John Titor

anonimu

Wikipedia

Archive

I think that he might have actually been telling the truth... His explanations make a lot of sense...

Discuss...

Losers...

Are you blind or ignoring me on purpose?

Even though I sometimes side with religious people in some debates, I no longer consider myself religious.

Wikipedia

Archive

I think that he might have actually been telling the truth... His explanations make a lot of sense...

Discuss...

Australia successfully repels a Chinese invasion.

Somehow I don't think so. :lol: :P (it's already begun :anxious: )

He appeared to imply that there were many worldlines, and his time machine could not control its outgoing destination exactly, but could return to a worldline exactly similar to his own home. (It would be a different "Worldline" but would be exactly the same in his perspective as when he left). His originating "worldline" would, in turn, receive a John Titor exactly similar to the original. Therefore, his original "worldline" would indeed receive the benefit of his mission.

The "worldline" theory resembles the many-worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics, although his use of the term is different from physicists' use of worldline, which refers to the path of an object through four-dimensional spacetime, not to an entire universe or history (what the many-worlds interpretation would just call a 'world').

Taken almost word for word out of a book, The Sterkarm Handshake

If he is trying to somehow save the world, why is he sitting there posting on forums?

He appeared to imply that there were many worldlines, and his time machine could not control its outgoing destination exactly, but could return to a worldline exactly similar to his own home. (It would be a different "Worldline" but would be exactly the same in his perspective as when he left). His originating "worldline" would, in turn, receive a John Titor exactly similar to the original. Therefore, his original "worldline" would indeed receive the benefit of his mission.

The "worldline" theory resembles the many-worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics, although his use of the term is different from physicists' use of worldline, which refers to the path of an object through four-dimensional spacetime, not to an entire universe or history (what the many-worlds interpretation would just call a 'world').

Taken almost word for word out of a book, The Sterkarm Handshake

If he is trying to somehow save the world, why is he sitting there posting on forums?

He'll get back right after he left anyway... He can only leave at certain times apparently... So he can stay as long as he can...

Oh and he obviously didn't write the wikipedia article...

Losers...

Even though I sometimes side with religious people in some debates, I no longer consider myself religious.

Oh jeze, this again? I'm pretty sure he was disproven somewhere. The whole thing's pretty stupid anyways, as if anything he predicts doesn't come true (which has been the case - we were supposed to have a civil war in the US), then he has the alternate dimension excuse or whatever it was that was explained. Long story short, it's pretty much an elaborate and interesting prank.

Oh jeze, this again? I'm pretty sure he was disproven somewhere. The whole thing's pretty stupid anyways, as if anything he predicts doesn't come true (which has been the case - we were supposed to have a civil war in the US), then he has the alternate dimension excuse or whatever it was that was explained. Long story short, it's pretty much an elaborate and interesting prank.

If you think about it, his "believers"'s explanation makes a lot of sense... Our time line is slightly different from his...

Losers...

If you think about it, his "believers"'s explanation makes a lot of sense... Our time line is slightly different from his...

And I quote

Of course, she was in a dimension removed from her own world, so this wasn't the sixteenth century of her own time line-if she'd understood the scientific explanations at all correctly. But she'd been assured, the two dimensions were so close, there was no essential difference. "The dimensions diverge inasmuch as Anne Boleyn wore a red dress to her execution in one, and a pick dress in the other" had been one rather distasteful explanation.

Hmm... Sounds like a similar explanation.

full of crap

if time travel were at all possible (which it could very well be as time speeds up away from gravity)...we could never go backwards....only forwards

until then...here is a pic to describe him:

attention_whore3.jpg

full of crap

if time travel were at all possible...we could never go backwards....only forwards

I disagree, I agree with the opposite. The future is what's yet to happen, so it's impossible to visit it. And then past is what's gone, so technically, also impossible. We live in a present world.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

full of crap

if time travel were at all possible...we could never go backwards....only forwards

I disagree, I agree with the opposite. The future is what's yet to happen, so it's impossible to visit it. And then past is what's gone, so technically, also impossible. We live in a present world.

we cannot go backwards because the only way to time travel is using Einstein's theory of relativity...moving much faster in a different dimension of time to go into the future...

so technically...you would exist in a different time plane and accelerate faster than the time plane here on earth...age slower..and technically "go into the future" as time in your dimension would move much quicker. let's say you move a period of 9 years, but it takes you 33 days. you would go back to the dimension of earth, and have only aged 33 days...while every1 else aged 9 years

that's the only way i see time travel as possible...you cannot revisit the past

For the record, this post has been done before. But it was over a year ago, and I don't have a problem with another discussion. anonimu, a little more detail instead just a wikipedia link would probably help this thread move on better though.

full of crap

we cannot go backwards because the only way to time travel is using Einstein's theory of relativity...moving much faster in a different dimension of time to go into the future...

so technically...you would exist in a different time plane and accelerate faster than the time plane here on earth...age slower..and technically "go into the future" as time in your dimension would move much quicker. let's say you move a period of 9 years, but it takes you 33 days. you would go back to the dimension of earth, and have only aged 33 days...while every1 else aged 9 years

Not technically true, there are possible ways to travel back in time, certainly not a simple machine though, but it might be possible. Some physicists aren't convinced, others are. If you want an explanation of how, just let me know.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

For the record, this post has been done before. But it was over a year ago, and I don't have a problem with another discussion. anonimu, a little more detail instead just a wikipedia link would probably help this thread move on better though.

full of crap

Not technically true, there are possible ways to travel back in time, certainly not a simple machine though, but it might be possible. Some physicists aren't convinced, others are. If you want an explanation of how, just let me know.

