-.- WebDesign

ScarletEve

I own a domain, and as of today my site builder won't work. It's coming up with some godawful error that not even their tech support has ever heard of. I Googled it, nothing. :shock:

It's a javavm[Caution: ExecutableFile] error...now my question with this board:

What program would you all suggest to rebuild the site with that is quick, easy and basically wysiwyg?

I own a domain, and as of today my site builder won't work. It's coming up with some godawful error that not even their tech support has ever heard of. I Googled it, nothing. :shock:

It's a javavm[Caution: ExecutableFile] error...now my question with this board:

What program would you all suggest to rebuild the site with that is quick, easy and basically wysiwyg?

If their tech support hasn't heard of it, are you sure that you picked a good company to buy from?

Anyway, shouldn't this go on tech/computers forum?

demorisclaire2md7.jpg

For designing a webpage, I've heard that Dreamweaver is good. (if thats what you're looking for?)

Dreamweaver is the way to go.

thirdeyesig0tl.jpg

Dreaming of that face again

It's bright, and blue, and shimmering

Grinning wide

And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

For designing a webpage, I've heard that Dreamweaver is good. (if thats what you're looking for?)

Dreamweaver is the way to go.

Yup dreamweaver is WYSIWYG along with Frontpage if I'm not mistaken. Use dreamweaver though.

I wipe myself in the restroom with Frontpage licenses. Really, Frontpage is so terrible it's not funny. The best editor is Notepad, or WordPad. The user manual is located at http://www.w3schools.com, under HTML tutorials.

He wanted a WYSIWYG program though..

definitely notepad or wordpad, because if you screw up - you know it's your own fault and not the program's and that it's fixable. :P

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

I wipe myself in the restroom with Frontpage licenses. Really, Frontpage is so terrible it's not funny. The best editor is Notepad, or WordPad. The user manual is located at http://www.w3schools.com, under HTML tutorials.

Yes, in Notepad and Wordpad, What you see is what you get. You see a toolbar and menu bars, plus a big textarea and no pointless syntax highlighting or pesky limitations, and you get that.

sigon4.jpg

handed me TWO tissues to clear up. I was like "i'm going to need a few more paper towels than that luv"

Yes, in Notepad and Wordpad, What you see is what you get. You see a toolbar and menu bars, plus a big textarea and no pointless syntax highlighting or pesky limitations, and you get that.

I don't think you understand. What you see is what you get means he can build the website in the program and see it the whole time. Therefor, he is seeing the site before he publishes it and the result is the same.

Notepad and Wordpad are not WYSIWYG

I suggest Max's HTML Beauty editor.... its an html editor but just by hitting i believe F9 it'll give you a preview of your site.... its not wsywig or whatever but its good. It has tons of other awesome features.... Such as templates for a css page or a php page.... it starts you off with the stuff... its awesome you should try it.

Your best bet is Macromedia Dreamweaver, due to it being very easy to learn and putting out great results unlike Frontpage. However I would definately recommend you learn HTML and use UltraEdit this is notepad on steroids and is very useful in writing HTML, JavaScript, CSS, PHP, and many other languages. Whatever program you decide to use please support the software company and purchase a legal copy. Good luck.