Oversized Signatures

Ok, this just happened to me and I'm a tad pissed cause I'd like to put what I had in my signature back but I don't remember what it was...

Aparantly I broke the 450x175 limit. Now I've had the signature I did for several months, and nothing was ever said about it.

What I would like to suggest is that when someone breaks the limit, except in exceptional circumstances, they receive a message in their inbox telling them that their signature is too large. They should remove some items in it or it will be replaced. This is as apposed to simply being given the "Your Signature is Too Large" picture and having to start your sig all over.

Now these exceptional circumstances would be for when someone somehow exceeds the limit in a large proportion (exageration: a sig that's 700x400), at which time I can see immediately replacing the signature.

But at least give us some time to fix it ourself so that we can still have a decent signature...

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

i remember that being the process. mods would pm users saying their signature was too big and the user would usually get around 24hrs to fix it themself before it was replaced.

As long as I've been here , the signature limit is being broken way too often per day to stop and send everyone a message asking them to change it , which many users would just ignore anyways and then we would also have to go back and verify that the changes were made.

This topic came up quite a while ago actually http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=521724 where a user complained that by us replacing the signature, they would be lost.

It is NOT our responsibility to keep a backup of your signature or their images.

I'd like to remind you of the limits, 450 pixels wide by 175 pixels high TOTAL

If you have a 450x175 image and text under it , your signature is too big!

If you have 2 images that total 175 high and a quote under it, your signature is too big!

etc etc..

The current signature limits were decided by a user debate

We increased the width by 50% of what it once was and allowed for a 16% increase in height. They instantly became a problem again.

I see absolutely zero reason to discuss another change to allow for more "personal expression" and as I said in the other postings, people are not here to view your signature, they are here to read and discuss what your posts say, and i will repeat what i said above, we are NOT responsible for keeping a backup of signatures that violate the limits, we are stretched thin enough trying to keep up with the rest of the daily problems the community dishes out.

I like to fart silently but deadly in movie theaters
Ard Choille says (11:41 PM):

I wouldn't dare tell you what to do m'dear

If you make an oversized signature and dont save a copy onto your hard drive then dont "boo hoo" if it gets taken away.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12