getting members soon

Flyingcow

hi, I have recently returned to runescape after a 2 year hiatus, and im getting members soon.(note that I have beena member before.

before I get it tho, i want to make enough money to buy all the best training equipment and other stuff that I need. So what is the stuff I need and how much will it all cost me?

Also, is there anything else I need to know/do before I get members? quests, items etc.

thanks for any help

Welcome back to Runescape! There are a TON of new quests that were made during your 2 year break, so there will be tons of stuff to do, including "Recipe for Disaster", Jagex's 100th quest which is a blast. The main member's weapon is the Abyssal Whip which you may not want to go for just yet, as the price stills hangs at about 1.9M. You may want to hold up on Construction as well, because it really is a "Rich Man's Skill". There are some new mini-games as well, so have fun! The only really weapon and armor you're going to want to start is full Rune with a Dragon weapon which will cost you around 50k-150k (not including the halberd).

Have fun back at Runescape!

Click here.

If you go there good things will transpire.

Welcome back to Runescape! There are a TON of new quests that were made during your 2 year break, so there will be tons of stuff to do, including "Recipe for Disaster", Jagex's 100th quest which is a blast. The main member's weapon is the Abyssal Whip which you may not want to go for just yet, as the price stills hangs at about 1.9M. You may want to hold up on Construction as well, because it really is a "Rich Man's Skill". There are some new mini-games as well, so have fun! The only really weapon and armor you're going to want to start is full Rune with a Dragon weapon which will cost you around 50k-150k (not including the halberd).

Have fun back at Runescape!

well I can make about 330k an hour, and over a mil a day if I tried, so ive already considered the whip.

Im not that worried about costs right now, I just wanna know the best stuff money can buy.

oh I dont see why you need to know my stats... but im 101 combat, with 76 fishing and 87 mining as my main money makers.

I still have some members stuff on my account also, d-long,baxe, dagger, cannon, ranger boots, stuff like that.

note that I have beena member before.

I still have some members stuff on my account also, d-long,baxe, dagger, cannon, ranger boots, stuff like that.

....what?

doublebirdsnestsny7.png

Best nest to date, two in one swing...

1,001st to 99 Firemaking.

3 Barrows drops: Torags legs, Dharoks legs, Veracs plateskirt

note that I have beena member before.

....what?

I have been a member before, p2p, before I quit. I was a member for about a year, before I quit runescape completely. And because I was a member, I still have the members stuff on in my bank.

I suggest doing these quests if you haven't already:

Recipe from Disaster - a very long quest, but you can do it! Will reward you with THE best gloves in the game

Fremenik Trials - to be able to use Fremenik helms (berserker helm)

Monkey Madness - to be able to use dragon scimitar

Priest In Peril - to unlock the giant area of Morytania

I suggest buying:

ABYSSAL WHIP! BEST weapon in the game ~ 1.8m 2m

Torag's platebody - best defense in the game ~ 800k - 1m

Torag's platelegs - best defense in the game ~ 500k - 700k

Rune boots - best boots in the game ~ 150k - 200k

Berseker helm - gives a +4 strength bonus, and pretty good defense ~ 55k - 80k

Obsidian cape - give +9 to all defence bonuses ~ 225k - 300k

Full Guthan's armor - allows you to heal as you deal damage. Good for training! ~ unsure of price

Glory amulet - all-around good amulet, unless you can afford the... ~ 50k - 70k

Fury amulet - a VERY powerful amulet, but expensive ~ 4.6m - 4.7m

Also, very important, get a Rune defender from the new Warrior's Guild. In addition to supplying +23, +22, and +21 attack bonuses, it also give a +5 strength bonus.

Good luck back in RuneScape, hope I could help! :)

P.S. always play on the tip.it homeworld, 7 for f2p or 99 for p2p. Hyt means "Hey you tip.iter!" One tip.iter may say it to another tip.iter that they recognize from these forums in game.

