get a barrows drop all the time but I am not even getting bolt racks?? Am I doing something wrong? What is to be "expected" with regards to drops? I have read of people doing 20+ trips without a drop. Also how long are people taking to do 1 trip?

Thanks!

Ninjai07

Get 20+ KC if you want better runes and racks and you average about 1 item every 20 trips or so.

Good, that helps him get out.

To get out go the same way you came in. The ladder is in the same room it was coming into the tunnel. If it helps, write down the direction of each door you went through on the way in and then go the opposite of that direction to get out. Example: nwwse. That would mean you went north, then west, then west again, then south, then east into the chest room. To get out you would do the opposite: wnees, West out of the chest room, then north, east, east again, and south to the ladder room.

Also, Help And Advice next time

jfacsig01ti4.jpg

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

The way i've been doing barrows is I get a kill count between 21 - 40, mostly killing bloodworms and rats, and a few skeletons.

Once I open the chest, I tele out using a crystal to get to Lletya, I restore prayer, reorganise myself, and then use an ecto and walk back to barrows.

It normally takes me about 15-20 mins per trip and I generally work out that I make 1 mill from bloods, chaos, bolt racks and coins. Deaths and Minds go towards Slayer Dart again.

Anything else is just an added bonus.

At a guess I'd say I get a piece of barrow equipment every 25 or so runs, however as soon as I get one, I tend to get another 2 or 3 within the next 15 runs after THEN I have to wait roughly another 25 runs.

Hope that helps in some way.

Dark_Jab.png

I guess with the expense of prayer pots the profit can be quite rough. I generally grow my own ranarr and make ppots (other than having to buy the seeds) so its not terribly expensive. I generally go through about 3-4 ppots a trip which at my level seems high.

Are people not praying and just eating to save on the ppots?

the only way i'll bother to do multiple barrows runs without teleporting is when i have guthans. i just usually take a house tele, recharge pray, then kharyll portal back.

also, i got my first item on my 3rd run, but one of my friends has only gotten 2 items in 150+ runs, and went over 100 before getting his first item.

so basically its pretty random. i've gotten 3 items in 5 runs before, and i've also had some pretty lengthy dry streaks. i usually get 15-20 kc

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

holygrail-1.jpg

I guess with the expense of prayer pots the profit can be quite rough. I generally grow my own ranarr and make ppots (other than having to buy the seeds) so its not terribly expensive. I generally go through about 3-4 ppots a trip which at my level seems high.

Are people not praying and just eating to save on the ppots?

Do not pray on guthan and torag. I'm around the same lvl as you... and only use 1-2 doses of p pot each run, that is with not praying at ahrim, which I don't suggest at your mage lvl. But you should really be able to do it with 2-4 doses.

Also, if you have a melee brother in the tunnels then make sure to get them at one of the safe spots. That isn't too hard, and will safe food or p pots.

PS. The drops are really random. It should be around 1 every 20 runs though I think. But I'm on a 70+ run dry streak :(

Skill N' Chill - The Hawt Fun Sexy and Cool Skilling Clan!

Skill n' chill website: http://skillandchill.freeforums.org/index.php - Clanchat: Skill N C - IRC Chat: #skillnchill

nieuwesiglg4.gif

errrok.jpg

i usually get 15-20 kill count (depending how my food holds out) open the chest get loot and tele to house, recharge prayer there, if im low on hp i get some potatoes, cook em and eat em (+4 hp each) and use my kahryll portal and do it again

emote.gif

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=615955

click link to go to ganon95 productions

runescape requires a lot of skills, napoleon dynamyte would love this game

i am the proud owner of the quest point cape; all quests done 12/04/06

Oh also a note, I use guthans for healing, a dragon dagger for using the special on Ahrim and Karil, I then range Ahrim and whip Karil.

I use Prayer on Dharok and Karil and the leftover on Ahrim.

I use no prayer pots and use about 7 lobbies per trip max, which I fish up myself, I barely lose anything money wise :D

Dark_Jab.png

Yeah ... sorry for posting in the wrong forum.

70+ dry runs is brutal

I dont have Gunthans (trying to at least get a few pieces by doing this!)

I think I need to try more battles without ppots.

Thanks everyone for helping me out!

You could ecto out, or if you had supplies for another run, you could remember the location of your ladder, exit, and then do another run. I usually just use home tele + chapel + kharyll portal to get back to bank.

siggiebw2.png

Noted raw mackerel drop... Wtfh?

Always buying: Watermelon seeds, 2K each. Strawberry seeds, 800 each. Contact Via PM on forums.