Tip.It Times Presents: We Need More Cowbells

Kiara_Kat

they are praising jagex because jagex deserves the praise. There is no question about "ballance", that's just a assumption on your part. Just look at the quest: What's not to like? Cowbells are awsome and this article captures that idea perfectly. This latest quest has been full of them therefore it makes sence to make the article about Cowbells now

Wow...you are saying that you would rather have an article which is released once a week talk about cowbells and a new quest rather than have a good article such as the ones dealing with autoers, the runescape economy, or interwiews with famous runescape players? I mean this recent article isn't the good journalism i have come to except from the Tip.It Times, this stuff is FLUFF. If the editor wanted to talk about this quest or their cowbell [specialInterest], why not make a forum topic? This was a waste of a Tip.It Times article. If an editor at a newspaper was putting front page stories about cowbells, or even tiny stories on the back page about cowbells, think they'd keep their job?

What I'm trying to say is that this article was a waste of space, a waste of time to read, and I would have really preffered an article about new scams, the economy, neat little tricks to help level skills, anything like that. Sorry if i offended anybody by saying cowbells suck, but they do.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And concerning "balance", let's just take a look at the past 10 articles.

Be vewwy,vewwy quiet... we're hunting kwebbits...: Points out good and bad points, fairly even

Tax collection, a new runescape skill for the future?: Doesn't really deal with Jagex, besides telling them not to allow real world item trading, which they obviously aren't going to do.

Presenting the items database!: Just introduces the items database, which Runehq had at least 2 years ago already ( suck on that nova393 ), oh and Runehq has a persons database too! :thumbsup:

A random Runescape christmas: A crappy poem and some corny jokes...

Should Auld Acquaintance be Forgot, and Never Brought to Mind? Says some nice things about Jagex, but mainly focuses on friendship ( not that that's bad, I like friends ).

Rules is RulesÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ Harsh on Jagex, claims they "missed the boat" and "completely misread it's user base". You're just sore because you can't use your world switcher anymore and have to use the chat that was actually designed with the game to talk! Imagine that!

Pixels: Nothing to do with Jagex

Jagex and Emergent Gameplay This is the article that has been the harshest on Jagex yet. Jagex fixes bugs. Deal with it.

So Who Needs Fansites Anyway? BOOOORING! The editor is just corcerned that with the knowledge base people aren't going to come to Tip.It much anymore. This is just a pathetic attempt to get Jagex to reconsider their rules about 3rd party programs and collaborate with Tip.It. Note that this article incorporates things from the emergant gameplay article, and the 3rd party program article. Look at this quote:

"So the game companies are going to have to live with us. Which then leads us to the question of how we are going to get along. A company can take one of three broad paths: it can accept and embrace fansites; it can look pointedly in the other direction and pretend they don't exist; or it can be hostile."

Now Jagex DOES NOT have to live with you at Tip.It. Why do you think they are releasing the knowledge base? I think Jagex is tired of you guys complaining all the time...

And that leads us to this article, which is as I have said, FLUFF.

So out of 10 articles:

6 had nothing to do with Jagex

3 critisized Jagex ( or the way Jagex deals with fansites )

1 was about cowbells and the penguin version of the KGB ( SUCKING UP )

Where is the "balance" in that? Every article either has nothing to do with Jagex, or if it does, critisizes them ( besides this one ). The editor is merely trying to persuade people who have seen the "ugly" side of Tip.It recently that they are fair and just, when almost every article is biased.

Don't Fall For Tip.It!