Cheapest spell for barrows...

Captainkidd

I guess this simple fact will be repeated over and over until the entire RS population finally understands it. Only two things make slayer dart different from all other spells. The maximum hit increases as your magic level increases and it is able to kill Turoths and Kurasks. In every other way it is similar to all other magic spells meaning it is affected just as much by your mage bonus as fire bolt is. If you can hit well in guthans with slayer dart, you can hit well in guthans with fire bolt.

LordFan21.pngHilordfan.jpgZ0mg look im so kool even mods tok to me.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess this simple fact will be repeated over and over until the entire RS population finally understands it. Only two things make slayer dart different from all other spells. The maximum hit increases as your magic level increases and it is able to kill Turoths and Kurasks. In every other way it is similar to all other magic spells meaning it is affected just as much by your mage bonus as fire bolt is. If you can hit well in guthans with slayer dart, you can hit well in guthans with fire bolt.

Please tell me that you are joking. I use slayer dart in my runs with full veracs on (i'm low on melee stats, can't melle brothers effectively), and i hit most of the time in double digits. it takes me 15-18 pray points to kill brother on average. If you can do that with fire bolt, please be my quest. You would fail fire bolt much more often with only +10 mage bonus, and slayer dart barely splash.

Chaos spells are cheapest but not effective. i rather add few more k in price and do my runs faster, therefore increasing my changes to get items in long run.

1500+ total 89 cmb; 1600+ total and under 93 cmb.

02/04/07 reached all skills 60+ under lvl 90 cmb.

07/19/07 reached all skills 70+ at lvl 93 cmb.

Prayer is good for herbs

Please tell me that you are joking. I use slayer dart in my runs with full veracs on (i'm low on melee stats, can't melle brothers effectively), and i hit most of the time in double digits. it takes me 15-18 pray points to kill brother on average. If you can do that with fire bolt, please be my quest. You would fail fire bolt much more often with only +10 mage bonus, and slayer dart barely splash.

Chaos spells are cheapest but not effective. i rather add few more k in price and do my runs faster, therefore increasing my changes to get items in long run.

Alright well i just did a test run with fire bolt in full guthans. My mage bonus was -13. I used 2 pieces of food total and 0 ppot doses.

I used 88 casts of fire bolt. (Normally average about 55-60 casts of slayer dart).

This difference can easily be explained by the fact that fire bolt has a max hit of 12 without gauntlets whereas i can hit 20's with slayer dart.

I also counted the number of splashes during the run. There were 5 total splashes with 3 coming on Karil.

This further proves my point as it shows that it doesn't matter what your mage bonus is if your opponents mage defence is bad enough, but if your opponent even has the slightest bit of mage defence (Karil) you will run into some problems.

This run was no different than my runs with slayer dart in terms of splashes or effectiveness of the spell.

If you wish to argue the point further please do a couple of runs with the same equipment with both spells and bring me your results.

I find your method slower...Making me use more ppots, making it cost more.

My thought exactly.

Also, I doubt that fire bolt works the same way slayer dart does where you can mage successfully in full rune...

1690 total and unranked strength. Headed for 1800.

siggyanimatoin5dtbp3.gif

I like the irony (no wait, paradoxicality) in how there's a spelling error in this sig.

i hybrid barrows, so i only used around 70 casts, which is 70 deaths, 280 minds. the rest of the time, i use dds/dscim/whip on karil and ahrim. i normally get more runes than i sue, so i actually make a profit, and i dont evem have to buy air runes.
Who ever said you have to by airs......? Anyways, your saying you can do a billion trips with only 70 deaths and 280 minds? If so get a video of it, so all of tip.it knows your a lier, I mean great at barrows

You cant do billion trips with 100 chaos + 400 fire or 300 air either so shut it? :roll:

attack_npc.png

You can tank mage just fine with fire bolt, I've done it dozens of times.

As for p pots, it depends on how many you use. I only use 2 sips per run, and I use prayer only for one brother that I mage, so it makes no difference for me.

