What exactly is a skilling clan for?

Jake_Corsair

I understand the concept of a fighting/combat oriented clan. But reading through the skilling clan recruitment pages, they list requirements and such, but not actually their purpose.

Just kinda curious, might join one if I had a better idea of what they are/do.

Thanks

If Jagex ever made a perfect update, there would be players complaining about nothing to complain about.

[hide=My Stats]Jake_Corsair.png[/hide]

well it vary's. mostly they tend to be more community based and relaxed than a combat oreinted clan. people with diffrent cross skills can help each other to gain wealth. for instance a wood cutter can have bows fleatched for free and a miner can get his ores turned into goods. on the other side of the coin those with higher item makeing skill levels get free xp from the other members.

besides from that theres the community part of it, a good clan wheater it is skill or combat based almost always has a nice comunity its members are proud to be apart of.

so there you have it some thing about skill clans. I myself lead Militos Deci although we are mainly combat orented I am trying to make some skill based events.

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci

• 2 weeks later...
Well.. My best guess of what a skilling clan is this:

I think a skilling clan is a clan when you train up your skills. For example smithing, mining, crafting, etc.

~Yes, but you could do that on your own. I think it might be that and so you don't get bored while doing it. Maybe training with a friend.~

21ed8x.jpg

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Well.. My best guess of what a skilling clan is this:

I think a skilling clan is a clan when you train up your skills. For example smithing, mining, crafting, etc.

~Yes, but you could do that on your own. I think it might be that and so you don't get bored while doing it. Maybe training with a friend.~

Yea. Training with a clan is more fun I guess..

j0xPu5R.png

Yes training with a group on your skills is more fun I myself belong in a skilling clan. I am not as active as I should

or want to be, but at least I know if I ever want to join in on a skill event I am more then welcome to. :)

They also have skill wars against other clans which I have yet to experience, just not enough time at the moment.

queenvalerie.png

In skilling clans you can share your secrets on how to train with each other, you can have a trade community ("you cut so yew logs and i'll flecth them for you") and you share your achivments.

Also you can race each other to a leel which is fun, same with ranks.

Edit: After looking at your signature your in G.E.S? Just saying I quit them and you mgith want to join some other skilling clans first.

mithmwccape,nashy19.gif

nashy19.gif

mypet.jpg Click the image to pat my pet!

A lot of people have already posted, but I thought I'd give my input as I am actually in a skilling clan.

Just like combat clans, skilling clans do have events and 'get-togethers' so to speak. In my clan (which I'm not very active in anymore, to be honest :wall: ) has Pyramid Plunder Events, Trouble Brewing Events, and other minigames, etc. We help each other with our skilling by providing advice and guides. It's really just a fun way to hang out with fellow skillers.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog