A Forum for Web Development

Slayr

I was thinking that a board devoted to web devlopment, or maybe even programming, could inspire many Tipiters to pick this up. It would be a good place to learn and ask question. Maybe there could even be a web design/ functionality contest. I'm thinking it could be a subforum of Tech and Computers

What do you guys think?

There aren't that many topics about web development. Usually the policy for making a new forum/subforum is that there is a call for it, and lots of posts that would be better suited there.

Tech&PC is fine for now, if we made a new subforum there it would be desolate.

spacescenev24.jpg

*Raises hand* I'm working on a php script right now. And I know of several others around here that do web design.

And also, you can't leave the fact unmentioned that not many people active in discussion (If at all) on T&C because it hardly ever has anything else than help threads. I admit to contributing to that, but it saved my computer.

C2b6gs7.png

There are people (me included) who are into coding and scripting etc, but really that's just a very small selection of people. The forum really wouldn't be active enough, and that's the main reason it won't get a subforum.

spacescenev24.jpg

Well mebbe make it a bit clearer that those kind of threads are allowed in there? A lot of it is just " OMG! Why is x not working!" and it's not really inviting for people to post something other than a 'help' thread..

(Personally, I'd love a place to show off my awesomeness :P )

Exactly. #1 reason why we don't have threads discussing, or trying to solve web development issues, or even web development 'useful' tricks' or 'did you know...' topics because people don't think Tech & Computers is for discussing computers, or web development. Honestly, I'd love to see a better name and forum description given for the category, prompting users to wanting to post such information. Like 'Technology Discussion' would be 2x better than 'Tech & Computers' to get the topics we're wanting.

Exactly. #1 reason why we don't have threads discussing, or trying to solve web development issues, or even web development 'useful' tricks' or 'did you know...' topics because people don't think Tech & Computers is for discussing computers, or web development. Honestly, I'd love to see a better name and forum description given for the category, prompting users to wanting to post such information. Like 'Technology Discussion' would be 2x better than 'Tech & Computers' to get the topics we're wanting.

People who would be into coding/development/etc would surely know of the T&C board I would have thought, and therefore know that, that type of discussion is welcome there.

But I'm all up for making it more inviting. I honestly don't think changing the name slightly will change things much though.

sig2ho7.jpg