Ultimate HAM minigame guide, updated: 8-22-07

wizarthas460

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is something I do a lot of when I need some fast cash.

My strategy includes dropping all sapphire and gold jewelry (I have over 50 of all stocked including gems so they aren't worth my time to save anymore).

The best items to high alch are emerald items (except rings-I enchant them and use them a lot), ruby necklaces and diamond necklaces. They will give you a good amount of money.

Note: I have tried to sell enchanted emerald jewelry but only duel rings sell really well. The rest you need someone who rally wants them to make anything off of it.

I only end up enchanting emerald rings, ruby rings, diamond rings and diamond ammys.

Side note: you forgot to mention that you can also get cut gems (sapphire up to diamond) too. your choice to drop, fletch or save for crafting. (I have gotten close to 20 diamonds this way- great for lost city marketplace).

Nice guide. 8/10 (And the quest to get into the chest looting is fairly easy)

O:)

Bolts are only usefull in cwars, in the wildy the dont hit hard enough and on monsters you dont really need the special.

In cwars they however stun people who carry the flag, or KO them with the lightning flash.

This is something I do a lot of when I need some fast cash.

My strategy includes dropping all sapphire and gold jewelry (I have over 50 of all stocked including gems so they aren't worth my time to save anymore).

The best items to high alch are emerald items (except rings-I enchant them and use them a lot), ruby necklaces and diamond necklaces. They will give you a good amount of money.

Note: I have tried to sell enchanted emerald jewelry but only duel rings sell really well. The rest you need someone who rally wants them to make anything off of it.

I only end up enchanting emerald rings, ruby rings, diamond rings and diamond ammys.

Side note: you forgot to mention that you can also get cut gems (sapphire up to diamond) too. your choice to drop, fletch or save for crafting. (I have gotten close to 20 diamonds this way- great for lost city marketplace).

Nice guide. 8/10 (And the quest to get into the chest looting is fairly easy) \'

dragonmattcape,Nub%200f%20gl0ry.gif

Nice guide and all, but if you're higher level thieving (70+?) I'd suggest using this outfit:

equipxi6.png

(Note this is just pickpocketing, not going down to get keys or to kill guards for clues.) Also, ignore the bits of ham clothing, they have no effect unless used in full.

Otherwise, very nice guide. ::'

copyofsigtuxtimenf0.png

are you sure it works only in full??? i think it has also a bit more thieving bonus each...

it doesnt make you get better things it will make you fail less...and if youre lvl 1 or 99 you will still fail the same amount of times...so its best to have a full ham and or gloves of silent....other some armour to lose less hitpoints.

but i will see if it works (i presume the runes are for the clues???(a dueling ring is also EXTREMELY handy so i suggest to take some more, as i see youre heading for several trips))

will check it now

I don't fail as often as I used to. My outfit was going more for movement, to do the clues faster (the runes are for that purpose as well as the super energy potion).

That outfit lasts me for very many goes for clue scrolls. When I was doing the clues, I was finishing most of them in about 5 minutes. (That's with having all the equip clue junk though.)

I regret, though, that I recently threw out a lot of the equip items for bank space <.<

copyofsigtuxtimenf0.png

i read it...i dont really get it lol, i have bad attention and only looked at pics pretty much, still, i got the idea, kind of.

7/10

the new lvl 3 member skiller.....if u c me, im not a macro

I love ur guide and i love HAM in 1 day of thieving i got green elegant shirt, guthix vestmen, and blue beret! :D jackpot and im not even done yet.

EDIT: just got black helm(h5) and black kite (h3) in one clue!!!!

Fisher 4 lyfe.

tinyslamHYT.png

86,674 to 99 cooking

36,414 to 99 fishing! (7/31/10)

My new Goals thread involes thieving clues from the HAM people, could I get your permission to post up a link to your great guide on this? :?:

My goals thread is in my sig, if you would like to check it out.

seetons.png

Feel free to HYT me in-game =)

~~3,483rd to 99 Thieving, Feb 22, 2008~~

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." - Calvin (& Hobbes)

When doing second level on guards, I really suggest wielding a lava staff (or a firestaff if you dont have a lava staff) and bring nature runes so you can alch right away. Otherwise your inventory will fill up *very* fast. And you *do* want to stay until you get a clue, right ;)

I visit the HAM people every now and then when I am in the mood to do level 1 clues :) Since I am high thieving myself, I dont bother with ham clothes. I wear gloves of silence, boots of lightness and a spottier cape.

Please think before you ask a question. If you ask the right question, its much more likely you get the answer you are looking for :)

Gugge.png

Moly.png

My new Goals thread involes thieving clues from the HAM people, could I get your permission to post up a link to your great guide on this?

sure! ::'

When doing second level on guards, I really suggest wielding a lava staff (or a firestaff if you dont have a lava staff) and bring nature runes so you can alch right away. Otherwise your inventory will fill up *very* fast. And you *do* want to stay until you get a clue, right

I visit the HAM people every now and then when I am in the mood to do level 1 clues Since I am high thieving myself, I dont bother with ham clothes. I wear gloves of silence, boots of lightness and a spottier cape.

if you look in the guide i said already if you want to high alch it right away...

but it doesnt matter how high you are...they say you will get caught the same amounts of time....and ive been doing this since lvl 30....so 20 lvl's difference with now...and according to me i still get caught the same amounts of time...

does anyone can confirm this???

ty so much for this guide!

i made over 60k with 2 runs of this.

my extra tips for mages, drop all keys except iron, best rewards.

Lots of sapphire neclaces and amulets, emerald ones, rubie once etc.

im gonna get myself some cosmic runes =P

~~~Gudi~~~