Tip.It Times Presents: We Need More Cowbells

Kiara_Kat

There are more appearances. You know Col Jake O'Niall in Witchhaven, his name is wordplay of the character Col Jack O'Niell, from Stargate SG1. Also, the mole tunnel in falador garden, when you examine the moles you get 'I shall call him Mini-Mole' or 'Moley Moley Moley' which are quotes from Austin Powers! And you can't forget the knights:

Sir Prysin-Surprising

Sir Amik Varze-Ceramic Vase

Sir Vyvin-Surviving

Sir Renitee-Serenity

Don't forget Sir Tiffy Cashin (Certification)

hugh_mannity.png

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice article kind of short but a new thing so i liked it

The funniest exam thing dat i like is readind da wilderness sign it sayssomething like "dont be examining things now your in the wildeness"

Another funny thing i find funny is talking to the troll called dad after ubeat him dat made me laugh for a lil while

Great article!

Here are my two favorite real-life references, don't know if anyone else has commented about them yet:

1. The camel outside Al Kharid bank has written parodies (there's a better word, but I can't remember it) on "This is Just to Say" by William Carlos Williams and one of Shakespeare's sonnets (I think it's number 16, or somewhere around there, it's the "Shall I compare thee to a summer's day..." one.) Check that stuff out with a camulet, see for yourself!

2. You can place a "rocnar" in your oubliette. What does this have to do with anything? "Rocnar" backwards is "Rancor," as in the big ugly brute in Jabba the Hutt's "oubliette" type thing in Return of the Jedi.

and the yin yang amulet based on the chinese culture. Jagex took great care not to do anything that might be taken as offence with that.

I wouldn't be too sure. Associating it with the "Makeover Mage" wasn't a good idea. :?

Anywho great article, my hat is off to The Editor. =D>

BTW, while the rest of you were talking only about the article, I realized something that should be of interest to many: The Editor that we have at current has thrown us a nice little chunk of info to work with on finding out their ID... Maybe it is time to awaken an old thread? :-s

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I found it a good quest :)

It had the same developer as enlightened journy, and I feel it felt!

Although it was pretty much a "fetch item X" quest, the story and humor was good. I often enjoy how jagex developers are able to show their personality in the work they do. For example Mod Ash, has this thing about the drunken Dwarf :P, although he has said that the sandwich lady is a no go zone :(.

The most important thing that keeps the game going is the story, it is a full and working world, where we can forcast what is coming next.... and this is what people playing.

sig2webzx7.jpg

well written article. I also found the name of their city, palingrad,(stalingrad) funny. And bribing the penguin to give u the phrase reminds me how things used to work in USSR.And u can get even an ID and report if u can afford it.Lol

Beliefe is to believe in what you can not see.The prize of the belief is to see what you believe in.

I liked it, there's also the herrings on tree reference from Monty Python, and the dagonnoths are like xenomorphs (especially the eggs) from Aliens. Miscelenia is also filled with Monty Python references

However I didn't get the Star Trek reverences :?

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

My fav Jagex joke is the cut scene with the guards in Garden of Tranquility. I don't remember the specific dialogue now, but basically a new guard comes on duty at the North gate to Falador and says he needs some time off. The other guard says - didn't anyone tell you the life expenctancy of a guard here is about 13 seconds? People just come up and kill you for no reason! Then a "player" dressed in his best pl& wanders up to the guard and whacks him. That was too funny. I actually feel a little bad when I kill guards now.

I think thieving [cowbells] from milk cows is hilarious. And if you fail, the cow gets mad and yells "moo!!" at you. Its funny to watch for some reason.

Also, in the agility arena, when you dodge darts, you do that Neo maneuver from "The Matrix". Very cool.

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

Great Article as always.

I love it how jagex doesn't take the game seriously and like to poke fun at different aspects of the game (e.g random events)

Probably my favourite quest moment (i have done all but 1) is in my arms big adventure when the drunken dwarf finally gets whats coming to him

:thumbsup: :twisted:

Lortek.png

i absolutely agree with pretty much everything in this article. i love some of the examines, and not only the bartender in the blue moon inn says runescape's a game. but on the topic of cold war, i absolutely loved the quest. one of the most fun i've done in a long time, and i really thought the USSR references were great, especially since we're studying the cold war in school. the kgp cracked me up every time i heard about it..

and on the topic of names, such as fary nuff, there's also sir amik varze (ceramic vase), sir prysin (surprising) and sir vyvin (surviving). there's only one i don't get... sir tiffy cashien. it's something about certificates i'm pretty sure, but... certificashin? no idea at all.

anyways, great article, keep em coming, editor!

ps. anyone who gets the "Tiffy cashien" thing, plz pm me on this forum. it kind of annoys me.

has anyone considered the possibility that lauren1211 is homosexual? anyone, anyone at all?

you forgot to mention the fairies are the guy from "good fellas"

one of them says "what kind of funny, like a clown?

thats my favorite one

but very nice article keep 'em coming!

Tuesday is coming, did you bring your coat?

noob,king%20suttzer.gif

I personally think this was a horrible article. It seems like the editor couldn't think on an idea and just picked something random. There were no specific examples used, ( such as when they said in the balloon quest there were many star trek related things said, but didn't offer any of them! ) it seemed kind of short, and I think the only reason they are making this article was to appease people who think they have been to hard on Jagex lately. And they have by the way. I mean come on... complementing Jagex just because the use alot of references from real life in a couple quests... they are clearly just trying to make a good "balance" between articles praising Jagex and articles that came down hard on Jagex for stupid reasons.

I always use Runehq, but I used to visit this site everyday just to check if new articles were out in the Tip.it times, but I really feel there has been a lack of good articles recently. Maybe the Tip.it times editor(s) should go on a vacation to think up new ideas? If this continues I don't think I'll be coming back to Tip.it.

I personally think this was a horrible article. It seems like the editor couldn't think on an idea and just picked something random. There were no specific examples used, ( such as when they said in the balloon quest there were many star trek related things said, but didn't offer any of them! )

I think the idea is that you are supposed to seek out and find the examples yourself so you can enjoy them. If I still played Runescape I would be rather miffed if the article gave away all the best movie references. I thought it was a good article exposing the fun side of Runescape, which is all too often lost in the grinding.

appearon ur thinking strangly, they're praising jagex becoz of a new quest, if u want every1 to spell things out 4 u uve got the rong site

P.S. rune hq=turd factory =D>

no offence

they are praising jagex because jagex deserves the praise. There is no question about "ballance", that's just a assumption on your part. Just look at the quest: What's not to like? Cowbells are awsome and this article captures that idea perfectly. This latest quest has been full of them therefore it makes sence to make the article about Cowbells now

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

I liked the KGP, but I'm probably the only person who appreciated it.

I haven't done the quest but i acctually likes referances to contries that have earlier been declared 'Evil'.

Komitet Gosudarstvennoy...Penguin-aznosti? :lol:

Prosit? Eller tager jeg fejl og det ikke er et nys?

460wk.jpg

In Soviet Russia, Veltia's signature stares at YOU!!

The Gielinor Tribune|Blog|The Twax Story