D�������©j�������  vu. Have you experienced it?

aaron1120

DÃÆÃâÃâéjÃÆÃâÃâà vu- The experience of feeling that one has witnessed or experienced a new situation previously (Also known as paramnesia).

There are three different types of acknowledged dÃÆÃâÃâéjÃÆÃâÃâà vu.

DÃÆÃâÃâéjÃÆÃâÃâà vÃÆÃâÃâécu

Usually translated ' already seen' or 'already lived through,' dÃÆÃâÃâéjÃÆÃâÃâà vÃÆÃâÃâécu is described in a quotation from [bleep]ens:

"We have all some experience of a feeling, that comes over us occasionally, of what we are saying and doing having been said and done before, in a remote time ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ of our having been surrounded, dim ages ago, by the same faces, objects, and circumstances ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ of our knowing perfectly what will be said next, as if we suddenly remember it!"

When most people speak of dÃÆÃâÃâéjÃÆÃâÃâà vu, they are actually experiencing dÃÆÃâÃâéjÃÆÃâÃâà vÃÆÃâÃâécu. Surveys have revealed that as much as 70% of the population have had these experiences, usually between ages 15 to 25, when the mind is still subjectable to noticing the change in environment. The experience is usually related to a very banal event, but is so striking that it is remembered for years afterwards.

DÃÆÃâÃâéjÃÆÃâÃâà vÃÆÃâÃâécu refers to an experience involving more than just sight, which is why labeling such "dÃÆÃâÃâéjÃÆÃâÃâà vu" is usually inaccurate. The sense involves a great amount of detail, sensing that everything is just as it was before.

More recently, the term dÃÆÃâÃâéjÃÆÃâÃâà vÃÆÃâÃâécu has been used to describe very intense and persistent feelings of a dÃÆÃâÃâéjÃÆÃâÃâà vu type, which occur as part of a memory disorder.

DÃÆÃâÃâéjÃÆÃâÃâà senti

This phenomenon specifies something 'already felt.' Unlike the implied precognition of dÃÆÃâÃâéjÃÆÃâÃâà vÃÆÃâÃâécu, dÃÆÃâÃâéjÃÆÃâÃâà senti is primarily or even exclusively a mental happening, has no precognitive aspects, and rarely if ever remains in the afflicted person's memory afterwards.

Dr. John Hughlings Jackson recorded the words of one of his patients who suffered from temporal lobe or psychomotor epilepsy in an 1889 paper:

"What is occupying the attention is what has occupied it before, and indeed has been familiar, but has been for a time forgotten, and now is recovered with a slight sense of satisfaction as if it had been sought for. ... At the same time, or ... more accurately in immediate sequence, I am dimly aware that the recollection is fictitious and my state abnormal. The recollection is always started by another person's voice, or by my own verbalized thought, or by what I am reading and mentally verbalize; and I think that during the abnormal state I generally verbalize some such phrase of simple recognition as 'Oh yes ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ I see', 'Of course ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ I remember', but a minute or two later I can recollect neither the words nor the verbalized thought which gave rise to the recollection. I only find strongly that they resemble what I have felt before under similar abnormal conditions."

As with Dr. Jackson's patient, some temporal-lobe epileptics may experience this phenomenon.

DÃÆÃâÃâéjÃÆÃâÃâà visitÃÆÃâÃâé

This experience is less common and involves an uncanny knowledge of a new place. The translation is "already visited." Here one may know his or her way around in a new town or landscape while at the same time knowing that this should not be possible.

Dreams, reincarnation and also out-of-body travel have been invoked to explain this phenomenon. Additionally, some suggest that reading a detailed account of a place can result in this feeling when the locale is later visited. Two famous examples of such a situation were described by Nathaniel Hawthorne in his book Our Old Home and Sir Walter Scott in Guy Mannering. Hawthorne recognized the ruins of a castle in England and later was able to trace the sensation to a piece written about the castle by Alexander Pope two hundred years earlier.

C. G. Jung published an account of dÃÆÃâÃâéjÃÆÃâÃâà visitÃÆÃâÃâé in his 1952 paper On synchronicity.

In order to distinguish dÃÆÃâÃâéjÃÆÃâÃâà visitÃÆÃâÃâé from dÃÆÃâÃâéjÃÆÃâÃâà vÃÆÃâÃâécu, it is important to identify the source of the feeling. DÃÆÃâÃâéjÃÆÃâÃâà vÃÆÃâÃâécu is in reference to the temporal occurrences and processes, while dÃÆÃâÃâéjÃÆÃâÃâà visitÃÆÃâÃâé has more to do with geography and spatial relations.

There is a lot of scientific research relating to dÃÆÃâÃâéjÃÆÃâÃâà vu. Some cases of dÃÆÃâÃâéjÃÆÃâÃâà vu have been linked with disorders, many cases are just normal daily events of seeing something you think you have already seen.