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

I suggest doing these quests if you haven't already:

Recipe from Disaster - a very long quest, but you can do it! Will reward you with THE best gloves in the game

Fremenik Trials - to be able to use Fremenik helms (berserker helm)

Monkey Madness - to be able to use dragon scimitar

Priest In Peril - to unlock the giant area of Morytania

I suggest buying:

ABYSSAL WHIP! BEST weapon in the game ~ 1.8m 2m

Torag's platebody - best defense in the game ~ 800k - 1m

Torag's platelegs - best defense in the game ~ 500k - 700k

Rune boots - best boots in the game ~ 150k - 200k

Berseker helm - gives a +4 strength bonus, and pretty good defense ~ 55k - 80k

Obsidian cape - give +9 to all defence bonuses ~ 225k - 300k

Full Guthan's armor - allows you to heal as you deal damage. Good for training! ~ unsure of price

Glory amulet - all-around good amulet, unless you can afford the... ~ 50k - 70k

Fury amulet - a VERY powerful amulet, but expensive ~ 4.6m - 4.7m

Also, very important, get a Rune defender from the new Warrior's Guild. In addition to supplying +23, +22, and +21 attack bonuses, it also give a +5 strength bonus.

Good luck back in RuneScape, hope I could help! :)

P.S. always play on the tip.it homeworld, 7 for f2p or 99 for p2p. Hyt means "Hey you tip.iter!" One tip.iter may say it to another tip.iter that they recognize from these forums in game.

thx a lot man, exactly what i was looknig for. btw how much better is the fury amulet than the glory? 4.6 mil seems unreal for an ammy

1 more question, for the barrows armor, i heard it takes around 300k once it has no more charges? does this mean the armor is for pking only?(too expensive to train in?)

to clear up his unsureness of guthans price it is quickly creeping its way up to about 10 mil. At the mmoment its anywhere from 9.5-9.8(very unstable price right now)

and also about your barrows question, you have to repair it every 15 hours of combat. This takes forever to actually break i wouldnt even worry about it. Its still way worth it for the low price and unbeatable defense bonuses

clansig7.gif

Amulet of Glory

Attack:

Stab +10

Slash +10

Crush +10

Magic +10

Range +10

Defense:

Stab +3

Slash +3

Crush +3

Magic +3

Range +3

Others:

Strength +6

Prayer +3

Glory amulets have 4 teleport charges. Expending one charge will wllow you to teleport you to Edgeville, Al-Kharid, Karamja, or Draynor Village. They can be recharged in the basement of the Hero's Guild.

Amulet of Fury

Attack:

Stab +10

Slash +10

Crush +10

Magic +10

Range +10

Defense:

Stab +15

Slash +15

Crush +15

Magic +15

Range +15

Others:

Strength +8

Prayer +5

The only reason Amulets of Fury cost so much is because they require 90 crafting to make and 87 magic to enchant. Also, they are made from onyx stones which can only be gotten by buying them from a TzHaar golem, (not sure which one), and they must be bought in Tokkuls, the TzHaar currency.

I suggest getting an Amulet of Fury only if you have bought everything else that you need, and only if you still will have a lot of money (5m+).

As for barrows, yes, it lasts 15 hours of combat for it to wear out, and only costs 330k to repair the whole set. So as long as you pick up a few drops during the 15 hours you will probably make that much back. And if you are using Pest Control (a new mini-game, the fastest way to train combat) you will also be getting money, which will definately be enough to pay off the repair costs.

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

klanks gaunts are outdated, rfd dark gloves are the best in game

and fire cape is very hard to get: 3 hours of straight fighting with a level 702 boss at the end that attack with magic, range and melee

whats rfd stand for?

and can do you team the level 702

Recipe For Disaster, a quest.

Nope, the 702 is a solo monster.

I really wouldn't call it an era. It was more of a definitive time period during which dinstinctive characteristics were expressed in similar ways.

Svirnsigscore.gif

which of the barrows is best for training?

I just bought full torags the other day(sold the hammers)

why is torags sold at such a low price comapred to the other armors?

Because its the worst barrows armor or them all, its as good as wearing full dragon while casting air stike trying to kill the kapp a queen...