The theory is is that if you could twist a black hole along its own well you and you can somehow go into the blackhole (well, or a wormhole) then once you reach the other end which is another blackhole in another place and time, you would have traveled time and space. You can go back to the time and place (space) you came from by going back into the black hole to the other side and vice-versa.

The theory is is that if you could twist a black hole along its own well you and you can somehow go into the blackhole (well, or a wormhole) then once you reach the other end which is another blackhole in another place and time. You can go back to the time and place (space) you came from by going back into the black hole to the other side and vice-versa.

It would have to be a wormhole, nothing comes out of black holes as far as we know.

Assuming we're talking about an infinitely advanced civilization, one that's only restrained by the laws of physics. You could in theory reach down into the quantum foam that (possibly) lies at the heart of all matter, enlarge it, create a wormhole in space, maintain it with "exotic material" and travel between two points, and if you think about it, this would allow you to travel back in time to when the wormhole was created.

But yeah, you pretty much got it.

The theory is is that if you could twist a black hole along its own well you and you can somehow go into the blackhole (well, or a wormhole) then once you reach the other end which is another blackhole in another place and time. You can go back to the time and place (space) you came from by going back into the black hole to the other side and vice-versa.

It would have to be a wormhole, nothing comes out of black holes as far as we know.

Assuming we're talking about an infinitely advanced civilization, one that's only restrained by the laws of physics. You could in theory reach down into the quantum foam that (possibly) lies at the heart of all matter, enlarge it, create a wormhole in space, maintain it with "exotic material" and travel between two points, and if you think about it, this would allow you to travel back in time to when the wormhole was created.

But yeah, you pretty much got it.

I think you could enter a black hole if you do not enter at the event horizon, but the side of the well, or something like that. I can't remember it really well but it was in a Michio Kaku book.

Why not ask him to describe an accurate description of something big, media wise, coming up in the next few weeks. If he's right, I'll believe him, otherwise can I say ATTENTION SEEKERS.

If he could give such an explanation, that would contradict his own theory of a non-linear temporal progression.

Did Art Bell bring him up on his radio show again?

I was interested in this story around 5 years ago, however since then many of his predictions are nowhere near accurate. Civil unrest in the 04 American elections, descending into civil war in 05? Olympics cancelled since 04; I guess winter 06 doesn't count right?

Not only were his predictions wrong, his physics where off, badly. The most obvious error is the amount of gravitational bending the singularities in his time travelling car caused. For example the sun bends light around 0.0006 degrees, in the photo (he provided a photo of a person shining a laser in his car) the light bent almost perpendicularly. The gravity required would have been monstrous, more then enough to physically crush a human. It's funny to hear that he could have carried the singularities around, weighing about 200 pounds.

Anyway it's one of those situations where you want to believe and at the time seemed believable, however in retrospect it's a pretty clear hoax.

full of crap

The theory is is that if you could twist a black hole along its own well you and you can somehow go into the blackhole (well, or a wormhole) then once you reach the other end which is another blackhole in another place and time, you would have traveled time and space. You can go back to the time and place (space) you came from by going back into the black hole to the other side and vice-versa.

too much energy (astronomical amounts that are exponentially...almost infinitely greater than any nuclear warhead or nuclear fusion/fission that we are trying to produce...even the sun that does this millions of times over and over again isn't enough energy) is needed to produce such a device from nothing and it requires even more energy to keep it alive...and us...living very far away from what we perceive to be naturally occurring wormholes (if we have even seen what we think is one..i'm not sure...but considering black holes are far away as well)..we would have no way to reach such an object nor would be able to control its power in our favor due to the energy require to change their direction

that's why i throw out a "wormhole" as something to time travel with into the past...especially since it throws physics as we know it out the window...however..physics on a different dimension could behave in a different manner

too much energy (astronomical amounts that are exponentially...almost infinitely greater than any nuclear warhead or nuclear fusion/fission that we are trying to produce...even the sun that does this millions of times over and over again isn't enough energy) is needed to produce such a device from nothing and it requires even more energy to keep it alive...and us...living very far away from what we perceive to be naturally occurring wormholes (if we have even seen what we think is one..i'm not sure...but considering black holes are far away as well)..we would have no way to reach such an object nor would be able to control its power in our favor due to the energy require to change their direction

that's why i throw out a "wormhole" as something to time travel with into the past...especially since it throws physics as we know it out the window...however..physics on a different dimension could behave in a different manner

And that's why I talked about time travel being possible for an infinitely advanced civilization, one that's only restrained by the laws of physics. Obviously we are absolutely nowhere near that kind of advancement yet.

And that's why I talked about time travel being possible for an infinitely advanced civilization, one that's only restrained by the laws of physics. Obviously we are absolutely nowhere near that kind of advancement yet.

Probably a Civ on the Type III or Type IV:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_III_Civilization

@knives - Don't we all? :)