The savings in runes is substantial -- far more than the cost of an extra sip of p pot. For example, it takes me about 40 casts of slayer dart, which costs about 14k in runes, compared to 50 casts of fire bolt, worth around 8.5k.

~q

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

-.-

1. i hit 19 with slayer dart.. and max of 15 with fire bolt (And i cant wear my barrows gloves)

2. so it costs more prayer points = more prayer POS needed = less chests per trip

3. you get the runes needed for spells.. so no time waisting on buying rune (time is money... ;-) )

lol forgot most important thing

4. slayer dart works fine with melee armor

-.-

Slayer dart works fine with melee armor against barrows brothers.

Chaos bolt works fine with melee armor against barrows brothers.

Slayer dart does not work fine with melee armor against almost any other monsters in runescape.

Chaos bolt does not work fine with melee armor against almost any other monsters in runescape.

-.-

Slayer dart works fine with melee armor against barrows brothers.

Chaos bolt works fine with melee armor against barrows brothers.

Slayer dart does not work fine with melee armor against almost any other monsters in runescape.

Chaos bolt does not work fine with melee armor against almost any other monsters in runescape.

Except Dag King Rex, but that is the truest statement Ive heard in forever. Slayer Dart is effected by Mage Bonus, but barrow brother have such horrible mage def that it seem as if it doesnt matter Finally got it outta my system.

Ranged crave

newsigwu9.png

I'M SO EMO HAHAHAHAHAHA

Argh, didn't we already go over all this in the thread? Fire bolt is more cost effiecient per run, while Slayer Dart is much better for speed. We already went over this crud...

Seriously, who bumped this? It's like we're repeating the same [developmentally delayed] argument all over again, having to explain such a simple concept yet again to the new people posting on this thread.

God, how dense can you people be? SLAYER DART IS BETTER. IT IS MORE EFFICIENT BECAUSE IT GETS RUNS DONE MUCH FASTER. WE ARE NOT ARGUING AGAINST THAT- THE FACT OF THE MATTER STILL REMAINS THAT FIRE BOLT COSTS LESS, PER RUN. WE'RE NOT ARGUING THAT SLAYER DART IS WORSE. WE'RE SAYING THAT IN ONE RUN, FIRE BOLT COSTS LESS GP TO USE WHEN KILLING THE BROTHERS. GOD.

I thought, maybe, if it was in caps people might read it. Dunno, it just seems like no one is.

Learn what opportunity cost is people. It will serve you well in life, or at least make you look like less of an idiot.

Now, can we get this locked? This argument's going in circles; if you don't get it, read through the thread.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Argh, didn't we already go over all this in the thread? Fire bolt is more cost effiecient per run, while Slayer Dart is much better for speed. We already went over this crud...

Seriously, who bumped this? It's like we're repeating the same [developmentally delayed] argument all over again, having to explain such a simple concept yet again to the new people posting on this thread.

God, how dense can you people be? SLAYER DART IS BETTER. IT IS MORE EFFICIENT BECAUSE IT GETS RUNS DONE MUCH FASTER. WE ARE NOT ARGUING AGAINST THAT- THE FACT OF THE MATTER STILL REMAINS THAT FIRE BOLT COSTS LESS, PER RUN. WE'RE NOT ARGUING THAT SLAYER DART IS WORSE. WE'RE SAYING THAT IN ONE RUN, FIRE BOLT COSTS LESS GP TO USE WHEN KILLING THE BROTHERS. GOD.

I thought, maybe, if it was in caps people might read it. Dunno, it just seems like no one is.

Learn what opportunity cost is people. It will serve you well in life, or at least make you look like less of an idiot.

Now, can we get this locked? This argument's going in circles; if you don't get it, read through the thread.

=D>

enjin-197880-13470529531124777514-gray.png

Ex-Wilderness Guardian

Ex-Solace

Retired from F2P clans indefinitely

Cheapest spell for barrows?

Air strike, 'nuff said.

You keep saying fire bolt is better but Slayer Dart is more accurate and you don't get fire or air runes from the chest (you must use at least one). And slayer dart hits higher as your mage levels go up.

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer