Hunting: from 0 to 50 in 12 hours/ updated to lvl 99

howzitboy

This is one awesome guide! I'm already 46 Hunting (I was 28 just two weeks ago) and I've popped in at the Falconers for some fur for Spotted Cape.

But you advice Ferrets all the way to 53. Isn't Falcon just as fast? And what about Rabbits, since we will be wading in Ferrets?

Owner of Quest Cape since 11/9/2007 23:30! Working my butt off to get it back.

lemurian04.png

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one awesome guide! I'm already 46 Hunting (I was 28 just two weeks ago) and I've popped in at the Falconers for some fur for Spotted Cape.

But you advice Ferrets all the way to 53. Isn't Falcon just as fast? And what about Rabbits, since we will be wading in Ferrets?

yeah the falcons are super quick but my wrist gave out with all the clicking. and i did rabbits but its slow xp cause you can only get one at a time. u set all you traps at each hole and hope to catch one when it pops out. too slow to be useful but do a few and get those rabbits foot to help you when u wood cut.

Might i say, Orange salamanders are much faster xp that using falconry, use falconry till you can get orange salamanders, then catch then as the southern most point to catch them, north of the fairy ring DLQ(i think this is right) then at level 57 go to falconry and get dark and spotted kebbits...

maxsig28nv.gif

An excellent, easy to read, and well written.

10/10

I don't often grade, and I don't often give criticism but, rewrite the guide and the title so that it doesn't include so many *goal reached* that makes it look slightly more like a blog #-o

anyways, congratulations on a great guide =D>

many thx on the comment. I put in the "goal reached" just to liven it up and give the readers a goal (so not to get bored). but true, does make it bloglike *sigh*.

but u gotta admit, colorful huh?

yeah, rabbits are too slow. i tried for a bit and u can only catch one rabbit at a time, but u can catch as many ferrets as traps u set. and rabbits are too much running cuz the traps are not that close together.

but, get a few rabbits feet for you and your pals.

Um, for the red chinchompas you didn't point out the best spot to hunt them which is just east of the horseshoe shaped water and and best pattern to hunt chinchompas is in a box, with one in the middle when you can use five traps. Like so. The "x's" being the traps.

xxxxxx---------xxxxxx

xxxxxx---------xxxxxx

xxxxxx---------xxxxxx

-------- xxxxxx---------

-------- xxxxxx---------

-------- xxxxxx---------

xxxxxx---------xxxxxx

xxxxxx---------xxxxxx

xxxxxx---------xxxxxx

Cool55155.png

814 to 99 Hunter

Trimmed Hunter Cape: 99 Cooking

Total Barrows Items: 53

Total Barrows Earnings: 65,545,000gp

The 'X' style set up isn't actully the best, in fact its one of the worse, the one in the middle is practically useless as the trap around it attract the chinchompas first the best shape is more of a pentagon which makes feel use of each box's attraction zone.

First of all, GREAT guide !

Started to train hunter because of this guide ;) Yesterday acctually ;)

Some stuff you can add to make the guide even better

1. Summery

"At level 1-15 : **

At level 15-27: **

Etc ..

2. How to put up the boxes for best catching :) Some1 said a pentagon, another something else ..

Now when i can put 2 boxes im putting them 1 step away from each other.

When i get 3 boxes im going to put them like an V

When i get 4 boxes like an Y

5 boxes i dont know :P Any1 got a comment for that ?

I dont know how to put em so they catch good .. To many people saying different things.

3. Maybe a video of where and how to catch red chinchomps how to put up the boxes again.

4. Things to wear.

Because now im confused. Im level 38 and some1 said ferrets to level 70, another said dark kebbits etc .. I dont know what to train at ..

Once again. GREAT guide ! 9/10

thats a fairly good guide its working for me so far! Ty for the help it has given

Currently taking a break from runescape, as i have learned there are many more important things in like thatn runescape.... but runescape will still be close to my heart through out my break

id go with ferrets cuz there are only 2 dark kebbits to catch. with ferrets, u only release the ferret, with kebbits u bury the bones and drop the hide. slows u down alot....

but, to throw another in the mix, dont forget those salamanders(lvl 47), they are super fast xp, but u need a rope and a fishing net to catch them. and when your net fails, u have to pick up both of them.

I'm going for 99 hunter.

what I've done so far...

lvl 1-17: Tracking Polar Kebbits

lvl 17-20: Cerulean Twitches

lvl 20-47: Tropical Wagtails

lvl 47-59: A mixture of Tropical Wagtails, Spotted Kebbits, and Dark Kebbits.

lvl 59-61: Red Salamanders

And I'm at lvl 61 now... I started three days ago. I'm making decent time if I do say so myself.

I plan on doing red salamanders til lvl 63 and then heading on over to the Red Chins and doing those until 99.

I highly recommend Tropical Wagtails from 20 to atleast lvl 43... I didn't do the quest so I never tried ferrets, so they may be better, but I made great time with the Wagtails. Mid 40s it starts slowing down though.. that's why I moved to falconry.

Slaythemx2.gif

• 2 weeks later...