People believe most dÃÆÃâÃâéjÃÆÃâÃâà vu comes on when dreams are recorded into your long-term memory (you may not even remember the dream) but them something similiar comes out, and the neurons in your brain misfire, causing you to think you have seen this even happen before.

Has this every happened to you? If it has, what type do you thnk you had? What is your explanation?

Discuss.

-----------------------------

Source: Wikipedia: DÃÆÃâÃâéjÃÆÃâÃâà vu

3textsz2.png

< | Runehead | Learning Java Programming, Please PM Me Tips | Signature by Loaf2000 | >

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to have deja vu experiences pretty often, when I was 13-16, I haven't had one in a long time though.

Anyone else hear of them beginning to go away with age?

An intresting fact: 70% of people reported having dÃÆÃâÃâéjÃÆÃâÃâà vu.

3textsz2.png

< | Runehead | Learning Java Programming, Please PM Me Tips | Signature by Loaf2000 | >

I used to have deja vu experiences pretty often, when I was 13-16, I haven't had one in a long time though.

never heard it before but it seems to have happened to me

Sprite-2.jpg

519881548elmosotw.jpg

Same here, I used to get it weekly, but now I rarely get it at all.

crim2ma.jpg

~^v^~Ex-Leader of the Divine Flames of Redemption~^v^~

It was a very eerie feeling for me, like I remember having been at the exact same place, and time, doing the exact same thing. In retrospect, it was interesting, though, having those experiences.

I know, it is a little weird thinking back on your experiences with it, it kind of makes you think "What's going on with me?".

3textsz2.png

Same here, I used to get it weekly, but now I rarely get it at all.

All that I can find on that is that your mind is more succeptable to deja vu when you are at a stage in your life where you notice even the smallest of changes in your environment. "This normall occurs between ages 15-25." The wasy I see it though is as a stage, I personally wouldn't call out ages.

3textsz2.png

Sometimes, I often 'know' what's going to happen next because I somehow feel that the situation has happened before. It's kinda freaky but in my head it's just 'Didn't this happen before?' and stuff..

I am not a pyschic, it's all a psychological thing :anxious:

Ultra Unholy,

Hearted Machine...

Sometimes, I often 'know' what's going to happen next because I somehow feel that the situation has happened before. It's kinda freaky but in my head it's just 'Didn't this happen before?' and stuff..

I am not a pyschic, it's all a psychological thing :anxious:

Are you a person that thinks logically or can reason things. People who are skilled with these (and sometimes a psychological condition) can make good guesses on what will happen in the future.

precognition is a form of extra-sensory perception wherein a person perceives information about future places or events before they happen (as distinct from merely predicting them based on deductive reasoning and current knowledge).

3textsz2.png

There's a strip club down the street called DÃÆÃâÃâéjÃÆÃâÃâà Vu, I haven't experienced it yet...O:)

:lol:

I LOVE Deja Vu (no accent keys <.< ) its so weird, I think its because sometimes we have dreams that we dont remember about things that are very similar, and we remember it when we see the similar thing.

I LOVE Deja Vu (no accent keys ) its so weird, I think its because sometimes we have dreams that we dont remember about things that are very similar, and we remember it when we see the similar thing.

Yeah, that's what some scientists link it to. They think that you have already witnessed an event (in dreams or elsewhere) and when a similiar event comes, your brain misfires which gives you the perception of seeing it before.

3textsz2.png

Deja vu and its similar feelings is just a small delay in the transmitting of information between neurons in your brain. A "lag" as it were.

People with neural theories of it's explanation have many other theories than that.

They include:

A number of variations of these theories exist, with miscommunication of the two cerebral hemispheres and abnormally fast neuronal firing also given as explanations for the sensation.

Perhaps the most widely acknowledged neuronal theory is the optical pathway delay theory which explains dÃÆÃâÃâéjÃÆÃâÃâà vu as being the product of a delayed optical input from one eye. Closely following the input from the first eye (when it should be simultaneous), this misleads conscious awareness and suggests a sensation of familiarity when there should not be one.

3textsz2.png

I used to have it sooo much, I still do to some extent, but seriously I used to have them almost everyday. And I got so used to having them my head would be in turmoil.

"I knew that was going to happen..., Darn it I knew I was going to think that!, and that!"

657757fr7.png

SHH HUT YUH MUH. DERKHED.

I used to have it sooo much, I still do to some extent, but seriously I used to have them almost everyday. And I got so used to having them my head would be in turmoil.

"I knew that was going to happen..., Darn it I knew I was going to think that!, and that!"

As I said earlier, deja vu usually happens during a stage of your life when you are observant of you immediate surroundings. If you see something different, you brain can sometimes misfire, which scientists believe causes deja vu.

3textsz2.png